REO CLONED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yozhik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2015
Chicago, IL
So let's say someone is going to run this clone with a non-subohm coil in a Chalice III clone with a kick device. Maybe the battery won't last all day, but isn't that more than sufficient for people to try what a squonker has to offer without spending more than $70? If not, why does it require spending $300+ on authentic components just to do the same?

Cowboy192

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2014
Cardiff, uk
cargocollective.com
So let's say someone is going to run this clone with a non-subohm coil in a Chalice III clone with a kick device. Maybe the battery won't last all day, but isn't that more than sufficient for people to try what a squonker has to offer without spending more than $70? If not, why does it require spending $300+ on authentic components just to do the same?
It may do the job very well, but there is a reason I drive a vw rather than a Citroen, they both do the same thing, just one does it better and is a nicer bit of kit lol, but I am a brand ....., I'm sure there will be people who will be happy with the clone.

Yozhik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2015
Chicago, IL
It may do the job very well, but there is a reason I drive a vw rather than a Citroen, they both do the same thing, just one does it better and is a nicer bit of kit lol, but I am a brand ....., I'm sure there will be people who will be happy with the clone.

Considering that an '89 VW Jetta is the worst car I've ever owned, that isn't the most persuasive argument to make from my point of view. ;)

Nonetheless, I understand the point that authentics offer more capability. The question though in my mind is that if it sufficient enough to deliver a positive, though limited, experience in squonking, what's deficient about it outside of brand loyalty?

Reactions: Bad Ninja

bullhcr

ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2014
Oslo, Norway

The Smokless Owl was $22 and includes an atty. It works very well and it is not a clone. The atty is kind of ugly so I have ordered the Aromamizer BF to go with it. Total is still below $70.

Cowboy192

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2014
Cardiff, uk
cargocollective.com
Considering that an '89 VW Jetta is the worst car I've ever owned, that isn't the most persuasive argument to make from my point of view. ;)

Nonetheless, I understand the point that authentics offer more capability. The question though in my mind is that if it sufficient enough to deliver a positive, though limited, experience in squonking, what's deficient about it outside of brand loyalty?
Ahh, jettas were rather crap lol, I'll stick to my tuned up polo tdi,

And for the clone, if it does turn out to be a good bit of kit and it works well and delivers a satisfying experience then there is nothing wrong with people sticking to it, for me though I'd probably still go for an authentic for the fact that it will be better quality, better service and support and it's nice to treat myself to something every now and then

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California

There would be many people that would recommend Mental evaluation for spending $300 on something you can get for $70.

My comment to the REOites..... May well be the best squonker, made. BUT, that does not make it the best squonker for the money or for everyone.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
I for one, can't wait for this thing to get into the hands of the people that have ordered it so all the BS talk can be over and done with and we can all move on from it the same as the Kai, Smokeless Owl, and Geyscano...

I will just throw this out there for all the doubters......

Rob has just released an economy version of the LP Grand for $130 economy LP Reo Grand Tumbled Rob clearly is trying everyday to find a way for new squonkers to get a device, that I might add, just works and works very well...

I would also point out that REO's have one of the highest resale values for those that try it and decide for whatever reason they don't deem it vapeable in their collection... I paid $160 for one of mine and sold it in the classies for $140 a little while back. I would say that was a pretty good return on my investment, (not to mention the person I sold it to), now has 4 REO's in their collection. This person had never tried squonking until they received the REO I sold them and found it to be the device they had to have more of....

denali_41

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Over Der
I for one, can't wait for this thing to get into the hands of the people that have ordered it so all the BS talk can be over and done with and we can all move on

i just hope there is enough difference between it and the real deal ? i'd hate to buy one of these expecting a real deal and getting a clone :(

Reactions: muzichead

DaveSignal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Maryland
In my experience purchasing mods, there are very few people trying to make money being dishonest selling used clones advertised as authentic. Especially if purchasing using a good credit card or a place like eBay where the sale will be immediately charged back and the sellers account suspended if the buyer reports fraud. People who are selling clones will advertise them as clones.

A clone won't get the purchaser into the elite REOite community. It won't get the same highly praised support (although the vendor might offer support). It probably won't have the same aesthetic detail with the veined paints and plethora of customizable colors and SP lid cutouts. It might not have the same conductivity (but there is a chance that it could be better than the real thing).

That being said, some people are going to want the clone and will look for a device advertised as such and selling at a price they think is affordable.

And many others are still looking for the real thing. Just because a clone exists doesn't mean that there are more people trying to rip other people off. All this talk about the REO clone spilling over into other forums here on ECF has got me going back to the REO website repeatedly (out of curiosity) and looking at all the different LP Grand designs. I am going to get an authentic when I move back to the US at the beginning of August. Seriously, I already have a lot of mods and probably wouldn't be making this purchase if not for all of this talk about the REO that the clone has generated.

NathanielFT

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Thats not even remotely close to being true ,c,mon lol. If anything i think many who buy clones are smarter than some people who spend big bucks for an authentic .

Of course there are the dumb ones on both sides , the key is to know which authentic is really worth the price difference where the clone can not equal the authentic's performance , far and few between imo and with this one the only thing worth paying more for is the actual things that make it work , it certainly would not be the body of the device .

No aluminum box should cost over $100.00 .

As long as the buyer is happy, the rest is just subjective

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
As long as the buyer is happy, the rest is just subjective

Fair enough, that is all that matters but people have very strong opinions regarding clones and authentic's and it can come to blows (very scary actually) i'm very reserved and docile but can kick ... if necessary but not over this topic.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Fair enough, that is all that matters but people have very strong opinions regarding clones and authentic's and it can come to blows (very scary actually) i'm very reserved and docile but can kick ... if necessary but not over this topic.

Try only hanging around adults.
Grown ups tend not to care what others spend their money on, much less try to get physical.
;)

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
Try only hanging around adults.
Grown ups tend not to care what others spend their money on, much less try to get physical.
;)

Very true but there are youngsters coming out of the woodwork these days , their everywhere not unlike termites i might add . The biggest problem is every one of them thinks they are right , you know how annoying that is , almost unbearable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread