weird occurrence

Status
Not open for further replies.

solipsistic xerophyte

Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
southern california
Today when I went to clean my coils my cotton wick was not in the coil. All that was left were the legs going into the rda. Did I burn through the cotton? I am currently vaping at 8 watts with a 1.5 coil. So I don't understand how I could've burned it out.

What alternative to cotton can I use and get good flavor? I started vapinng to stop inhaling combustible material. I really don't want to be vaping cotton.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
That is very weird. If you burned away the wick completely, you would have scorched lungs and the inside of the RDA would look like you had had a bonfire inside it. It didn't grow legs and walk away, so that's a bit of a mystery. When was the last time you checked if it was there? Is it possible you de-wicked it and forget that you had done so?
Can you show some pictures of your set up?

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Generally that's from too much cotton. It pinches off the flow so starts to char the cotton inside the coil. Eventually enough is "gone" so it falls away when you take it apart to clean.

Rather than all burning off at once, I suspect that as the cause. And, while vaping that way, and depending on flavor, it may just seem unusually harsh, or downright bad.

IME, rayon holds up a bit better than cotton, so you may want to try that.

Reactions: supertrunker
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread