GP Series by VapourArt - Official Thread for GP Spheroid, GP PAPS, X, GP Piccolo, GP SnP and more - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
On an unregulated mod, I have come to prefer a warm dense vape that I get from using lower gauge wire at around .2 ohm. This is pushing the limits of some batteries, but I have a large quantity of mechs (30+) that are topped with RDAs built like this. I do know what I am doing and am using good batteries. The only thing different about the Paps from any other mech (when considering amperage limits) is that the top cap has springs in it. But something like a Fat Daddy Vapes 510 connector also has springs in it, and this works fine, so the paps should work fine too, as long as the spring is decent quality.

We have designed our springs to be very stiff, choosing a rhomboid shape for better stability in GPin's limited place, made from heat hardened 302 SS. Possibly, they may withstand your test.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
^^^ I seriously like the GPins. It's my safety net if I did something wrong by oversight or a slip. The 'spring' inside is designed for that. It works like a 'fuse' when there's a short ~ or it 'thinks' there's one (aka super low Ohms). And I love that protection.

Like Perseas stated, I've used my GPined Papses (hmm, how do you say it in plurals?) infrequently under 0.3 Ohms setups. No issues. I've also tested them with 0.2+ Ohms ~ and while they fired well most of the times ~ they yet collapsed off-n-on.

The Silver Plated ones' withstand better. I don't know why - b'coz the spring is the same. Prolly, those 15 microns worth plating 'add' some extra structure to the springs. In any case 'silver plated' is the way to go imho. Saves us from those 'polishing rituals' ~ just a soft wipe does the job usually ~ and/or an alcohol dipped Q-tip otherwise.

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
In any case 'silver plated' is the way to go imho. Saves us from those 'polishing rituals' ~ just a soft wipe does the job usually ~ and/or an alcohol dipped Q-tip otherwise.

Polishing the parts of a brass GPin is a major PITA. They are all very small pieces and it can be tough to get a hold of them and apply pressure. It's hard to polish inside the grooves of the threaded piece and the part that makes contact with the atomizer has a thin ridge that is very hard to get to and it can be sharp. I haven't found a good way to polish the inside of the parts yet. Soaking the parts of a brass GPin in a ketchup and vinegar mixture is a good way to remove the majority of the patina, but trying to make all of the parts shine by using a polishing cloth or a sunshine cloth (what I use) can be trying on your hands.

Over time, the plating on the sides that make contact with the atomizer and the battery may rub off, but I still think that it's worth it to get the silver plated GPin so you don't have to worry about all of the other pieces and sides.

DaveSignal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Maryland
Although many are calling .2 super low, and it is low, I don't consider this a crazy cloud-chasing build. Especially for someone using RDAs with big lung-hitting airflow. They are designed for this. But, even without considering RDAs, there are sub-ohm tanks now selling with factory-made 0.2 ohm kanthal coil heads. The spring should not collapse at this point.

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
The vaping industry is moving very fast. There are so many variations of builds, devices and ways of vaping nowadays; This is great! Personally I prefer to keep my builds not very low, because I am a fan of GVC and I want to taste the full bouquet, every distinct note of this flavourful "elixir".

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Although many are calling .2 super low, and it is low, I don't consider this a crazy cloud-chasing build. Especially for someone using RDAs with big lung-hitting airflow. They are designed for this. But, even without considering RDAs, there are sub-ohm tanks now selling with factory-made 0.2 ohm kanthal coil heads. The spring should not collapse at this point.
And I dread that. Knowing what you're doing and mastering a sub-Ohmed RDA is one thing ~ doling out super subs to novices is another. Yes, these sub-tanks have taken away the "study, research, knowledge and maturing onto" aspects of responsible vaping. Thus, there'd be that Joe on the street who'd've no clue of battery safety and coil building ~ and hit one of those up with a "Trust-to-Fire" :( And get onto the News!
The vaping industry is moving very fast. There are so many variations of builds, devices and ways of vaping nowadays; This is great! Personally I prefer to keep my builds not very low, because I am a fan of GVC and I want to taste the full bouquet, every distinct note of this flavourful "elixir".
Me neither. My regular builds, with any atty, is over 1 Ohm. The reason why I prefer single-coil attys. For the sport of it I do use many of my dual-coiled & tri-coil designed toppers with a sub-build ~ but tend to keep them around 0.4-0.5 Ohms. However, they are not into regular use. 1.1-1.3 Ohms is my standard go-to. And they bear well with my e-liquids.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Polishing the parts of a brass GPin is a major PITA. They are all very small pieces and it can be tough to get a hold of them and apply pressure. It's hard to polish inside the grooves of the threaded piece and the part that makes contact with the atomizer has a thin ridge that is very hard to get to and it can be sharp. I haven't found a good way to polish the inside of the parts yet. Soaking the parts of a brass GPin in a ketchup and vinegar mixture is a good way to remove the majority of the patina, but trying to make all of the parts shine by using a polishing cloth or a sunshine cloth (what I use) can be trying on your hands.

Over time, the plating on the sides that make contact with the atomizer and the battery may rub off, but I still think that it's worth it to get the silver plated GPin so you don't have to worry about all of the other pieces and sides.
True dat!

Augmented Dog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2014
Philadelphia, PA USA
And I dread that. Knowing what you're doing and mastering a sub-Ohmed RDA is one thing ~ doling out super subs to novices is another. Yes, these sub-tanks have taken away the "study, research, knowledge and maturing onto" aspects of responsible vaping. Thus, there'd be that Joe on the street who'd've no clue of battery safety and coil building ~ and hit one of those up with a "Trust-to-Fire" :( And get onto the News!
Thank You!
I couldn't possibly agree more!

Zbeast08

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Wilson, NC, USA
WOW!! I just returned home from a 9 day vacation to the NC mountains and getting caught up!! No internet or wifi at the mountain house which was kind of nice actually! It appears that i missed a VD, oh well, maybe next time as I do want a v4!! Congrats to all the new owners and Perseas!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DaveSignal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Maryland
I ordered mine saturday night, so probably hasn't shipped yet. I am excited though! This is the first authentic mod I have purchased over $100. The price is definitely still reasonable, though, compared to the crazy prices for similar authentic mechs. Can I still consider it high-end?

Augmented Dog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2014
Philadelphia, PA USA
WOW!! I just returned home from a 9 day vacation to the NC mountains and getting caught up!! No internet or wifi at the mountain house which was kind of nice actually! It appears that i missed a VD, oh well, maybe next time as I do want a v4!! Congrats to all the new owners and Perseas!

Jump on! You can probably still snag one!

Augmented Dog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2014
Philadelphia, PA USA
I ordered mine saturday night, so probably hasn't shipped yet. I am excited though! This is the first authentic mod I have purchased over $100. The price is definitely still reasonable, though, compared to the crazy prices for similar authentic mechs. Can I still consider it high-end?
Price isn't what determines "high-end," hands-on quality craftsmanship is the determining factor. Given that measure, absolutely!
You can easily buy more expensive, but you cannot buy better, IMO.
Prepare to thoroughly enjoy your new best mech!
:)

Last edited:

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Dumb question but ive always wanted to know, perseas; would you ever make a box mod?

Maybe, we're watching the evolution of the boards and once we consider one of them to be proper for us, we'll do it.

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com

I bet you'll post the answer to this question, the moment you open it :D

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com

Thank you my friend! We sold a bit more than our stock, but we'll manage.

Thank you so much all of you for the amazing support, next Vapourday is coming on Saturday, we'll have assembled enough units by then.

hobbes4

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2009
You're right! A small board in that form factor is missing though.

Maybe some type of hybrid than like the ZNA where it's not really a box but not a tube either. Or maybe we just have to wait for smaller chips. I recently bought the Dicodes 2380 as it is really the only good option right now for regulated tube with TC. For reference it's a little shorter than a Provari in all battery configurations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread