Strike at 20/80 and now Hit it or Quit it

Status
Not open for further replies.

TX Foilhead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I'm still undecided about it, but I did remeber reading in a Sure Bert thread about giving high VG liquids a shake because the flavors seperate. It does seem to make it more consistent if I give it a shake before I squonk. I'm limping along on my last bit of RxW that's a few weeks old and I don't think it's working quite right so I'll give this stuff another try when I get some new wick next week.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
I just picked Strike up again, as I do now and then when undecided - the cooked fruit flavour seems to be developing into a very lightly flavoured golden toffee caramel ...is that weird? - personally, I like it better than the cooked stone fruit flavour I was getting.
I'll carry on picking it up now and then.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
www.nicoticket.com
I like the taste but I also don't get along with max vg after vaping this all day a week ago literally woke up choking and puked and that's never happened ro me since I started vaping since it's my first max vg I'm assuming that's wht but I love the taste of it light tobacco with something like apricot on the exhale

Ugh - this is not good. This is why I continue to do more balanced blends... the "downside" with "swamplung" (VG) sucks MORE THAN "dry mouth and sometimes sore throat" I get from high PG. Somewhere in the middle seems to be best - agree? I am really becoming a bit 50/50 fan lately.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
Kent has talked about making it a higher pg liquid and of upping the flavor %. What he has up his sleeve, I am not sure. I do know that we all kicked ideas around about future offerings. I am in my own little R&D space working on a way to make NETs cleaner and playing around with my own flavors for myself. Sorry it missed for you brother.

It's a good first effort I think - we have lots of work to do in the lab on new liquids. We have a couple coming out soon - Butterbeer tomorrow - and - Mercury in few weeks.

Nanny22

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2014
Michigan
It's a good first effort I think - we have lots of work to do in the lab on new liquids. We have a couple coming out soon - Butterbeer tomorrow - and - Mercury in few weeks.
YAY! Very excited to try the Butter Beer - it sounds so unique with the Butterscotch, Sassafrass and banana.
Can you tell us a little about the flavors in Mercury??

Henry Etta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
Getting very light tobacco (nope, not the pipe that I tasted one day weeks ago, which tasted a little like toasted rice) and either pineapple or apricot. I don't think it's quite ADV for me (who knows with more steep) but what I really appreciate is how light it is. NT flavors are all pretty in-your-face, which I love, but it's nice to have something more subtle too.

VAscooter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2014
Springfield, MO
After steeping for 24 hours open and letting sit and shaking every day since I got the bottles, I tried some in my Reo with Cyclone at .3 this morning. To be honest, I'm not really tasting anything. Tons of vapor but really no flavor for me. I guess I'll put it away for a while and give it another go later.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
YAY! Very excited to try the Butter Beer - it sounds so unique with the Butterscotch, Sassafrass and banana.
Can you tell us a little about the flavors in Mercury??

Mercury is red hot. It's the closest planet to the sun.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
After steeping for 24 hours open and letting sit and shaking every day since I got the bottles, I tried some in my Reo with Cyclone at .3 this morning. To be honest, I'm not really tasting anything. Tons of vapor but really no flavor for me. I guess I'll put it away for a while and give it another go later.

Needs some heat, lower the resistance of the coil or tighten the airflow!

VAscooter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2014
Springfield, MO
Needs some heat, lower the resistance of the coil or tighten the airflow!
I like a loose draw, don't build my unregulated mods below .3 and don't use DNA mods so I guess I'm SOL :). I'm going to mix with ACB.

wbbrn1952

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Pensacola, FL, USA
Been vaping the Strike for about a week now and I must say this is one smooth vape. I was leery of trying just a tobacco as I have not vaped anything like that since I started vaping 3 yrs ago. But I loaded a Kanger Sub ohm Nano with a tank full 0.5ohm on my IStick 50W and I have a tank now just dedicated to Strike. Was surprised when I vaped it in front of the wife - she complains about the overpowering aroma of some of my juices. She is also a vaper but only vapes menthol which I make for her. Cannot get her to try anything else. But she has never complained about the Strike - so I keep that tank near by so I can hit it often. Great recipe Clark - want to see it stay on the menu - ordered more yesterday.

ChiBear85

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2015
Chicago
Yeah my first experience with it and it was absolutely horrible I'll never touch a max vg again that's for sure but I've been mixing it with virus and radioactive at about 20% strike I hate wasting lol
Ugh - this is not good. This is why I continue to do more balanced blends... the "downside" with "swamplung" (VG) sucks MORE THAN "dry mouth and sometimes sore throat" I get from high PG. Somewhere in the middle seems to be best - agree? I am really becoming a bit 50/50 fan lately.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
I hope everyone understands and appreciates that it's a balancing act and that we are constantly trying to appease the many with the few. I think some of the previous comments are spot on - #STRIKE is a great BASE. You can mix it with pretty much anything. It might even rival Frenilla and Peeps as a "fixer" - except it fixes differently. I dig it - I vaped it almost exclusively until the #BUTTERBEER piece emerged.

Henry Etta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
I might have to take my previous comment back about it mot being an ADV for me. You know, I really can't tell until I actually fill up a bottle and spend some time with it. Found myself needing to fill up the bottle again this morning...
I think I'll be buying more just as soon as I can get it in 6mg.

beachroadbum

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2013
I have kept strike blends in nice clear unicorn bottles and let the bottles lay on cofee table full sun through window during the day not really minding the usual protocol with ejuice. Cool in house but i think some fast steeping is happening either with strike itself or the sun exposure. It's an amazing net!

TX Foilhead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I decided to give it another try today and it's much better. Don't know where it will end up on the list. It's nice a lite it may replace BG or Gravity, I have not found a build that makes either taste right since I switched to REO's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread