Status
Not open for further replies.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
www.nicoticket.com
I see the link to the test results are on your website now. Great move. Well played sir !!

I think this should be a dialogue, not an edict. Questions will come up - if they do, we can address them here!~

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
I think this should be a dialogue, not an edict. Questions will come up - if they do, we can address them here!~

Edict ? I'm not sure i understand. Edict issued by whom ?

I don't know if you recall but a while back when this issue came up after the Suicide Bunny fiasco, there was some talk on threads outside of yours about diketones in your juice. The conversation found it's way to your sub-forum and i popped in to give you props for letting your customers know that there is diketones in your juice, when a lot of vendors were silent or even worse, outright lying. I thought it was an even better move when you published your test results for each juice. There might be some customers for example that might be ok with the levels in Virus, but not with the levels in ACB. Now your customers outside this sub-forum will have access to this info as well !!

We might not agree completely about this issue, but in the end it's your customers and prospective customers that have to make the decision. Now they can make an even more informed one !

Last edited:

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com

I don't know if you recall but a while back when this issue came up after the Suicide Bunny fiasco, there was some talk on threads outside of yours about diketones in your juice. The conversation found it's way to your sub-forum and i popped in to give you props for letting your customers know that there is diketones in your juice, when a lot of vendors were silent or even worse, outright lying. I thought it was an even better move when you published your test results for each juice. There might be some customers for example that might be ok with the levels in Virus, but not with the levels in ACB. Now your customers outside this sub-forum will have access to this info as well !!

We might not agree completely about this issue, but in the end it's your customers and prospective customers that have to make the decision. Now they can make an even more informed one !

Spot on! I am also working on Nicotine titration. Basically it goes like this - the "industry standard" for nicotine titration is +/-10% of the stated level of nicotine. So, for example - 3mg could be 2.7 or 3.3. We've noticed lots of our customers come to us and almost immediately move down in nicotine level. We believe it's because most vendors error to the negative, where we try to be as accurate as possible. Food for thought.

Also - more notes - I really perceive this as being an avoidable risk. It really sickens me that some vendors are outright lying about the situation. It's time for the real players in this industry to start calling out the people are saying there is "no risk" - or - "it's just water vapor". Speaking of which - I posted a meme on my Facebook I should probably delete. It's NOT just water vapor.
Bronchiolitis obliterans is a real risk (noticed I had to copy and paste from wikipedia.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com

Edict by the government. We should be a regulate ourselves - open the dialogue - educate. I don't need the government to tell me to do the right thing - my standards are higher than the FDA. We have the research, we have the data - we know what we need to do. The EU has basically given us a path to identifying exactly what needs to be tested, how frequently, etc. The application is actually easier than it is in the US. I feel confident that we can come to some reasonable level for Diketones in eLiquid - probably higher than NIOSH because those levels are extremely restrictive. We are putting our company in a position to be way below the required numbers as soon as possible.

Megan Kogijiki Ratchford

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2013
Arvada, CO
Spot on! I am also working on Nicotine titration. Basically it goes like this - the "industry standard" for nicotine titration is +/-10% of the stated level of nicotine. So, for example - 3mg could be 2.7 or 3.3. We've noticed lots of our customers come to us and almost immediately move down in nicotine level. We believe it's because most vendors error to the negative, where we try to be as accurate as possible. Food for thought.

Also - more notes - I really perceive this as being an avoidable risk. It really sickens me that some vendors are outright lying about the situation. It's time for the real players in this industry to start calling out the people are saying there is "no risk" - or - "it's just water vapor". Speaking of which - I posted a meme on my Facebook I should probably delete. It's NOT just water vapor.
Bronchiolitis obliterans is a real risk (noticed I had to copy and paste from wikipedia.

CHECK THIS OUT.

Edict by the government. We should be a regulate ourselves - open the dialogue - educate. I don't need the government to tell me to do the right thing - my standards are higher than the FDA. We have the research, we have the data - we know what we need to do. The EU has basically given us a path to identifying exactly what needs to be tested, how frequently, etc. The application is actually easier than it is in the US. I feel confident that we can come to some reasonable level for Diketones in eLiquid - probably higher than NIOSH because those levels are extremely restrictive. We are putting our company in a position to be way below the required numbers as soon as possible.

As always your determination for demanding personal responsibility for the industry is inspiring and makes me so very glad to know you are here for harm reduction for us, the vapors. We got off cigs and now you are making sure we can make an informed decision about vaping without pulling the wool over our eyes. Very inspirational!! :wub:

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
As always your determination for demanding personal responsibility for the industry is inspiring and makes me so very glad to know you are here for harm reduction for us, the vapors. We got off cigs and now you are making sure we can make an informed decision about vaping without pulling the wool over our eyes. Very inspirational!! :wub:

Need to get off my .... - been sitting in this chair too long! ;)

Nanny22

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2014
Michigan
And a fast follow up question -- how close are we to that new custard Clark talked about? The test numbers for most of my favorite juices are much higher than I thought they would be in comparison to what I am seeing elsewhere. ACB, Strawnilla, Frenilla and Sure Bert off the top of my head, if I am reading right, are way up there. Hopefully another option that is safer is right around the corner.

MattyRetro

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
Acton, Maine, United States
And a fast follow up question -- how close are we to that new custard Clark talked about? The test numbers for most of my favorite juices are much higher than I thought they would be in comparison to what I am seeing elsewhere. ACB, Strawnilla, Frenilla and Sure Bert off the top of my head, if I am reading right, are way up there. Hopefully another option that is safer is right around the corner.

I'm sure Kent is working on a rework of most of the line. The AP numbers are a bit high and that's something he's concerned about.

always9988

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
Hicktown, OH
I just ordered for the first time in a long time (major money issues led me to diy, but really wanted to try a few of the new flavors)

Got raz cup and passion cake. I'm really happy to see the numbers so low on raz cup, hoping passion cake is along those lines (both having the cake flavor and a fruit flavors). I'm so glad to see a company being honest when I am hearing more and more about others skewing results or outright denying all of it. Wtg Kent and Katy!

scratchtheweasel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2014
Pocono PA
Clark, I have some questions on this after reading SmokeyJoe's article about this topic.
Confused about Diacetyl? You should be - read now | E-Cigarette Forum

1) Is there an explanation of how to read these results? There have been some posts in this thread and some notes in the original posting about how to interpret the 'J' and 'ND' designations, but is there any more context you can provide here? For example how do they compare with NIOSH levels? I understand from your latter post that you consider the NIOSH levels extremely restrictive, but this may help provide some needed context for people like me who are not accustomed to interpreting this data and that may be confused by the raw numbers.

2) Like some other folks here I am concerned with the liquids I vape most. This is still (and will probably always be) Mah Peeps for me. It seems this one has relatively low levels of diketones, but your thoughts on interpreting the data for this liquid in particular would be most interesting for me. It is without a doubt my favorite and since April I've vaped very little e-liquid besides this wonderful creation.

Thanks as always.

Jojo Holt

Jul 1, 2015
Akron, Ohio
very awesome to see such transparency... bravo good sir!! Like another had said, I wish other vendors had the cajones... I don't want their friggin' grandma's family ejuice recipe or w/e for christ's sake--just want to know wtf I'm pulling into my lungs all day. Top work, Kent. I will be placing an order ASAP!

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
If you only vaped USP PG unflavoured, then you'd have none of these worries. But let's stop for one moment and assess the actual risk profile of any of these ingredients.

I'm not noticing many vapers keeling over from flavour abuse, popcorn lung and so on. In fact several are really annoying me by cycling everywhere, constantly yapping on about how they can taste again and how their sex lives are rejuvenated. It's the Calvin Coolidge effect.

Why vaping does not cause lipoid pneumonia | E-Cigarette Forum

T

motabrownie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2014
Lawrence, KS

Anxiously waiting on news of a new Frenilla and Strawnilla! :unsure:

Moonbogg

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2014
Whittier, CA, USA
Didn't the website used to say that some of these juices had "trace amounts" of diketones and they were disclosing it simply as a formality, but the testing reveals pretty large numbers for some of these? Is it blasphemy for me to bring this up because I feel that was pretty misleading. Now the site just says "this juice contains diketones". I remember ordering juice thinking "Oh, trace amounts aren't a big deal and they said they were telling me simply for the sake of honest disclosure, so it must be really low". But really, it was pretty damn high for AP and IMO those juices should be taken off the shelf. What if people develop lung issues? Screw it? Blame the customer because they should have known? That sounds familiar.

Katia

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2013
Omaha, NE
www.nicoticket.com
Didn't the website used to say that some of these juices had "trace amounts" of diketones and they were disclosing it simply as a formality, but the testing reveals pretty large numbers for some of these? Is it blasphemy for me to bring this up because I feel that was pretty misleading. Now the site just says "this juice contains diketones". I remember ordering juice thinking "Oh, trace amounts aren't a big deal and they said they were telling me simply for the sake of honest disclosure, so it must be really low". But really, it was pretty damn high for AP and IMO those juices should be taken off the shelf. What if people develop lung issues? Screw it? Blame the customer because they should have known? That sounds familiar.

In essence and per the report, the liquid does contain what is considered "trace" amounts of diketones. You will notice that some of the flavors are marked with "ND", that indicates that the diacetyl levels are Non Detectable or below the Method Detection Limit. The rest are marked with "J", indicating levels are below the limit standard, and just above the Method Detection Limit. We posted the results so that our customers can make an informed decision for themselves and their health. We have never made the statement that vaping is 100% risk free. Anytime you inhale anything other than fresh air, there is a risk. And honestly, depending where you live, even the "fresh" air is a risk. With that said, we are in the process of reworking those flavors that have higher amounts of AP. As a company, Nicoticket is committed to educating consumers, harm reduction and transparency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread