Not open for further replies.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I can't even enjoy the fireworks. They got the problem fixed, apparently, the water is back on, but now they're making more racket scooping up all the dirt and concrete than all the fireworks put together. :grr:

To top it all off, my husband thought it was a FIIIIIIINE idea to let the cat out while he was BBQing; she still hasn't come home, and with all the racket in the street and all the pops and booms, god knows where she's hiding. I love my husband but sometimes he's stupid as a bag of hammers. :grr:

Andria

RaceGun59

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2013
Owensboro, KY
Fortunately we're not being bothered with rain. But there are some county fools on a damn big orange piece of equipment, busting the concrete in our neighbor's drive, to fix some mysterious water problem -- and our water is off. :facepalm: What a great time to turn off the water, hey? On the 4th of July when people are throwing gunpowder around?!?!?! IDIOTS.

Andria

Well I can tell you about being one of those " fools on a damn big orange piece of equipment". The last thing we want to do is come in and work on a holiday. We would much rather be home with our family and friends enjoying the holiday. If they are working it's because a customer called in a complaint for lack of service. Yes it's big and yes it is loud, but that's what it takes to get the job done.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Well I can tell you about being one of those " fools on a damn big orange piece of equipment". The last thing we want to do is come in and work on a holiday. We would much rather be home with our family and friends enjoying the holiday. If they are working it's because a customer called in a complaint for lack of service. Yes it's big and yes it is loud, but that's what it takes to get the job done.

Yeah they finally got done... apparently something in the water line under our neighbor's driveway "popped off" or something, and the folks across from them had no water.

I stood out there for a while, being variously entertained by the neighbors' fireworks and the Big Noisy Project; the guy driving that huge backhoe/front-end loader thing really knew what he was doing; he was driving that thing like my husband drives his forklift. :D Our neighbor's mailbox went down, in all the commotion. I'm sure they're even less pleased about the whole thing than I was.

The worst thing was that between all that racket and all the fireworks, our cat was hiding somewhere, and didn't come home till WAY after dark -- and there's some Great Horned Owls around here; they often roost in our magnolia tree. So we were worried sick about her, till she finally showed up on the back porch, shaking and distracted.

Andria

Amraann

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2011
Florida
Well, the water's still off, so I may be doing dishes even later in the middle of the night than usual. thank GOD we have the reverse-osmosis filtration thing at the sink; it's got a 3gal tank, so I was able to trickle a little to get the BBQ sauce off my hands!

Andria

The dishes can wait until tomorrow if needed. :)

Reactions: NancyB

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
The dishes can wait until tomorrow if needed. :)

Already did 'em. I wanted to let the water run for a while, to get rid of air and dirt in the line, and man, it was murky at first, but was running clear by the time I got done. :thumb:

Ooooh I just heard some more fireworks! :D

Andria

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
I've been forced to watch the fireworks on tv...my poor German shepherd needs the company :p
She thought she wanted to go back outside.....till she heard the first boom, and about bowled me over running back to the house
Sent with one hand, the other is busy vaping.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
2 30ml bottlesf Halo to the person who can make the booms stop in the next 5 minutes

Is it driving your giant fluffy dog crazy? :D

They seem to have packed it in, around here. Of course it's after 2am, here. :D

Andria

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
Is it driving your giant fluffy dog crazy? :D

They seem to have packed it in, around here. Of course it's after 2am, here. :D

Andria
Max self-soothes during it by going to sleep and pretends he doesn't hear it. It's my old boy it really bothers. Thunder and fireworks really bother him, so he's been camped out at the food of the bed for ours.m

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
And glad you got water back.....I can live without electricity for a bit, but don't dare turn off my water supply!!!

I was just glad to discover that 3gal tank was full enough that I could get the BBQ sauce off my hands! That stuff is sticky! And it's impossible to eat BBQ chicken, even with a knife and fork (they were boneless breasts), and not get BBQ sauce all over your hands!

Andria

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
I was just glad to discover that 3gal tank was full enough that I could get the BBQ sauce off my hands! That stuff is sticky! And it's impossible to eat BBQ chicken, even with a knife and fork (they were boneless breasts), and not get BBQ sauce all over your hands!

Andria
This time of year, we always have a few flats of bottled water handy. I hate breaking into, though!

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
Nite, Karen...I have to stay awake till fireworks finish up so I can try and get the boys out before they either pee in the house of rupture their bladders.
I'm in a similar situation....i hope the stragglers stop firing of the fireworks soon...my girl needs to go but won't stay out long enough with those things going off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread