Vapeston Maganus Coil Issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TikPandora

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Platte NE, USA
Hello everyone! Yeah, I know it's been a long time since I've posted anything...but I'm back!

Unfortunately, I return with an issue. I just got this Vapeston Maganus tank about two weeks ago, and have been having quite a few issues with the coils. I've read countless stories of people getting them to go for weeks, and the longest I've been able to make a coil last before it goes south is about four days. I am using an IPV Mini II, usually hit at around 40-50 watts, and like to take long hits. Am I doing something wrong? I've tried both the .2 and .5 ohm coils.

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
I have heard that this could be due to the slightly different tank design of the Maganus compared to the Starre, the bottom of the chimney where the coils sits is larger and can restrict the juice flow. Do you get dry hits ?, my coils last around 20 days (0.25ohm) What juice are you using? I've yet to have a dodgy coil from Freemax, now whether the Maganus coils are of lower quality I don't know or maybe your using the starre ones?

sd3614

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
MIDWEST USA
40 watts is kinda low (I realize in spec), but I can see it just saturating, gunking and just not performing as clean at that low of power > just a theory.

I try to stay in the 65-80 watt range. You also could have an older model that increased the chance of leaking on the coil. I have the maganus on the right below, no issues. Coils are the same for both just re-packaged/branded due to Vapestone being slick thinking they could charge more.

hqdefault.jpg

TikPandora

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Platte NE, USA
If you have the one on the right, then you have the Starre tank not the maganus.

They released a Maganus V2 that now is exactly like the Starre. That's the one I have. Also, an update...60 W really hasn't helped anything. I bought a 0.5 coil yesterday and just started experiencing the dreaded dry hits tonight. Should I perhaps try coils from the Herakles? I heard they work in the Maganus.

Rixsta

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
They released a Maganus V2 that now is exactly like the Starre. That's the one I have. Also, an update...60 W really hasn't helped anything. I bought a 0.5 coil yesterday and just started experiencing the dreaded dry hits tonight. Should I perhaps try coils from the Herakles? I heard they work in the Maganus.

Wow a Maganus v2, they really are trying to pea off Freemax...

I'd love to get to the bottom of this, I never get dry hits, no flooding, they are just the best pre built coils I have ever tried and it vapes like a dream at 60w day in day out, max vg, 70vg, I searched and searched and tried sooooooooo many sub tanks and different coils until I found these, it's just crazy that your experiencing this. My new Starre Pro is also vaping just wonderful, both the kanthal and nickel coils at 0.25ohm and 0.15ohm.
I wish I could help you but apart from guessing or saying, try a different e liquid, do you vape with full air open, maybe your not pulling hard enough, is your mod reading the coil properly, have you tried it on a different mod ect ect, really, apart from actually being there and trying it, I just don't no :(

Rixsta

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
Hope you got this squared away! Make sure you are really pre-soaking the cotton on new coils also. Maganus V2 here and no issues like this.
This is a good point, I always drip the juice from the top of the cotton until you can see that it has soaked into the cotton around the juice holes, I never drip juice into the juice holes directly, always through the top and let it soak down, can take a few minutes but worth it.

Reactions: sd3614

blargman

Verified Member
Dec 5, 2013
lolidunno
You ever have any resolution to this TikPandora? I bought a maganus v2 at a local vape shop recently and my experience has been the same. They work fine at 45-50W for a day or two then I slowly have to put htem down to like 30W or they burn and/or taste disgusting. I've never had luck at 60w except for maybe the first few hits off a new fresh, very soaked coil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread