Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego

KattMamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2015
DFW Area, Texas
Just because you have a FB acct, you don't have to use it -- I rarely EVER use it, except as a way of logging in on other sites, and a place to post vaping links that need more exposure -- such as this petition! I keep Tweeting, FBing, and G+'ing it daily!

Andria

*sigh* maybe I'll have to get over the hate and create a new fb account for vaping interests.... I cannot adequately express how abhorrent this idea is to me though, because I have such a deep-rooted hatred of fb, so if I do it, it will definitely be "taking one for the team" lol

KattMamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2015
DFW Area, Texas

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Thanks. I seem to be caught between angry and disillusioned.
There is another stage I would add if I was to rewrite that...
MOTIVATED

Sadly, it's a stage many never encounter for some reason.

Some bounce back and forth between angry and disillusioned forever.
And some of us bounce back and forth between angry, disillusioned, and motivated.
:)

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
I'm by nature a hopeful person, I'm not always a positive person, but there's a part of me that believes that everyone has inside them a good and rational being.

We are hitting a lull. Some of that is the holiday weekend, some is saturation. I'm sure nearly every vaper who has seen it has signed it, and I know some non vapers have signed it. We just need to keep spreading it.

In less than two weeks we've more than doubled the last one on changedotorg. We haven't hit the same numbers as the previous wethepeople petition, but it hasn't been a month yet, and we don't have the same time limit.

I appreciate immensely the work of those who have been keeping this going, keeping me going :)

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
*sigh* maybe I'll have to get over the hate and create a new fb account for vaping interests.... I cannot adequately express how abhorrent this idea is to me though, because I have such a deep-rooted hatred of fb, so if I do it, it will definitely be "taking one for the team" lol

I agree about FB; more twits there than on Twitter! :D (though Twitter has its full share too!)

But it's also a good way to keep up with friends and family you don't see often.

Andria

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Im too wordy for Twitter. :lol:

I pretty much am too... but it's good for sharing links! When you share a link on a social media site, there are these "bots" that take note of it; the ones that are hot are "trending" and get more notice on main pages -- if they go beyond hot/trending, they're "viral" -- they've reached an unimaginable amount of people. THAT is why the social media sites are so useful for promoting great vaping links.

Andria

Jode

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2014
Seabrook, NH, USA
MOTIVATED

And some of us bounce back and forth between angry, disillusioned, and motivated.

Oh yay, then can I change to the last three, mostly being in the motivated camp. I really do not like being angry or disillusioned.

Jode

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2014
Seabrook, NH, USA
I pretty much am too... but it's good for sharing links! When you share a link on a social media site, there are these "bots" that take note of it; the ones that are hot are "trending" and get more notice on main pages -- if they go beyond hot/trending, they're "viral" -- they've reached an unimaginable amount of people. THAT is why the social media sites are so useful for promoting great vaping links.

Andria

Maybe I will give it a try then. Thanks

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
MOTIVATED

I cycled through angry and disillusioned for a LONG time, with occasional bouts of motivation. It got to the point where I was forced to make a decision, either stop coming here(ECF is a great source of knowledge, joy, compassion, understanding, and FRUSTRATION), or try to do something more.

caramel

Vaping Master
Dec 23, 2014
Well, the problem is that this is law and regulation, where logic is not necessarily king. They CAN deem it as tobacco, and while it may not hold up in court, someone would have to challenge it for that to be tested. It's good to know that there will still be avenues to pursue, but those avenues will be expensive, and are by no means certain.

The keyword is NEW. They can only "deem" NEW products. Nicotine can't be deemed a NEW tobacco product as it existed long before 2007. And Congress arguably knew about it in 2007 (see all the videos from the BT testimony in Congress in the '90s).

If Congress didn't mention it in FSPTCA and it is not a NEW product (aka later than 2007), the FSPTCA doesn't give them any authority to "deem" it in any way.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
The keyword is NEW. They can only "deem" NEW products. Nicotine can't be deemed a NEW tobacco product as it existed long before 2007. And Congress arguably knew about it in 2007 (see all the videos from the BT testimony in Congress in the '90s).

If Congress didn't mention it in FSPTCA and it is not a NEW product (aka later than 2007), the FSPTCA doesn't give them any authority to "deem" it in any way.
I'm not a lawyer so I won't pretend to know what is and is not a viable argument. I do know that trying to resolve this in the courts after the fact is expensive and not a sure thing.

KattMamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2015
DFW Area, Texas
funny pic for the bump... Just not sure whether it needs a "hang in there" joke or a "strip tease" joke ....

COsZGXv.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread