4-6ml tank choices

Status
Not open for further replies.

FiReSTaRT

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2015
Hey guys,

I'm somewhere between n00b and intermediate user, more active on the IRC channel than on the forum, but I wanted to throw this out to the wider community..

I'm looking to up my capacity for my at-home setup. Currently very happy with the Nautilus Mini and obviously, I could always get the 5ml version and call it a day but I wanted to see if there are some other alternatives I can look into to match the experience.

Currently running it at 4.7V for 80/20, 5.0V for 70/30 and 5.2V for some 60/40 Foo junk that I'm using temporarily until my Dekang order from FT arrives, with 1.8ohm BVC coils. Adjusted for max airflow, I'm getting just the right amount of vapour for my needs and more than enough flavour. My coils last forever and a half even though I typically clean them after using them for a week (in batches of 5).

Before that, I used to run a Protank 2 but it was a hassle.. Started out by having to pull out the wick, then I could never give it enough voltage to give me enough vapour without burning out the coils and or the juice (that started in the upper 3's, lower 4's with 1.8ohm attys). I don't know why there is such a difference between the two.. Maybe the BVC coils are thicker/longer? (I don't do rebuilds) and can take more current, while generating heat over a larger area, thus not burning themselves out or the juice..

In any case, I wanna upgrade the size since I'm monogamous with my juice (mostly Dekang take on Lucky Strikes).. I wouldn't mind saving $10ish and get a different mfgr tank that will take BVC coils as long as the quality's there. Maybe even something with different coils (if they're commonly available) as long as they will give me the same vaping experience. It would have to be a glass tank (not a big fan of plastics or metal. Any other thoughts on tanks/coils/what makes the difference between the Kanger/Aspire systems are also welcome as they would give me an idea what to look for. Thanks in advance!

Almighty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2009
Canada ( Montreal )
I havent used the nautilus, I used the aspire atlantis though and I prefer the subtank, i can just use .5 ohm cols and run it @ 18 watts and get a very satisfactory vape, with the aspire i needed more watts for the same result

but the real game changer for me was the rba section.. its incredibly easy to build on, the wicking is also easy once you get used to it.. then you dont need to buy coil heads anymore, that alone was enough ^_^

Last edited:
Reactions: FiReSTaRT

FiReSTaRT

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2015
Actually I'm beginning to like the idea mostly because of OCC. Didn't make the mental connection between "silica" and "fiberglass" on the BVC's lol Had some questions on the topic...

1) If I wanna play with RBA's, can I use regular cotton balls found in pharmacies or does it have to be "organic cotton"? I'm currently in a bit of a retail hell.. Organic cotton might be available but I'm not 100% sure (will check with my wife), so it's better to make sure I can at least use the normal stuff
2) What kinda wires work best for 0.5 and for 1.2 ohm coils? (1.2 at 4V would work great for me based on my current 1.8 at 5V usage)
3) Is 18W (0.5 at 3V) a bit too hot for 80/20 juices?

Almighty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2009
Canada ( Montreal )
Regular cotton balls can be used, thats what I started with in the beggining, thing is you should boil/dry them before use, so if there is bleach residue, they are washed away.

I use 26g kanthal, between 0.5 and 0.8 ohms and vape away between 17-20 watts ( 3.3-3.9V ) and im using max vg juice ( 17% flavor 83% vg ), had good result with 50/50 but had to turn down the watts a bit

Almighty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2009
Canada ( Montreal )
Good point.. Will get another product down there that's well reviewed, 200 sheets. Their shipping has been very reliable here if slow. More reliable than other Chinese sources where I am. Things were easier back in Canada lol

yes puff brand is good

Reactions: FiReSTaRT
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread