VV - VW question

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpfortier

Sep 11, 2009
Not new to vaping, but new to vv/vw bats.
Have a itaste MVP20W (vv 3.3 to 7.5, vw 6 to 20) with Protank 2.
Question: Which takes priority volt or watt.
You can have a 2 ohm coil set at 4 volts and set at 8 watts - math works.
Change the volts to 5(8w set) or watts to 12(4v set) math no work.
So after typing this out 5 or 6 times, I have come to the assumption that the battery
will decide what to do.(smart :censored: battery)
Set at 4+ volts as long as the watts setting stays below 8, 4+ volts will be delivered to the coil.
Set at 4 volts but watts set above 8 battery will adjust voltage to give the required set wattage.
Wasn't going to post this but someone might get a chuckle out of it.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
There is no selection mode you can adjust both to what ever you want.

well somewhere in the process you do select either voltage mode or wattage mode.

when you press the up/down buttons, if the voltage increases in a consistent (like 0.1 each time) fashion, then it's in voltage mode; if wattage increases in a consistent fashion (like 0.5 each time) then it's in wattage mode.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
here it is
  • "P" - power button: Variable wattage - VW
  • "U" - voltage button: Variable voltage - VV
  • Variable voltage mode: Press and hold the "U" button for 3 seconds to enter variable voltage mode
  • Variable wattage mode: Press and hold the "P" button for 3 seconds to enter variable wattage mode

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Not biting on that ;-) The other posters are correct. You have to be in one mode or the other. You can't adjust volts and watts at the same time because the mod can't vary the atty resistance. That's about as certain as gravity. I've never heard of an exception to Ohms Law and, as you observe, the math doesn't work like that. Either your mod is broken or you're confused about how to set it. I'll bet any odds you like the mod isn't delivering a fixed voltage to yield a fixed wattage if those totals, together with your atty resistance, fall outside of Ohms Law.

Reactions: Hitcat44

rpfortier

Sep 11, 2009
well somewhere in the process you do select either voltage mode or wattage mode.

when you press the up/down buttons, if the voltage increases in a consistent (like 0.1 each time) fashion, then it's in voltage mode; if wattage increases in a consistent fashion (like 0.5 each time) then it's in wattage mode.

My mistake, after re-reading the manual. I apologize for any rudeness on my part. Thank you for your help.

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
Understanding what is written than having it explained to you read goes a long way. Thank you again.

I will go one step further.....

what you're asking about, is pretty much deals with ohms law. Ohms law is like water. You have wattage, voltage, and resistance, which is like gallons per minute (amount), speed of water, and pipe size respectively. You chose two of those options, and the third is an automatic solution. In my water example, the pipe size is like the ohms of your coil. if you have a 2" pipe, and you want to use 10 gallons per minute, the speed of water to get that solution is automatically selected.

Same thing with electricity... if you have a certain ohm coil, and set it for a particular wattage, then it will automatically select the voltage. if you change to voltage mode, it will automatically deliver the wattage.

Many people choose wattage, since the ohms of the coil will rise over time. That way, you get a more consistent vape as the ohms of the coil creep upward. However, setting it to voltage will mean you supply that many volts no matter what the coil is like.. which might avoid problems from a bad build where the ohms will fluctuate.

I hope this helps your understanding a bit better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread