Cthulhu RTA Discusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

RAWRferal

ECF Veteran
Apr 4, 2015
London
That's top filling just under the four fill holes. Bottom filling utilizes all that space above the holes and gets way more juice in.
There's your problem, I was the same until I kept filling all the way up. Stop filling when it reaches just below the chimney opening, you'll be surprised how much more you can fit in!

BennyAdeline

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2013
Los Angeles
There's your problem, I was the same until I kept filling all the way up. Stop filling when it reaches just below the chimney opening, you'll be surprised how much more you can fit in!

Gotcha. I guess I was afraid of getting juice everywhere when screwing the top cap back on.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Does anybody else just take off both top cap pieces to refill this tank? I mean the smaller cap right after the drip tip and the cap right after that. I can never seem to have the patience to mess with just the smaller cap. Also when you all invert the tank after filling do you open the airflow while inverted, before or open it after it's right side up again?

I have several attys that fill through a tiny hole that I take the entire top cap off instead.

And yes, open the air while its inverted. I then keep it inverted for 10-20 seconds.

Reactions: nosmoke12

nosmoke12

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
Having my Cthulhu for two months and loving it i just re-wicked like our beloved Grimm does in this Review:

and it is stellar. Best vape i ever had from an rta.... try it. it. will. blow. your. mind. thanks grimm.

Just tried this wicking way with a fresh twisted build. I need to rewick lol it did not work for me at all.. I probably didn't get it right but it leaked when I filled it up and spits and gurgles. I think the outer legs of my coils get in the way, the under one goes to the outer posts if that makes any difference. Might give it another go tonight, or just wick like I had been and shoving wick into the juice channels.

Azarias

May 25, 2015
Illinois
Just tried this wicking way with a fresh twisted build. I need to rewick lol it did not work for me at all.. I probably didn't get it right but it leaked when I filled it up and spits and gurgles. I think the outer legs of my coils get in the way, the under one goes to the outer posts if that makes any difference. Might give it another go tonight, or just wick like I had been and shoving wick into the juice channels.

This is how I wick it. Very short cotton. Just enough to cover the juice holes and go a little bit inside them.
View attachment 466218

The easiest way (for me) to figure out the amount of cotton used for this is leave more, place it, try to screw the chimney on.
If it's still too much cotton just cut a bit off, place it again and so on.
After one or two wicks you have it.

Did this all the time and never had dryhits or leaking on the Cthulhu.

BennyAdeline

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2013
Los Angeles
This is how I wick it. Very short cotton. Just enough to cover the juice holes and go a little bit inside them.
View attachment 466218

The easiest way (for me) to figure out the amount of cotton used for this is leave more, place it, try to screw the chimney on.
If it's still too much cotton just cut a bit off, place it again and so on.
After one or two wicks you have it.

Did this all the time and never had dryhits or leaking on the Cthulhu.

I do this as well and it works perfect every time.

Azarias

May 25, 2015
Illinois
Hey guys,
I've been using this tank for a while and mostly I'm happy.

I ran out grub screws and stripped allen key.

wanting to replace them with philips or flat heads,

does anybody replaced them, with what size ?
This thread, page 9, first post.

McMaster-Carr

M2 x .4

Can't tell you the length though.

nosmoke12

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
I think mine is especially bad/loud because the machining on the air intake was a bit rough, even after I tried filing it down with my dremel.
I noticed that on mine as well. It looked like just a couple chunks or flakes didn't get fully machined off, I got out all of it I could with a little screwdriver and just made sure that nothing else would suddenly come off. I've just kinda gotten used to my devices whistling a bit lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread