Status
Not open for further replies.

Nanny22

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2014
Michigan
Happy 4th Of July, Airheads!!! Have a wonderful day!
images

Callipleura

Apr 21, 2015
ON, Canada
Happy 4th to the Americans!

Not the only difference, the TC head is a BVC coil for example
Do we have confirmation that the new 1.2 / 1.5 Ohm heads are BVCs now too?

1. The 1.5Ω kanthal-silica is dual horizontal. (eleaf has removed it from it's website. Maybe it is being phased out...)
2. The 1.2Ω kanthal-cotton is single vertical.
3. The 0.15Ω nickel-cotton is single vertical.

-1.jpg

Callipleura

Apr 21, 2015
ON, Canada
As long as the shell stays the same, horizontal or vertical, makes no difference...
You can build a Kanthal or Nickel coil either way.
I have built vertical coils in my Air coils, not worth the extra effort for the vertical coils.
As long as the new coil tops pop off as easily as the old (they should, but no one knows for sure).
I can't tell in this video if the gauze wrap is still there and how much the juice slots have changed. You can see it is a vertical coil... not that it matters for rebuilders either way.
9:30min mark

IMRs

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Penn's woods
I decided to take advantage of the jwraps coupon today (AMERICA25 for wraps... AMERICA12 for stands).
Since I've always liked and collected American flags, (Cheech will be proud of me) I ordered a Flag wrap for the Fooshia 20.
I'm pretty sick of looking at it, so it'll be looking real pretty, some time this week.
7.88 shipped and they also automatically enter you into a drawing for an authentic Vaporflask. :)
I'll post a pic when I put it on the iStick.

S41-2T.jpg

I ordered another 100' spool of 29 gauge from lightningvapes... 4.50 shipped.

Last edited:

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
As long as the new coil tops pop off as easily as the old (they should, but no one knows for sure).
I can't tell in this video if the gauze wrap is still there and how much the juice slots have changed. You can see it is a vertical coil... not that it matters for rebuilders either way.
9:30min mark

I think with the vertical they just wrapped the coil with cotton and no additional gauze wrap is needed. That should make it easier to build. I did a vertical in a GS Air and just wrapped the coil in rayon with no tampon de gaza and it wicked fine with no leaks but was such a pain I didn't do it again. No improvement was noticeable in the vape.

Last edited:

OcalaFlGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2015
Ocala, Fl
Bruce, I dry burn the coil(if I built it) then wick it, and rewrap it with all new wrapping material.
Which then begets the question, if the resistance doesn't start jumping all around, how many times do you dry burn/rewick before you wind a new one?

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
NC
Which then begets the question, if the resistance doesn't start jumping all around, how many times do you dry burn/rewick before you wind a new one?

Bruce in Ocala, Fl
Not to be a smart azz or anything but I don't rebuild until the ohm's start jumping all over the place. I build my coils in the 1.1-1.3 range. Sometimes I'll go with a 1.5. When my coil gets gunky the ohm's go up. If I dry burn it and the ohm's go back to the original resistance then I rewick, rewrap. After dry burning, if the ohm's don't return to normal, it gets rebuilt. I'm a firm believer in "if it ain't broke, I don't fix it"

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona
Do you rewick/re-wrap a rebuild wound coil or do you wind a new coil every rebuild?
Bruce in Ocala, Fl

I strip off the cap and liner and old wick, run them through the ultra sonic cleaner and rewick...
I'm a lazy coiler! Used to dry burn coils until I got the UC.

I decided to take advantage of the jwraps coupon today (AMERICA25 for wraps... AMERICA12 for stands).
Since I've always liked and collected American flags, (Cheech will be proud of me) I ordered a Flag wrap for the Fooshia 20.
I'm pretty sick of looking at it, so it'll be looking real pretty, some time this week.
7.88 shipped and they also automatically enter you into a drawing for an authentic Vaporflask. :)
I'll post a pic when I put it on the iStick.

S41-2T.jpg

I ordered another 100' spool of 29 gauge from lightningvapes... 4.50 shipped.

'Murica! Hell yeah! Damn commie foosha...:lol:

I think with the vertical they just wrapped the coil with cotton and no additional gauze wrap is needed. That should make it easier to build. I did a vertical in a GS Air and just wrapped the coil in rayon with no tampon de gaza and it wicked fine with no leaks but was such a pain I didn't do it again. No improvement was noticeable in the vape.

Same here, tried vertical coils a few times in different ohms...pain in the ..., not worth the trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread