Status
Not open for further replies.

NancyB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
AZ/USA
www.davidshome.com
Growing up, my dad put in a big garden every year. We had some pilferage from bunnies and deer. It's a good thing they got blamed for all the stuff my brother and I swiped, too. Nothing like fresh off the vine beefsteak tomatoes!! LMAO

All of us enjoyed the fresh veggies and fruits! Often we'd see out the window as our youngest would pull a carrot, wipe it off on my pants and into his mouth it would go! Craig our oldest would favor the green beans and broccoli (aphids and all)!
We had a big 6' fence around the back yard, so rarely did we see critters other than those we daily fed out there. I don't think there's anything as good as homegrown stuff to eat! The fresh corn was my favorite! Lots of work, but oh so worth it when you go to harvest it all.

NancyB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
AZ/USA
www.davidshome.com
Pasta Carbonara? Although it is usually made with pancetta I have seen variations with bacon :)

My favorite pizza is Canadian Bacon & Pineapple toppings... while up in Canada on our way to Alaska, we asked for a pizza with 1/2 my favorite toppings and 1/2 hubby's favorite.... what I got was normal bacon strips with pineapple, wasn't quite what I had in mind.... haha didn't taste at all the same, either. but twas a funny thing we remember (about bacon).

RaceGun59

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2013
Owensboro, KY
Well, looks like I'm the first one here. so...
Draw-an-Old-Fashioned-Alarm-Clock-Step-15.jpg

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
All of us enjoyed the fresh veggies and fruits! Often we'd see out the window as our youngest would pull a carrot, wipe it off on my pants and into his mouth it would go! Craig our oldest would favor the green beans and broccoli (aphids and all)!
We had a big 6' fence around the back yard, so rarely did we see critters other than those we daily fed out there. I don't think there's anything as good as homegrown stuff to eat! The fresh corn was my favorite! Lots of work, but oh so worth it when you go to harvest it all.
We can't grow any veggies here. Deer are all over the place. I've read that deer can easily hop a 6 foot fence. When we first moved in, I planted a willow tree in the backyard next to a storm drainage ditch (which floods our backyard every time we get a heavy soaking rain). It was about 4 feet tall when I planted it. That first winter, the tree was eaten by the deer until the only thing left was a 1 inch stub sticking out of the ground. Amazingly, the tree grew back from that and now it is about 30 feet tall. It even survived losing about 40 percent of its main branches to Hurricane Irene back in 2011.

KattMamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2015
DFW Area, Texas
My favorite pizza is Canadian Bacon & Pineapple toppings... while up in Canada on our way to Alaska, we asked for a pizza with 1/2 my favorite toppings and 1/2 hubby's favorite.... what I got was normal bacon strips with pineapple
Maybe you should have asked for just BACON instead of Canadian bacon... lol.. I always wondered what they called it up there

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
I'm up! Been up since 6...so where the hell have you been? Lol

LOL...I got to sleep about then. The dogs decided about 3ish that it was safe to go out. Then again about 3:30, and 4, and every 1/2 hour until 6:30. I got a nap from then till about 8:30, they were ready to go back out. Ughhhhhh

Amraann

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2011
Florida
LOL...I got to sleep about then. The dogs decided about 3ish that it was safe to go out. Then again about 3:30, and 4, and every 1/2 hour until 6:30. I got a nap from then till about 8:30, they were ready to go back out. Ughhhhhh

It is like having small children! LOLOL

Good Morning all!! (Ok it is really noon)
I think I have to go over and feed the neighbors 12 week old kittens. I am waiting for her to text back and let me know.

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
NC
Trying to figure out why anyone would get up at 6am on a Sunday... that's a real head scratcher.:D

I got up about 15 mins ago... still waiting on my tea to brew, so I'm not entirely coherent.

Andria
Andria, I have to get up at 3 am for work M-F..And be at work at 6, and it's a 40 minute drive. If I want to be in bed at a decent time on Sunday nights, I have to get up early on Sunday morning. :)

NancyB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
AZ/USA
www.davidshome.com
Maybe you should have asked for just BACON instead of Canadian bacon... lol.. I always wondered what they called it up there

Ham ? we didn't ask, we were kinda shell-shocked at first - haha

NancyB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
AZ/USA
www.davidshome.com

We had similar issues in the beginning of owning dogs, and soon learned a doggy door is a fantastic thing! (if the dog fits through it! - too big and the neighborhood boys do also, though.) lol Our's we could block off to keep them outside/inside when needed, with just a small hole left open for the cat who could come and go as she pleased. When closed, we'd often see just a big nose poking through, seeing if someone was cooking anything inside!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread