Status
Not open for further replies.

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
I used the last blank in my wood-turning box. I'm not sure what type of wood it is. It is a very soft wood so could be Ash. The one I made today, the Ash, is on the left. The one I made yesterday, Bocote, is on the right. I may have to make a trip to Wood Crafters and pick up a few more wood blanks and pen kits. I have never really made any for myself. Well, I did keep one for myself, it was a mistake. I had reversed a bushing so there was no way I was going to give it to someone else. The others I have made were either made as gifts or for silent auctions at church. Now I have two that I can use. I just love the feel of a wood pen and the heft of the Cigar style.
Pens%207.2_zpsojv3t6ru.jpg

I love them....beautiful !!!
Dare I reveal just how ancient I am? I miss stationary shops.....with beautiful writing papers.....little bottles of colored ink....writing with a fountain pen. Never achieved the luxury of a Montblanc, but I could dream, and LOL....had a pretty decent "clone" from a trip to chinatown in NYC....:)

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
Nothing you can say.

Yes there is. . . we can open our arms and hearts and listen to your wonderful memories. That is a big part of what makes the people here so special. We are here for you. And whether you get back on that motorcycle or just walk to the mailbox, she is still with you also. I know it must be so difficult to lose a spouse but I get the feeling that she would not want you being sad. So hold on to those precious memories and if a tear should fall, that's alright. Big hug to you from me and everyone else on this porch.

Rotowoman

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2014
Louisiana
Thank you Iffy, unfortunately, my bride lost her battle 11 months after her cancer was discovered. It will be 3 years ago this coming Sunday. Tuesday would have been (was) our 26th anniversary. It seems like it was just yesterday. Sorry, I have been a bundle of emotions.
I am SO sorry to hear this. If it's any consolation, I lost my spouse to cancer too 13 years ago. 3 years is still pretty doggone fresh! Bless your darling heart! I wish I could give you a hug just to let you know that I have an idea what it feels like.

Rotowoman

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2014
Louisiana
Invisibility and loneliness , whats wrong with that ?
I used to go walk around and not get approached but now the charity people come up to you and start talking. Just leave the can on the table and I'll put some money in ( which will hopefully actually go to something/someone in need and not mostly be used for administration etc.

Well, nothing is wrong with it, I guess. I just know it quite well. I have a bad habit of isolating myself quite a bit when I'm not at work. I'm NOT the hostess with the mostess, and I do LOVE good conversation, but I have a difficult time with talking about nothing, if you know what I mean. I have a lady friend, who is just the sweetest thing, but I just can't have endless conversation on the phone about the shoes she found on sale or the tank tops that she found somewhere else. I'd rather talk about things that mean something or.......I don't know.

I'm told that I'm really fun to be around, but I can't seem to make myself get out of the house to go do anything. I think I've always been a bit of a loner.

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
those are some beautiful pens Diver!! I am a leather worker, so I do appreciate a good, old world craft! And I mean that as an extreme compliment.
Thank you. I'm a bit rusty but it is coming back.

Kim B.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2013
STL MO
Oh WOW! I am overwhelmed with all of the kind words and uplifting thoughts. I don't know how to do the multiple quotes like deb? does, however, I want to say thanks to everyone. This is a hard time for me as the 3-year anniversary of her being taken from me and 26 years of marriage all occur this week. Who would have thought we would make it work. She hated motorcycles when we first started dating. The Navy, in its infinite wisdom, sent me from San Francisco to San Diego to become a motorcycle safety instructor. I was forced to ride my motorcycle down Highway 1. Oh, the horrors!! LOL. Anyway, she decided since I was an instructor she would try riding with me. Soon after getting my certification, I bought an old '84 Honda Goldwing from a fellow instructor at Alameda Naval Air Station. On the first weekend ride to Monterey, I created a monster. We rode the wheels off that bike. She found another newer used Goldwing and she bought it for us. It is in the garage and I can't bring myself to ride it anymore. It isn't the same without the queen in her seat. Somehow, the microphone for her headset didn't work. She had a habit of singing along to the radio or tape. One thing she couldn't do was carry a tune. However, she did it with gusto. LOL
Thanks for listening to this ol man travel down memory lane. Anyone want to buy a Goldwing? I'll make ya a good deal.

Thanks for sharing your memories with us Diver, sounds like she was a special lady. Such a precious gift to have that special someone in our lives, your post reminds me of how grateful I am to have a special someone of my own.

runamok

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2014
Georgia
Yoda light saber.jpg
yoda3.jpg

Just to "Star Wars" you out. BTW these are kinda for 2legs Hang in there Bud! I wonder if you could start a law suite against the state for forcing back to smoking?

Attachments

• 887108a363c5827e05952156fdefc066.jpg
    887108a363c5827e05952156fdefc066.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

runamok

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2014
Georgia
Diver, beautiful work and I hope you'll get back into it big time. You have lost a big piece of your life when your wife passed but She wouldn't want you to loose your craft to grief, use it as a tribute to her memory and know that She loved you and life with you. Let the love you have ease the pain and Make beautiful things to remember Her. Internet Bro hug.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Invisibility and loneliness , whats wrong with that ?
Lonely is not the same as alone. I don't generally feel lonely when I'm alone. I love to be alone. After raising 3 kids by myself for so many years, alone time is precious. It's the time that I'm most aware of my own presence. So, no way to feel lonely with ME as company!

I read something on a forum a long time ago. Someone was talking about a book written by The Horse Whisperer. He said the secret is to look directly into an animal's eyes. To let it feel truly seen.

We often feel loneliest in a crowd. We don't need our outer selves to be seen. We need to feel that WE, our true selves, are seen. Really looking into someone's eyes is an amazing thing!
Well, nothing is wrong with it, I guess. I just know it quite well. I have a bad habit of isolating myself quite a bit when I'm not at work. I'm NOT the hostess with the mostess, and I do LOVE good conversation, but I have a difficult time with talking about nothing, if you know what I mean. I have a lady friend, who is just the sweetest thing, but I just can't have endless conversation on the phone about the shoes she found on sale or the tank tops that she found somewhere else. I'd rather talk about things that mean something or.......I don't know.

I'm told that I'm really fun to be around, but I can't seem to make myself get out of the house to go do anything. I think I've always been a bit of a loner.
Yes, empty conversation is boring, meaningless, and lonely. It can be like casual sex. It gets the heart excited because it promises something. But, then it doesn't deliver what the heart really wants. And, you end up feeling lonelier than if you would have just been left alone in the first place. A tease and a disappointment.
Anybody recognize this guy? Morning Iffy and all the rest. I was going through my images and came across this.
I don't know, Matt. He looks kind of 'iffy' to me!

I love those eyes! People get 'laugh lines' around the mouth. And, they also get 'love lines' around the eyes!

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I always considered the Constitution to be the American 'religion'. Nowadays, most laws are unconstitutional, and the Constitution is treated like some outdated piece of history that's no longer of any use or meaning.

Oh, well. Most things go in cycles. Hopefully, this will too.

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
I always considered the Constitution to be the American 'religion'. Nowadays, most laws are unconstitutional, and the Constitution is treated like some outdated piece of history that's no longer of any use or meaning.

Oh, well. Most things go in cycles. Hopefully, this will too.
You would think but, I'm not so sure. We hold these truths to be self evident, do they? Not so sure anymore what with parents being arrested for raising their children as they see fit and other such intrusions by the "Nanny State." Really makes you wonder where we're headed doesn't it?
I've got one of these and I wear it regularly...
[URL=http://s1290.photobucket.com/user/MBode1/media/1width400height400appearanceId2_zpsu1sxuqep.jpg.html] [/URL]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread