Status
Not open for further replies.

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
Good to hear that the little tweak in the pg seems to have solved your problem, Andria. I got out my DIY stuff a few days back and tried an ry4 double blend and yet another try at my caramel pear black tea. Still not right.

I did get a couple of the Science of vaping quartz kits for a couple of my R91 so I can use them for my DIY and not have to worry about melting the clear part of my tank. Dripping on a 510 atty gives me an idea of taste but I find I have to taste in my r91 to really know if I am getting close or not.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Good to hear that the little tweak in the pg seems to have solved your problem, Andria. I got out my DIY stuff a few days back and tried an ry4 double blend and yet another try at my caramel pear black tea. Still not right.

I did get a couple of the Science of vaping quartz kits for a couple of my R91 so I can use them for my DIY and not have to worry about melting the clear part of my tank. Dripping on a 510 atty gives me an idea of taste but I find I have to taste in my r91 to really know if I am getting close or not.

That's another thing I love about the Achilles, the "full metal jacket" as it were. :D Though I do wish the Achilles had a clear tank option; once you get the body put on, because the whole thing seals with both threads and o-rings (just like a kayfun), there's no leaking, and you can keep filling it past the base of the posts; the airhole is extremely built up, so you could actually fill it to just below the top of that, but with the coil on top of it, it's hard to see exactly where the liquid comes to. supposedly it will hold 2.5ml, but I only take it to about 1.75ml, just because I can't see where the liquid is, in relation to the top of the airflow "stack".

But the flavor is every bit as good as a kayfun, maybe even a bit more saturated. The video I viewed about the Achilles, the guy said that the flavor is so saturated, you feel your lips after a hit, to see if you got juice in your mouth -- but the lips are quite dry, no actual juice, just amazingly strong flavor.

Andria

ETA: here's a pic so you can see that tall stack for the airflow -- it builds very much like a kayfun, wrapping the wires round the screws; you leave the wick tails VERY long, because the well is quite deep, then you can fill it to just below the top of that airhole right under the coil. It doesn't leak, ever. :thumb:

achillesdeck.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: ShariR

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
That's another thing I love about the Achilles, the "full metal jacket" as it were. :D Though I do wish the Achilles had a clear tank option; once you get the body put on, because the whole thing seals with both threads and o-rings (just like a kayfun), there's no leaking, and you can keep filling it past the base of the posts; the airhole is extremely built up, so you could actually fill it to just below the top of that, but with the coil on top of it, it's hard to see exactly where the liquid comes to. supposedly it will hold 2.5ml, but I only take it to about 1.75ml, just because I can't see where the liquid is, in relation to the top of the airflow "stack".

But the flavor is every bit as good as a kayfun, maybe even a bit more saturated. The video I viewed about the Achilles, the guy said that the flavor is so saturated, you feel your lips after a hit, to see if you got juice in your mouth -- but the lips are quite dry, no actual juice, just amazingly strong flavor.

Andria

ETA: here's a pic so you can see that tall stack for the airflow -- it builds very much like a kayfun, wrapping the wires round the screws; you leave the wick tails VERY long, because the well is quite deep, then you can fill it to just below the top of that airhole right under the coil. It doesn't leak, ever. :thumb:

achillesdeck.jpg

I could never survive without a window to see my juice level. Back when I cracked the clear tank on my r91 I used the full steel setup. It drove me nuts trying to monitor when I might vape it dry and get a burnt hit. Nope, I need that clear section. I find my juices start to taste overly good and sweet just as I am getting to empty. But if my taste buds are having an off day, I do not need to get anxiety over vaping a tank empty.

I also vape about 3 tanks full a day so I am blowing through juice like mad. Anything smaller than my full kayfun tank and it is a pita to keep them topped off. I have a quartz nano setup for tasting juice and it is hard to tell the fill levels since it is so small. But great for getting a good tasting vape on another of my diy failures.

I have been reading the tfa thread and Bill's HFM mixing theory. I am slowly trying to make myself comfortable putting 20% or more flavor in a mix. Just sounds like too much. So far my 10% or so of flavor mixes are not cutting the mustard. So I may end up where you are % wise. Just going slowly.

Everyone in that thread seems to use a lot of the creams and custards. I am trying to avoid the diketones since I had a horrible reaction to them a year or so ago. And I love those flavors so it is with careful playing and mixing I proceed. Will the banana nut bread (tfa) crack my kayfun tank? I have read yes and no in different places.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
I could never survive without a window to see my juice level. Back when I cracked the clear tank on my r91 I used the full steel setup. It drove me nuts trying to monitor when I might vape it dry and get a burnt hit. Nope, I need that clear section. I find my juices start to taste overly good and sweet just as I am getting to empty. But if my taste buds are having an off day, I do not need to get anxiety over vaping a tank empty.

I also vape about 3 tanks full a day so I am blowing through juice like mad. Anything smaller than my full kayfun tank and it is a pita to keep them topped off. I have a quartz nano setup for tasting juice and it is hard to tell the fill levels since it is so small. But great for getting a good tasting vape on another of my diy failures.

I have been reading the tfa thread and Bill's HFM mixing theory. I am slowly trying to make myself comfortable putting 20% or more flavor in a mix. Just sounds like too much. So far my 10% or so of flavor mixes are not cutting the mustard. So I may end up where you are % wise. Just going slowly.

Everyone in that thread seems to use a lot of the creams and custards. I am trying to avoid the diketones since I had a horrible reaction to them a year or so ago. And I love those flavors so it is with careful playing and mixing I proceed. Will the banana nut bread (tfa) crack my kayfun tank? I have read yes and no in different places.

I don't think the TFA Banana Nut Bread is a tank cracker; other brands, I dunno. I'm gradually easing my percentages down, but going very slowly, since I'm so accustomed to such a high level of flavoring, I'm just plain spoiled! With my strawberry & cream, it started off around 31%, and I've eased it down to about 28.5%; I'll hang there for a couple months, and then try another ease down, try to get it around 25%.

I do everything possible to avoid all diketones -- the creams I routinely use don't have them: Capella Sweet Cream, TFA Vanilla Swirl and DX Bavarian Cream, and sometimes I might use a bit of TFA Whipped Cream, which does have triacetin, but no actual diketones. This is the main reason why I have to get creative with recipes; so many recipes I read have a blithe disregard for diketones, and for me that just doesn't fly. With asthma, I have more than sufficient breathlessness, I certainly don't want any MORE.

Yet another thing I love about this Achilles is that it's a juice miser on a par with a cartotank -- must be because of the low airflow, and that I'm turning it down 1 watt, but I check it all the time, paranoid without the assurance of a full kayfun ;) and it's never very low; I'm constantly surprised by how slowly it uses the <2ml I put in it -- much slower than my kayfuns go thru 3.5 or so. I'm hoping that as these get more popular, maybe we'll see accessories for it, such as a clear tank part. :D Of course using less juice is also good for my asthma! :thumb:

Andria

Thayamax

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2013
Southeast Michigan
I still haven't ventured into DIY juice even though I know I should since it's so much cheaper. I hate steeping...I want to vape my juice as soon as I get it.

My vaping has changed a lot in the last six months, though. I used to be a tootle puffer, using Kayfuns, mouth to lung hits and 10 watts. My Kayfuns haven't seen the light of day since I got my Pontus, which is an RTDA. At first I found it much to airy and had to close off the air flow quite a bit. I gradually started opening them more and doing light lung hits. Then I started building lower ohms and opening them all the way using full on lung hits. Now I have several RDAs with lots of airflow and I'm building to between .5 and .7 ohms. I'm getting much more clouds than before and I find that to be more satisfying than nicotine.

I've moved up to the Sigelei 100 plus and the Sigelei 150. I don't go much past 25 watts, but I never dreamed I'd ever go past 10. My latest new toy is the Evic VT with temperature control, using titanium wire and building at .3 ohms (which is pretty much required with titanium wire). I'm not a cloud chaser by any means, but I'm getting some pretty good clouds on all my setups. It just goes to show you, you never know where vaping is going to lead you. I'm enjoying it more now than ever. :)

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
I still haven't ventured into DIY juice even though I know I should since it's so much cheaper. I hate steeping...I want to vape my juice as soon as I get it.

My ADV strawberry & cream, I never steep -- aside from the fact that mixing up 60ml at a time necessarily means that a good bit just sits there until I get around to vaping it. :D That's why I went so high with the flavoring, initially, to avoid that tedious steeping thing. The only ones I steep at all are either a) anything with a significant amount of tobacco flavoring (though I don't steep my Smocha either), and b) anything with less than 25% flavoring.

Use enough flavoring, and steeping isn't necessary; the juice might get *better* the longer it sits, but you can still vape it, right after mixing.

Andria

Puff2K

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2015
USA
Well I blew it and bought a pack of cigarettes on Tuesday because I had a medical appointment and I was very stressed out. It was also the first time I'd been out since I started vaping in March and I wasn't sure I'd have the nerve to vape outdoors (I know how silly that sounds). I didn't smoke any while I was out, I vaped. But when I got home I couldn't stop thinking about the cigarettes and I went ahead and smoked two of them. They tasted horrible but I still smoked two. Then today my anxiety has been bad and I finally smoked a third and I mustn't smoke with COPD!

I'm scared and I feel incredibly stupid and regretful. If I hadn't bought that pack I wouldn't be sitting here afraid I'll go back to smoking. And I should have bought WTA juice by now to try but the cravings had subsided until Tuesday. I just feel very stupid. Realistically I guess I'm not that scared because there's no way I can really survive anymore as a smoker. I don't think there's a chance I could go back to it full time.

loxmythe

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2010
pa
Well I blew it and bought a pack of cigarettes on Tuesday because I had a medical appointment and I was very stressed out. It was also the first time I'd been out since I started vaping in March and I wasn't sure I'd have the nerve to vape outdoors (I know how silly that sounds). I didn't smoke any while I was out, I vaped. But when I got home I couldn't stop thinking about the cigarettes and I went ahead and smoked two of them. They tasted horrible but I still smoked two. Then today my anxiety has been bad and I finally smoked a third and I mustn't smoke with COPD!

I'm scared and I feel incredibly stupid and regretful. If I hadn't bought that pack I wouldn't be sitting here afraid I'll go back to smoking. And I should have bought WTA juice by now to try but the cravings had subsided until Tuesday. I just feel very stupid. Realistically I guess I'm not that scared because there's no way I can really survive anymore as a smoker. I don't think there's a chance I could go back to it full time.

It happens nothing to stress over. Mothers milk is having a contest right now to win some wta. WholeCig has a sale going on too. Meanwhile if 2 or 3 cigarettes keeps you happy and still vaping - go for it.
Maybe look into Swedish Snus? Helps me.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
It happens nothing to stress over. Mothers milk is having a contest right now to win some wta. WholeCig has a sale going on too. Meanwhile if 2 or 3 cigarettes keeps you happy and still vaping - go for it.
Maybe look into Swedish Snus? Helps me.

Wholecig sale?? Wha? Please tell me more! I don't see anything about it on their site.

Andria

Topdogie01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2013
Illinois, United States
From the deals and steals thread..

WholeCig

(WTA eliquids) 15% off on all orders now through July 5th!

no limits
no minimums
& no restrictions!

Use code: FOURTH

Mothers Milk
Use the coupon code50mlFREE (it is case sensitive) and it will also give you 10% off the order plus a 50 mil bottle free.
a 50 ml bottles of one of these flavors chosen by Psychic....
minimum 20.00 order

Fruty Loopy (like loopy) Mothers Milk WTA :: Fruty LOOPY 50ml Bottles

RAINBOW Sour (Sour candy Rainbow you can catch) Mothers Milk WTA :: RAINBOW Sour 50ml Bottles

Sweet BOOTH (Vanilla Graham Cracker cookie) Mothers Milk WTA :: SWEET Booth 50ml Bottles

Top Dead Center TDC (Pineapple Peach Mango) Mothers Milk WTA :: TDC Top Dead Center 50ml Bottles

UNIHORN MILK (Strawberry Cream) Mothers Milk WTA :: UNIHORN MILK 50ml Bottles

Y RY4 (Butterscotch Vanilla Lt Tobacco) Mothers Milk WTA :: Y RY4 VCTLIKECLONE 50ml Bottles

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
So... just ordered possibly the last bottle of WTA I will need to buy. I'm down to 3.5% now; going in smaller stages now that I'm down so low; instead of dropping a full percentage point a month, I'm dropping half a point every 2 weeks. If it gives me any trouble, I'll wait the full month before the next half-pt drop. But, so far so good. :thumb:

Andria

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN

I am sorry that you are getting stressed out about smoking a couple of cigarettes. It does happen to most of us, especially if we are in a situation where we always smoked. It took me some time, but I now am not bothered with thoughts of smoking even if I am sitting in a group of smokers. I just vape away. It is normal to get cravings or just consuming thoughts of smoking for quite a while after you are vaping full time. It is a mind trick.

Please do not be afraid that a few cigarettes will lead you back to smoking full time. Now that you know that you still can have cravings and thoughts of smoking you can make a plan to compensate for these situations. And having a cigarette or two will not derail your vaping success. Try not to let it stress you out - that will hurt you more than a couple of cigarettes. I think you are doing great!

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
So... just ordered possibly the last bottle of WTA I will need to buy. I'm down to 3.5% now; going in smaller stages now that I'm down so low; instead of dropping a full percentage point a month, I'm dropping half a point every 2 weeks. If it gives me any trouble, I'll wait the full month before the next half-pt drop. But, so far so good. :thumb:

Andria

I admire that you are making a plan and have been able to pretty much stick to it. Great job, Andria.

Does Bull City Vapor have a coupon code for a discount for the 4th of July? I would like to order some flavors from them. Do they have a first time discount or an ECF discount?

Reactions: Puff2K

Topdogie01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2013
Illinois, United States
I admire that you are making a plan and have been able to pretty much stick to it. Great job, Andria.

Does Bull City Vapor have a coupon code for a discount for the 4th of July? I would like to order some flavors from them. Do they have a first time discount or an ECF discount?

July4 for 7.6% off. If you can't place the order in time, vu6 is 6% off

Thayamax

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2013
Southeast Michigan

Sorry I couldn't respond before now, I'm just coming off a marathon work weekend with 5 shifts in 2 1/2 days. :blink:

Puff, don't be so hard on yourself. Quitting smoking is one of the hardest things there is to do and I think you're doing great. Everyone is entitled to a slip up now and then. At least you were able to go back to vaping where many people just give up after falling off the wagon. The good thing is you noticed how horrible they taste compared to your vape. That seems to be a helpful deterrent to most people.

Stress is a big trigger to light up, then when you do it stresses you that much more and it turns into a vicious circle. Jump back up on that wagon and hold on for dear life. You can do it. We're all rooting for you and here to help when you need it (when we're not being worked to death ;)).

It took me 3 tries in 4 years and then 4 months of dual use before I finally succeeded. You're already doing better than I did and I just celebrated my 2 year vapaversary on Thursday. :headbang:

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA

It's actually been much easier than I expected it would be; as I observed probably a month ago or more, I'm having so little trouble with my monthly drops, I could probably just drop the WTA altogether -- but I'm afraid of what might happen if I did that; those hard cravings that initially caused me to use the WTA totally SUCKED, and I never ever want to go thru that again. So -- realistic goals. :) Which is why I realized that now I'm down to such a small percentage, each point I drop is a bigger chunk, relative to the whole amount, so doing half-point drops every 2 wks is probably easier than dropping a whole point at once -- when I got ready to drop from 4%, it occurred to me that dropping to 3% would be a 25% reduction, so perhaps likely to give me more trouble than just going down to 3.5% and sticking there for 2 wks.

If it was just up to me, I'd stick with WTA indefinitely; but I'm much too afraid of what the FDA is going to do, to be confident that WTA will even *exist* indefinitely -- much better to wean off it at my own pace, than because I have no choice. :thumb:

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread