Not open for further replies.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I would love to join the blind test. You would have to send the samples to Europe though. Would happily pay for that, but USPS would delay my results by two weeks or so..
Oh, there are ways to get it there quickly, but they're expensive, and I'm not shipping 100mg/ml samples to Europe, sorry.

Participants:
1) Cool_Breeze
2) (Someone who's only PM'd me so far)
3) JeremyR (Mr. Rayon himself!)
4) clnire
5) NGAHaze
6) Dixie1954

I'll leave this open until the end of the day tomorrow or until we reach 10 people.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
I'd be interested in doing the blind test. I'm currently at 12mg and moving my flavoring percentages down, so the nic flavor and bite are becoming more of what I'm getting. I'm still working through my remaining WL Ice and am getting ready to jump into something new, so this would be useful for me as well!

Last edited:
Reactions: WillyZee

Cool_Breeze

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2011
Kentucky
I'll see if I can work up a form to plug in observations in some format to make for uniform reporting,. Rossum, I'll work with you to hammer out the details, including 'how' the reporting is handled. I'm not yet sure when I'll get on this, but it shouldn't be long.

Cmoke

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2014
Mokum, NL, Europe
Oh, there are ways to get it there quickly, but they're expensive, and I'm not shipping 100mg/ml samples to Europe, sorry.

Over 2 litres of US bases up to 200mg/ml in my freezer without breaking any laws, but it's your call, no problem. I'm very interested in the results though. Very good initiative!

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Cost isn't really an issue, but I don't want to deal with international shipping. Apologies to those of you outside the US.

Participants:
1) Cool_Breeze
2) (Someone who's only PM'd me so far)
3) JeremyR (Mr. Rayon himself!)
4) clnire
5) NGAHaze
6) Dixie1954
7) 440BB (who still has some of the fabled WL Ice for comparison)

Cyrus Vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2011
Bay Area, California
...perhaps a good point about the nic level tested. The original testing was all done at a single level and I suppose with the same equipment.

Yeah at the time I wanted to make sure I was using a high enough concentration of nic that I could taste everything. This was all dripping on identical atties, mouth hits, single coils, and a range of wattage that I think I outlined.

Wow1420

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2013
Somewhere out there
There was another expressing interest a few pages back I think
Nicotine Comparisons

I'd be willing to try, but I may the opposite of a super taster, I don't find that much difference in the brands of nic I've been using. My current ADV vape is 6mg 70%pg with about 3% menthol. I also vape unflavored occasionally. I have about 15ml of wizard ice left, it's been at room temperature for a year though.
I've mostly been using VT "throat hit" lately, tried their premium last year and thought it was too bland.

[EDIT] Actually, my "stealth vape" is 24mg 80%PG unflavored on a cartomizer/ego setup. I could use that setup for taste testing. Just can't vape too much at one time, about 8 puffs and I'm done for an hour.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cool_Breeze

Cyrus Vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2011
Bay Area, California
I didn't think I was a good taster until I spent some time doing this. When you drop the flavors and take a few nics in comparison and stick to it for a while, you're sensitivity goes from 1 to 10 quite rapidly, seriously, no BS! It just takes time and repetition. Pleasant side effect for me was I no longer cared for flavors except as a once in a while thing.

Wow1420

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2013
Somewhere out there
I didn't think I was a good taster until I spent some time doing this. When you drop the flavors and take a few nics in comparison and stick to it for a while, you're sensitivity goes from 1 to 10 quite rapidly, seriously, no BS! It just takes time and repetition. Pleasant side effect for me was I no longer cared for flavors except as a once in a while thing.

I can believe that. When I started making my current mix, I was using 10% menthol. Over time, I've discovered I like it at lower and lower concentrations (very same bottle of flavoring). Now I think 10% is gross and the last batch at 3% is great.

I'm also using up the last bits of my vendor liquids, using them as if they were concentrated flavorings, a few drops in a tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread