Status
Not open for further replies.

Papillon61

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2015
Sunshine Isle
Happy Fourth of July to all my new American friends. :)

And also to remember something that wasn't entirely clear to me from history in school (though it should have been, I dunno what I was doing that I didn't pick up on this, probably reading a historical NOVEL!)... July 4 and the signing of the Declaration was actually the START of the American Revolution... until they took that very momentous step, we were still British colonial subjects -- afterward, to the Brits, we were traitors -- it took many, many years of a bloody, awful war to make it clear to them that we were no longer British subjects, but American citizens. There was some fighting *before* the Declaration (Lexington, 1775), but at that point our American citizenship was only a very nebulous idea; Lexington gave it legs! Jefferson gave it words; all those who fought made it reality.

Andria

What the date referred to is something I did not know either - so thanks for the explanation. What I find a little puzzling in American past and more recent history is the fact that while the Americans were fighting the Brits basically the only help they got was from the French. And yet in more recent times, the US has been much more allied with Britain and rather lukewarm if not outrightly hostile towards the French. I wonder if its the garlic. :D

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Happy Fourth of July to all my new American friends. :)

What the date referred to is something I did not know either - so thanks for the explanation. What I find a little puzzling in American past and more recent history is the fact that while the Americans were fighting the Brits basically the only help they got was from the French. And yet in more recent times, the US has been much more allied with Britain and rather lukewarm if not outrightly hostile towards the French. I wonder if its the garlic. :D

I think it's mostly the shared language that inspires the feeling of fraternite with Britain; we're also pretty friendly with Canada, and I think also with Australia; and isn't there one english-speaking country in Central America...? Belize...? I think...?

The only reason France was interested in helping us was to give Britain a black eye, and we said thank you very much because it was hard to fight the British Empire, no matter how much "scrap" you have; the political views of the Americans were totally antithetical to the French monarchy and aristocracy, and it was actually a very near thing, getting that support (thank Benjamin Franklin, because John Adams nearly caused it not to happen); it really was the opportunity to discountenance Britain that finally turned the French monarchy's feeling to pro-American -- anything that took money from Britain's pocket, France was ALL FOR.

Also, consider the tight bonds that formed between Britain and the US with both WWI and WWII.

Andria

Papillon61

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2015
Sunshine Isle
Yes, I suppose that is a plausible explanation. Language is always a barrier. And yet the initial history of both the American and the French Republics is so closely linked - the one inspiring the other. And once the French Monarchy was overthrown, France moved on to becoming the most progressive of all European countries. But yes, I can totally see the French wanting to sock the Brits in the eye - they still do at every opportunity! :D

Papillon61

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2015
Sunshine Isle
Here's something for you to celebrate the holiday. I whipped it up on the spur of the moment here at my desk. It's my usual formula of 50/50 3mg and I tried it out in my Derringer ATM after a couple of minutes of shaking the bottle. Not bad - sweet and refreshing. I called it:

Fourth of July

10% TFA Strawberry Ripe
5% TFA Whipped Cream
5% TFA Blueberry Wild
4% TFA Vanilla Swirl
2% EM

Enjoy. :)

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
@Papillon61 - How lovely! (I liked how you listed the ingredients ;) )

Alas, I have but a couple of minutes as family is coming in today, and I have MUCH prep to do. (So I'd best get off here and get back to work!)

Have a great day everyone!

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
can someone please tell me how to tell which TFA flavorings have bad stuff in them such as Diaceltyl and or AP
If you go directly to their site,they do a good job of listing on most if they contain stuff like that,also if you see a flavor that has 2 listed like bavarian cream and dx bavarian cream,if there is a dx version then the regular has diketones and the dx doesn't.
Most have an ** and say this flavor contains custard notes.

Last edited:

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
I see now and if anyone else is looking each individual flavor that has it will say this

*** Note: This flavor contains 'custard' ingredients: Acetoin & Acetylpropionyl.
The following link explains the frequent questions & concerns involving custard notes.

Reactions: TrollDragon

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
Sorry about my previous post - I may have been looking at sweet, rather than the vanilla flavours. As a matter of fact they do indicate the presence of Acetoin (which they claim is not a diketone) in the Vanilla section.
yeah it is rampant in the Vanilla Section-Red Velvet Cake-wow, of course anything with a butter taste to it and all caramels

Reactions: TrollDragon

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Wow I'm so glad you both liked them both. :D Now you should try the Eclipse for a touch, just a touch of tobacco flavour. I like it with my morning coffee

Jane, my son's MIL came on Thursday, Yesterday I handed her a package of 13x 10ml bottles of 3 tobacco flavours i tried to develop specially for her (she still vapes only tobacco flavours), the three clones, the six in the Game of Thrones series and my own ADV which is the Tropical Custard. Let's see what her verdict will be.

Papi, I looked for your recipe for Eclipse - didn't see it. Can you (re)post, please? I don't have Cavendish. Is there another tobacco that might work? I have an assortment of TFA tobaccos (came with my flat) but I'm not sure really what's what, since I don't do a lot of tobacco juices. (I'm drifting back to the smell of my Dad's pipe tobacco :) I have a pouch that is five years old - I tooted a bowlful at his grave on the first anniversary of his death.... Maybe attempt an extraction?)

rflash

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2014
Oak Grove,MN,USA
Papi, I looked for your recipe for Eclipse - didn't see it. Can you (re)post, please? I don't have Cavendish. Is there another tobacco that might work? I have an assortment of TFA tobaccos (came with my flat) but I'm not sure really what's what, since I don't do a lot of tobacco juices. (I'm drifting back to the smell of my Dad's pipe tobacco :) I have a pouch that is five years old - I tooted a bowlful at his grave on the first anniversary of his death.... Maybe attempt an extraction?)
It's on page [HASHTAG]#463[/HASHTAG], I think I'll give it a try

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
eclipse-recipe-jpg.461122

Papillon61

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2015
Sunshine Isle

Hmm... I don't know what to tell you Dinger. I did not even attempt the Eclipse before I could get the Cavendish tobacco which I did eventually find from Inawera in Poland who are really very big on tobacco flavours and not much else, though even that very little else is very highly concentrated and a little goes very far. The Cavendish Tobacco is actually in the Wera Gardens series. Cavendish is not a type of tobacco but more of a process... I mean it's not a species of plant but the way the tobacco leaves are cured, and pressed and generally processed. It is a sweet pipe tobacco and the flavour itself is sweetish.. I think there is a touch of honey in there too.. I mean I can't really taste it but I can smell it in the vapour. Perhaps it would not be worthwhile for you to try to get it unless you can grab it on your next flavour order but frankly I think it is essential for the recipe..... not really replaceable by anything else.

Papillon61

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2015
Sunshine Isle
@DingerCPA - sorry that I missed out your question about extraction. I read your post before my first cup of coffee this morning and my eye/brain co-ordination were not quite functioning yet.

Before I located the Cavendish at INawera I too was considering extraction. The extraction process seems not too difficult if you have the time and patience for it. What is tricky is the filtration. I thought a coffee filter might do but was informed the filter has to be even finer than that since you need to eliminate all particles no matter how small you might think they are. So you would need a lab filter. But I really don't wish to discourage you from attempting it. For all i know, acquiring the right equipment might be far easier for you than it is for me. Here's a link that might help you on your way. I remember bookmarking it because the same process is used for tea extracts which for me were interesting as well.

Slow Cooker Extraction of Tobacco and Tea | E-Cigarette Forum

I'm sure there are more threads about the process, but this is the one I had handy.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
@DingerCPA

Before I located the Cavendish at INawera I too was considering extraction. The extraction process seems not too difficult if you have the time and patience for it. What is tricky is the filtration. I thought a coffee filter might do but was informed the filter has to be even finer than that since you need to eliminate all particles no matter how small you might think they are. So you would need a lab filter. But I really don't wish to discourage you from attempting it. For all i know, acquiring the right equipment might be far easier for you than it is for me. Here's a link that might help you on your way. I remember bookmarking it because the same process is used for tea extracts which for me were interesting as well.
The really fine filters are reccomended,but not a must use.I have been using cheesecloth as an intial filter,then putting some cotton in the bottom of a syringe,pouring the liquid in,and forcing it through the cotton with the plunger,and i dont see any particulate in my juices,and get very little gunking issues.Don't let the lack of lab filters hold you from trying it,if you like tobacco mixes,then you can't beat a good extract that you make yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread