Status
Not open for further replies.

rave

* Resident Wood Nymph *
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2009
Raven's Haven, Indiana
I'm gonna have to wish you an early Happy Birthday as well, Sandy because I won't be here this weekend.

Happy Birthday
Sandy!

Horse cake.jpg

Sorry I couldn't do something more special. Still packing to go out of town ...

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
Good morning, Voltpeeps.

Happy impending Fourth of July.

We are going to the Great Silver Springs Rib Cookoff. Hubby has won several times. The prize is you get your name wood burn engraved onto the side of the cheese grater and you get to keep the "trophy" for a year until the next Great Silver Springs Cookoff. Makes me laugh every time I see the "trophy". Its a few neighbors who get together for a BBQ and several of us BBQ ribs using our favorite recipes. Whoever didn't cook can vote.

I have to go to the store and clean a house today. It is unfortunate that it will be about 100 degrees out. Yuck!

Wuzznt Me

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Twilight Zone
Hope you have a great birthday Sandy.

Good morning (barely) Voltians. Hope everybody has a bodacious holiday weekend. I'm going to a club cookout in Daytona tomorrow then hiding out at home for the rest. I can see fireworks from a town across a big lake if I want so no need to fight crowds. I used to launch a boat from our side and watch from the water but haven't felt like messing with it in years.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
We used to go out in a boat in Barnegat Bay and watch fireworks on both sides, coast and mainland. You could almost walk across the Bay because of all the boats. It kind of took the fun out of it and that was 30years ago. Can't imagine what it's like now.

Wuzznt Me

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Twilight Zone
We used to go out in a boat in Barnegat Bay and watch fireworks on both sides, coast and mainland. You could almost walk across the Bay because of all the boats. It kind of took the fun out of it and that was 30years ago. Can't imagine what it's like now.
Probably could walk across now. Silver Glen Springs gets like that here in the summer. Beautiful crystal spring run. Everybody anchors in the shallows, sticks a pole down and puts a grill on it. Whopee....not.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Uncle, I hope you are enjoying your trip out of town.

Actually, I did, especially since the weather cooperated (see below) . . . AND - To be very honest, it was both a little sad and quite enjoyable trip, especially since it was "My" usual 5-6 Week Trip North Farewell Tour (I will no longer be going up North on a regular basis anymore) and I was also able to go to the GAY PRIDE Parade in NYC . . . :thumbs:

AND - Speaking of the GAY PRIDE Parade - At first, I wasn't going to go, then on that Friday there was the Supreme Court which really had NYC jumping (For sure I wasn't going to go into that crowd either on Friday/Saturday night) . . . Then I spoke with a couple of Friends who also wanted to meet up with "Me" as "We" usually did on GAY PRIDE Weekend to watch/participate in the Parade again . . . The thing that put it over the top was - although I usually do not tell people in the "RW" often about this - there were 2 of "Us" that were actually there at Stonewall Riots in '69 and for the first GAY PRIDE Parade '70 - So how could I not go with this milestone being achieved 46+ Years later (AND - Before anyone ask, Yes - I was young hippie and political activist back then, also just one of the many GAY "Street Youth" of the day, besides the fact that in addition I happened to belong to one of the first Gay Activist Alliance back then too) . . . NOW - I will say that this was one of the best run and attended NYC GAY PRIDE Parades I have ever been too - Very Family Oriented and Friendly, with a huge number of Major Corporate Sponsors (Yes - Most of them were only there because they know where the supposedly disposable money is coming from), and the highlight for "Me" was when the NYC Fire Department and Police Department Gay members/association marched by the major bandstand . . . The NYC Police Marching Band was there too marching between the 2 groups and as they approached they were playing the wedding march while "strutting" down the street as though they were going down the aisle to get married . . . Of course - Everyone was applauding . . . It was - GREAT ! ! !
389-20.gif

Oh maaan! I missed you folks!!

Well - I for one have missed "YOU" too - "My" Dear Darling Sweet Lady . . . :wub:

Glad to see Ya' post and THANK YOU for the update and posting those Wedding pictures too . . . Really "Like" them and could see how much FUN everyone was having . . .
big-party-smiley-emoticon.gif

No wait a sec. They did get "hitched" :laugh:

NOW - As for being "Hitched" - That really would have been something to see, especially who would have lassoed whom . . .
smileys_cowboy_231622.gif

So now ... the wedding stuff is all over and done. Except for the reception being held in Illinois this coming weekend. Then, I can breathe again.

WELL - I really hope Y'a are breathing right now too . . . Would hate Ya' turning blue on "Us" . . .
holding%20breath.gif

knew SOMEONE at that wedding would be wearing work boots!

HEY - If Ya' were only at some of the Weddings I've been too . . . Bridesmaids wearing any type of boots would be the least concern of the attire worn . . . Well - Except for a number of the "Lesbian" Weddings I've been to - sometimes they are absolutely mandatory footwear . . .
YgoBQNx.gif

Now, start working on making Raven a Grandma !!!
Ah - "Jerry" . . .
forehead-slap-smiley-emoticon.gif
. . .
c05100.gif
Give 'um some time already . . . BTW: Ever think that maybe they might not want to have children . . . Or - even possibly not ready to have them running around under foot just yet . . . Just Sayin' . . .
animated-smileys-babies-032.gif

Uncle, I'm glad you got cooler weather up this way. I can't imagine Florida in summer. Not a place I'd ever want to go that time of year.

SO AM I ! ! ! WOW - What a difference a day & distance makes . . . On Wednesday, I left beautiful Summer weather with daytime temps ranging from 68* to the 90* that included breezes blowing and then the evenings were just as nice (Very little rain thankfully) . . . AND - Now back to the upper 90* with feel likes of 105* up^ and the humidity that can at times take your breath away . . . Just Sayin' . . .
hot-sun-smiley-emoticon.gif

BTW: Thanks for "Your' updates, really appreciate reading that things are starting to get back to normal for Ya' . . . AND - Can't wait to see "Your" new Protrait too . . .
SmileyCoolThumbsUp.gif

Beautiful sunrise this morning.

Absolutely GORGEOUS Picture . . . :thumbs:

I was showing Hubby my beautiful planters and I saw this egg in there:)

Hope it is not a reptile egg . . .
02_emoticon_easter_egg2.gif

watch fireworks

That's the one thing I am really going to miss seeing in New Hope, especially since July 4th is the first of the weekly shows that are put on every Friday night over the New Hope/Lambertville bridge . . . Actually, could sit right outside of the Mill and see everything from there too . . .
fireworks-smiley-emoticon.gif

Okay - I think that's enough of an update from "Me" . . . Back to
Lurking.gif
for awhile . . . ;)

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
Well, we got that tree down but it didn't go as planned. I over did the notch cut and it went over backwards, over the fence. No real damage, just a little bent fence wire that I straightened out in five minutes. Not even a broken fence post to replace. Oh, one staple on the top wire did get pulled out. In a way, it worked out OK in the end. My neighbor was getting the wood anyway and that saved me moving it from my yard to his, LOL. Mrs. Awsum and I went over and cut it up, stacked the wood, stacked the branches and raked the whole area. Looks like nothing happened and when he gets his chipper out I'll go over and help him with that, too.

I am pooped, though. The trunk was laying on top of the fence so the first thing I did was reach over the fence and cut the trunk about a foot away from the fence. Then I picked up the trunk that was laying on the fence and moved it off the fence without damaging anything, other than taking some skin of the knob of my wrist bone. That thing was kind of heavy, say ten feet of fourteen inch tree trunk. Then, there was dragging the remaining trunk on my neighbor's side out into his yard to be cut up.

It'll be a quiet evening and early bedtime for us both!

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
The tree job sounds a little scary

Can't wait to see your fourth of July post, Uncle.

It's trying to build into a thunderstorm here. It has cooled down to 92 degrees. I'm sitting under my shade cover watching puffy white clouds form. There is a thunderstorm to the northwest.

SandySu

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2011
Trumansburg, NY
It's been a full day. In the morning, I tutored. I forget just how it came up, but I told the older boy about solar power and how you can set a fire with a magnifying glass. Oh, yes -- now I remember! One of his vocab words was "ignite." Well, then he wanted to know about solar energy, so tonight, I made up something for him to read, though Monday, I'll read to the older boy and the girl.

Then I met my friend Karen for lunch at a Japanese restaurant. It's been a while since I ate Japanese food, and I especially relished the thin slivers of fresh ginger. I don't know why -- maybe some deficiency that gets satisfied -- but I've always had a real appetite for fresh ginger. I love the flavor in food. I also used chopsticks, and it's been a while since I used them, so I practiced manipulating them, but my skill returned quickly.

Before tutoring, I went to Ithaca Agway to pick up some horsey gifts for Harriet. I got her Cowboy Magic conditioner and an Oster mane & tail comb/brush. That combo is what I like for grooming tails with the least hair loss. I'm probably more into grooming than the average horse person, and I wonder if Harriet even bothers. Well, what can I do? Maybe with the gifts, it'll inspire her to fuss over her horses. She said she doesn't ride anymore, so what's left but all the work? Though some people think grooming is just another form of work. To me, it's a heart-healing joy. I've heard people say this about cleaning stalls, and I don't get it, so I expect some horse owners can't see the joy in grooming, either.

Karen & I sat a while after eating to chat. She will buy that mounting block that's been hanging over my head! I think she'll come up next Thurs. to get it, and then I'll treat her to lunch, since I forgot all about her birthday this year. I owe her one, since she didn't forget mine.

Then home to wrap Harriet's gifts. I just wrapped them in tissue paper and stuck them in a gift bag I had. No big deal, and I had some time left before meeting everyone for dinner.

I started getting the kids' lessons together for Monday, though of course, I didn't have time to finish before I left to meet Harriet, Deb, and Deb's mom and sister at a local restaurant. I got to talk to Deb about which horse might be the one to lease, and it looks like Dixie is the safest, though Deb was pushing Maija, who needs longing before you can ride, and it sounds like she gets sort of crazy on the longe. I don't know if I want to deal with that, even if she would be a better prospect for dressage. Baby is apparently too spirited. So it seems like I'll have another chestnut mare, who, in fact, was a former pasture mate of Penny's when I boarded her at Deb's. Dixie's one fault is that she takes exception to other horses near her, and even will kick if one gets too close. I wonder if that'll be a problem or if I can stop her from it somehow. So tomorrow morning, I'll go to the barn to try Dixie and maybe see what Maija is like on the longe line. I think Dixie will be the one, though. It's been months since I rode, and apparently Dixie is fat and out of shape, too, so we can get back into it together, taking it slow.

So after I ride tomorrow, you'll hear all about it -- unless I wind up in the hospital or something! I'm nervous. I've lost my confidence, and I have to rebuild it, but right now, it's not high. I trusted Penny, since we were such a pair, but a new horse is alien territory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread