Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
How much to mod one vector rda?

Thanks, Jim
He orders a bunch at once and sells them first come first serve. They're 70 each bottomed and shipping is 6. I think he has some in stock but if not he will have more soon. Drop by the thread :) cool people hang in there

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
He orders a bunch at once and sells them first come first serve. They're 70 each bottomed and shipping is 6. I think he has some in stock but if not he will have more soon. Drop by the thread :) cool people hang in there
Thanks!!!

AstroTurf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
VapeRev has them for $70.00.

I have tried all the builds in this thread and not been able to get it to provide a good vape with my Vector. All I get is a very light vape with little to no flavor. No lung fill like I get with my Derringer or Stumpy.
Rick,
Try this build... I like it!

e451486a9fa157d27eb500a595d4c9a6.jpg

dcb06b66340214e03f3b467ad1a9638a.jpg

Reactions: sahsah

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
Thanks!!!
It's the simplest atty to bottom feed. All you need is a Dremel and a cutting disk. Unscrew the positive post by removing the pin. Slot the post to your liking than slot the center pin and grind it down to to your liking as well. The more material you remove the easier it will squonk and drain. Here are some pics.
uploadfromtaptalk1436023575139.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1436023601119.jpg

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I know most wont be interested in this but i have to share with the group. I found a drip tip that fits the vector....only problem is you'll lose your air flow options. The whole top cap. But you'll get a delrin tip, and good quality too, i own most of his products. Its the JMK ciro tip, they were originally made for VPRS and there products but they fit other things. If you dont mind losing your air flow options, the whole top, and having it wide open then its a cheap fast fix for those who cant stand the metal tips, and tops, like me. I also saw pics of it and it doesn't look bad at all, id share those pics but i dont know the guy so i dont wanna post his stuff on here without asking. I will show a pic of the tip itself though. Check out jmktips.bigcartel.com if your interested, i think i might try it myself.
fb58c86a6c2740ee197665a2034615b1.jpg

Just quoting this so it gets bumped. This is a fantastic idea fr those that don't like metal tips and also keep their airflow wide open. Good find, @HeiSINberg . My contact hasn't gotten back with me since the first mock-up and I feel that it's likely not going to happen. I think this is currently our best option for that atty and using another driptip.

sahsah

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2013
los angeles, california, USA
@sahsah

Sorry I missed you last night but I was in some pain with this sciatic nerve issue. That and you being in Cali makes the time difference at night more pronounced. I will respond to some of your questions a little later (unless someone else does. You can tag the users if you like).

You look stoked!
thanks bro I really appreciate you helping me out with your advice and experiences. Ya, I'm still stoked about the vector, it immediately rose to the top of my embarrassingly extensive rba collection and hasn't budged from that spot. I'm been having a torrid Vape-affair with her lol my only issue I keep experiencing regardless of how many different builds I try is the dreaded spit back and plenty of it. I popped out the screen btw if that helps. Any advice or methods to building her you can offer to negate this one downside to an otherwise flawless Atty? I'd seriously appreciate any insight into the matter.
Thanks again, David = ]

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
thanks bro I really appreciate you helping me out with your advice and experiences. Ya, I'm still stoked about the vector, it immediately rose to the top of my embarrassingly extensive rba collection and hasn't budged from that spot. I'm been having a torrid Vape-affair with her lol my only issue I keep experiencing regardless of how many different builds I try is the dreaded spit back and plenty of it. I popped out the screen btw if that helps. Any advice or methods to building her you can offer to negate this one downside to an otherwise flawless Atty? I'd seriously appreciate any insight into the matter.
Thanks again, David = ]

I'd need to see your build from the top down and from the side. Yeah, about the screen: it really needed to be a 2-stage screen for it to work optimally. It will restrict airflow more, but for it to do its function it would need one screen to catch the initial spit-back (that then pools) and one screen to stop that pooling from making it to your mouth. I cut a second screen (a pipe screen I had) and placed it a few mm inside above the first screen. It really worked, but it was just a bit too jury-rigged for me.

sahsah

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2013
For me (and this is strictly why I do it that way, not sure about others): I find I get better wicking with the cotton not having to be so high from the liquid when taking multiple pulls in succession. I will try it again with the coils up higher, but I did once and I didn't find much of a difference besides the wicking. But I am not Todd and have only a tiny percentage of the experience he has.
I've noticed that in general, because of the metal drip top and small stature of the vector that it's not really conducive to chain vaping because the drip tip really starts to heat up even on only the second successive drag but I see what you're saying...

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr.Mann

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Just quoting this so it gets bumped. This is a fantastic idea fr those that don't like metal tips and also keep their airflow wide open. Good find, @HeiSINberg . My contact hasn't gotten back with me since the first mock-up and I feel that it's likely not going to happen. I think this is currently our best option for that atty and using another driptip.

801 drip tip.
IMG_4045.JPG

cheers
I

sahsah

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2013
Meh this seems like a really crude way to attack the problem. I'm envisioning an entirely new cap that functions basically the same, with the one difference being in the spot where the current mouthpiece is there will instead be a Delrin insert to fit any drop top plus if you wanna use the standar top it comes with you always still have that option. Also, I think this "solution" also looks ridiculous and would dilute and cool down your Vape noticeably because of the extra distance your vapor would have to travel to get to your mouth hole. Thanks anyway, maybe others will be stoked about it...

sahsah

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2013
I know most wont be interested in this but i have to share with the group. I found a drip tip that fits the vector....only problem is you'll lose your air flow options. The whole top cap. But you'll get a delrin tip, and good quality too, i own most of his products. Its the JMK ciro tip, they were originally made for VPRS and there products but they fit other things. If you dont mind losing your air flow options, the whole top, and having it wide open then its a cheap fast fix for those who cant stand the metal tips, and tops, like me. I also saw pics of it and it doesn't look bad at all, id share those pics but i dont know the guy so i dont wanna post his stuff on here without asking. I will show a pic of the tip itself though. Check out jmktips.bigcartel.com if your interested, i think i might try it myself.
fb58c86a6c2740ee197665a2034615b1.jpg
Lmao Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't this defeat the entire purpose of the vector? Wouldn't you lose the top airflow, the virtually leak-proof design, and be forced to turn this masterpiece of an atomizer into any old standard side airflow rda; (which is already ubiquitous enough to be comparable to grains of sand on the beach or stars in the night sky)? All just to avoid using a metal drip tip? I mean, I would prefer to use my tip of choice (dot mod friction fit, it's just heavenly) as much as the next vaper, but this seems a bit excessive.

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
Maybe to you yes. But to most they hate metal tips, and you'd be surprised how many people don't even use the air flow control anyway. That's why as stated in my post, I said it wasn't for everyone as you would lose the air flow. You wouldn't be "forced" to do anything if buying it or not buying it, I mean it's pretty obvious what it does. I don't see how you would lose the leak proof part by not using the stock drip top either, its still top air flow and hard to leak as is, adding this tip wouldn't affect that either way. And this is far from a masterpiece, if that were the case all of us looking for a delrin tip would already have one, that would be a masterpiece. That and I don't see how adding this tip would turn this into any old side air flow rda either, it's not like the top air flow magically maneuvers from the top to the side as soon as you ditch the top cap lol but hey like I said its not a solution for EVERYONE just some, and that's fine with me.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

sahsah

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2013
Agreed. I am about ready to boycott all three-post designs (after my Aeolus mini comes in). LOL. But even still, THIS atty at the price is and should be considered the best quality atty for under $50 (IMO). Hell, it's better quality than a lot of atties that are >$100!
Aeolus mini, huh? Do you men the Aeolus v2?

Reactions: HeiSINberg

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Meh this seems like a really crude way to attack the problem. I'm envisioning an entirely new cap that functions basically the same, with the one difference being in the spot where the current mouthpiece is there will instead be a Delrin insert to fit any drop top plus if you wanna use the standar top it comes with you always still have that option. Also, I think this "solution" also looks ridiculous and would dilute and cool down your Vape noticeably because of the extra distance your vapor would have to travel to get to your mouth hole. Thanks anyway, maybe others will be stoked about it...

All for it mate!

Post the link already!

I just needed a $2.00 OTS solution for hot metal on lips. Fashion was never my concern and an extra cm of length is hardly noticeable.
Vape on

Cheers
I

Reactions: sahsah
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread