Status
Not open for further replies.

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
If you do get the urge, find someone who is smoking a cigarette and take a couple of sniffs. That will help a lot, especially as you're not one of those people who vapes tobacco-flavored juice (although even that smells better than a real cigarette. Cigarette smoke smells stale and rank to me now even if it is fresh.)
That's so true! I had someone light up next to me on day 3, and I gagged a little...lol

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
Lol....it's not all that far. As I've learned since I moved here, just say "about an hour" when asked how long it takes to get from point A to point B. I don't get up to to ball as much as I should. I have friends that run a sports bar out on 249. A lot of back road driving in the dark on the way home...and have been stopped twice already when I hadn't had a drink....lol....but I haven't been there since I quit smoking. I should one of these days, and get my friend there to quit.

Reactions: navydavy

JonJ78

Jul 4, 2015
St. Louis, MO
I'm Dave and I have been reading here for about 2 weeks, and I have to say, this place has the MOST knowledge I've ever seen about vaping. I've been vaping for about 3 weeks now. Week One, I was still smoking and vaping with a Veppo Vault. Small tank, but did the job, and taught me how vaping is different than cigarettes. I knew after about two weeks, and getting "vape envy" at work, that I wanted more. By this time, I was smoking less, and even switched to ultralight cigs. I was snoring less and less at night. I went to my local vape shop, great people, and did some research. I settled on a Nautilus Aspire and iStick combo and couldn't be happier. I haven't had ANY cigarette in over 24 hours, and am loving the whole vape scene. My 65 year old mother, my wife, and my kids are totally for it. I was vaping a vanilla custard last night, and had to go out at 10pm and buy us all cinnamon buns! I remember that last cigarette I had. It was actually kind of gross.

I'm looking forward to learning from you all, and getting the best experience I can!

Congratulations on quitting cigarettes. I'm at 3 months and haven't looked back. Can't even stand the smell of cigarettes now.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Lol....it's not all that far. As I've learned since I moved here, just say "about an hour" when asked how long it takes to get from point A to point B. I don't get up to to ball as much as I should. I have friends that run a sports bar out on 249. A lot of back road driving in the dark on the way home...and have been stopped twice already when I hadn't had a drink....lol....but I haven't been there since I quit smoking. I should one of these days, and get my friend there to quit.
I agree. Doesn't matter where you are, or where you're going, in H-town. "About an hour" is the right answer :)

Reactions: redrebel821

thailand

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2014
Philadelphia, PA
I'm Dave and I have been reading here for about 2 weeks, and I have to say, this place has the MOST knowledge I've ever seen about vaping. I've been vaping for about 3 weeks now. Week One, I was still smoking and vaping with a Veppo Vault. Small tank, but did the job, and taught me how vaping is different than cigarettes. I knew after about two weeks, and getting "vape envy" at work, that I wanted more. By this time, I was smoking less, and even switched to ultralight cigs. I was snoring less and less at night. I went to my local vape shop, great people, and did some research. I settled on a Nautilus Aspire and iStick combo and couldn't be happier. I haven't had ANY cigarette in over 24 hours, and am loving the whole vape scene. My 65 year old mother, my wife, and my kids are totally for it. I was vaping a vanilla custard last night, and had to go out at 10pm and buy us all cinnamon buns! I remember that last cigarette I had. It was actually kind of gross.

I'm looking forward to learning from you all, and getting the best experience I can!

Congratulations on quitting cigarettes. I'm at 3 months and haven't looked back. Can't even stand the smell of cigarettes now.

Congrats OP and JonJ78.
This site is great and full of info. I've been cig free for a bit now and I'll never look back. And enjoy spending the extra cash you'll have from not smoking analogs!!!

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Click on the banner and follow the instructions. :thumb: I don't believe you need to have x number of posts.

Yes, you have to have 15 posts before you get a signature. Or maybe it's 25 posts. I can't remember exactly, but there is a minimum.

Andria

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
Ha... one day i took a buddy of mine to get some juice for some vaporizer thingy and i ended up walking out with a SmokTech eGo starter kit and havent touched a cig since! Yaaayyy for Vaping and being (hopefully) a healthy alternative to cigarettes.
Welcome and congrats!!!

thailand

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2014
Philadelphia, PA
Something tells me I'll be spending a bit on vape gear. Being a former smoker AND a professional geek will ensure I over-do vaping! LOL

I'm the same way lol. I already have 4 protank 2s, two protank 3s i use with my kbox and looking to get a subox within the week.

Navydavy, i'm the same way. Its still a TON cheaper than smoking cigs. I take everything apart, and "fix" everything, but to that point, I still have saved a ton of cash over analogs, even though I have experimented with my vaping gear.

JonJ78, the Subox is aweome, you'll love it.

Purple Rain Clouds

Jul 3, 2015
Hi Dave!

I live in Lansdale and also shop at Liberty Vapor(hence my name...give that flavor a try!). I quit 15 days ago but 4 days in a smoked a few cigs and they tasted like ..... I am now 11 days smoke free. I am not so sure I could have quit without e cigs...at least not as easily. Once in a while I will have urges but I just remember how nasty those few cigs were when I smoked 4 days in. If anything, smoking after 4 days of vaping only made me realize hoe nasty cigs taste. It was a fresh brand new pack but they tasted horrible. By the way, some Liberty flavors I like are Purple Rain, OJ's Bronco, Pango and Forbitten.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread