Status
Not open for further replies.

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
NC
My adopted sister decided she didn't want to vape any more so she told me to go through her stuff and take what I wanted. She had some NicQuid Heartland in 8 mg. I decided to load some up(actually I was out and about and had vaped dry what I had when I left home). I've forgotten how much I loved Heartland when I first started vaping! It was one of the first liquids I tried.

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona
The uc gets all the nasty crap off of the coils??
Also all the stuff that builds up inside the coil holder...if you pull a used coil apart even after rinsing and dry burning and
run a Q-tip inside the housing, you'll find carbon like stuff. I use my UC for tons of stuff, eyeglasses, tanks and just about
anything that will fit and needs cleaning!

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
NC
Also all the stuff that builds up inside the coil holder...if you pull a used coil apart even after rinsing and dry burning and
run a Q-tip inside the housing, you'll find carbon like stuff. I use my UC for tons of stuff, eyeglasses, tanks and just about
anything that will fit and needs cleaning!
Cool! I may have to get one of those. I found one on Amazon for less that $30.

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona
Cool! I may have to get one of those. I found one on Amazon for less that $30.
I think I spent about that on mine...once you put your eyeglasses in for a few minutes, you'll be sold!
For the price of a cheap mod, it comes in handy...

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
NC
I think I spent about that on mine...once you put your eyeglasses in for a few minutes, you'll be sold!
There's also some very pricey ones! Lol I only want it to clean coils, tanks and probably jewelry. Not that I have THAT much jewelry! Lol

OcalaFlGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2015
Ocala, Fl
I strip off the cap and liner and old wick, run them through the ultra sonic cleaner and rewick...
I'm a lazy coiler! Used to dry burn coils until I got the UC.

I'm too lazy to dig the sonicator out, fill it with water and make some cleaning solution.

I already have to mount the coil on the iS 30 to check the Ohm's, it only takes a few more button pushes to dry burn.
Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Reactions: LynnNC

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona
There's also some very pricey ones! Lol I only want it to clean coils, tanks and probably jewelry. Not that I have THAT much jewelry! Lol
It can get a little ridiculous...mine runs for 30 minutes max on the timer and then shuts down, just have to restart it...
This is the one I have, didn't pay that much though:
UC Cleaner
The Harbor Freight one is pretty popular.

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona
I'm too lazy to dig the sonicator out, fill it with water and make some cleaning solution.

I already have to mount the coil on the iS 30 to check the Ohm's, it only takes a few more button pushes to dry burn.
Bruce in Ocala, Fl
No argument from me, but I do 30 to 40 coils at a time...UC saves time!

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
NC
It can get a little ridiculous...mine runs for 30 minutes max on the timer and then shuts down, just have to restart it...
This is the one I have, didn't pay that much though:
UC Cleaner
The Harbor Freight one is pretty popular.
That one is a bit more than I'd want to spend but there's a Harbor Freight not too far from where I work. I wonder if they have them in store?

OcalaFlGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2015
Ocala, Fl
Mine is about 10" squarish and is branded Haier, though I've seen them with several names. Mine's about 5 years old and was about $35 on Amazon.

There is a larger more rounded rectangular/Oval one that was also multi-branded. If you buy one of those, be careful. There are 2 models, one has the push buttons in the lid, the other, down on the unit. Do Not Get the one with the buttons in the lid. The micro switch wires fail with use and kills the unit.

A Sonicator is Indispensable in cleaning fountain pen parts.
Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona
What kind of solution do you use or do you use just plain water?
Yep, warm water which heats up as the unit runs. Adding anything to the UC like soap will add to the clean up time on the UC
and rinse time for the coils.
I run them through the UC and then dump them in a stainless steel sink strainer Like this:
102223_front500.jpg

And run water over them to rinse...
I've used the UC to clean my RTAs, bottles, you name it!

WickedWicks

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2015
The 0.15Ω nickel-cotton is single vertical.
Ok. that one is confirmed. You can see it in the videso I posted earlier

The 1.2Ω kanthal-cotton is single vertical.
I assume it is too, but what's your statement based on? Just judging by the picture you've posted?

The 1.5Ω kanthal-silica is dual horizontal. (Eleaf has removed it from it's website. Maybe it is being phased out...)
It does not appear on the website for the new GS Air Pure Cotton Head & TC head
However it does appear on the new package

So what's the final conclusion? 1.5Ohm will still be BDC while 1.2Ohm & TC will be BVC?

Reactions: Callipleura

OcalaFlGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2015
Ocala, Fl
If you use detergent, use Dawn dish detergent Very diluted. It's a Strong detergent but also skin mild. It's what they use to clean the living sea birds drenched in oil spill oil.

The Everclear is good but there is a trick to that. I use the bottom half of a clear plastic Wendy's Frosty cup they don't use anymore. Any thin plastic container will work, NOT Styrofoam though. Put your parts in the container and fill with solution. Put that, (weigh down with quarters if need be) in the Sonicator full of water. The sound waves go right through the plastic and you save Lot's of solution.

Kooh-i-noor RapidoEze, used in a Sonicator, the only thing that will remove misused India ink from a fountain pen, is about $15 a bottle shipped.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

aldenf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2014
NYC, NJ, USA
Which then begets the question, if the resistance doesn't start jumping all around, how many times do you dry burn/rewick before you wind a new one?

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

My coils show significant rust before I replace them...

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona
Cheech mentioning 30-40 coils made me think.
Confession time folks.

How many GS Airs do you have? Of which flavor. Just GS Airs.

I just have two (waving at SD!) but ordered a 3rd MS and a pack of coils from SV this morning.
Bruce in Ocala, Fl
15 various Air tanks, 50 unopened coils, approx. 50-60 rebuilt used coils...I was serious about committing to the Air tank system.
My tank of choice prior to this was the Mini Pro tank II. I split my PT tanks and coils between two folks and gifted them out.
Confession is good for the soul!:nun:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread