• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Fasttech Veterans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
I use them mainly when going to the vape meets, put each mod & atty in separate ones then put them all in a shoulder bag, that way they can bang against each other without getting damaged, I originally bought 2 x 5 but I had a leakage and one got damaged with juice, so i just threw it away, suppose I could have washed it but couldn't be bothered as they are so cheap :)
Not often I take one out, but when I do, I either wear something with a small pocket or take a bag that has a neat phone pocket. Always wary of leaks from tanks, so usually use an Evod for out and about as I've never had one leak ...so far!

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
I stopped using the two I had in use due to the sudden poor taste from the coils ..they often tasted really nasty. I suspect it was a bad batch as I had the same result with coils from three different suppliers.
Where do you get your coils from?

Have you seen the new Triton due out soon: Aspire - Aspire Triton Has top fill and choice of two sub-ohm or 1.8ohm coils. If there's a good review, I may try one when the price gets sensible!

The coils I have been using so far came from myepack and FT - no probs to date. I have just got some new ones from electronic tobacconist that I have yet to try.

dw117

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2014
Kernow
Is the Lemo Drop any good?

Bit late getting to this but I still use mine that I bought off terry.

I don't mind the filling method but bob is right the lemo 2 is easier to fill. Only advantage I've found is that at least with bottom filling you always get it right. I find occasionally with the lemo 2 it floods a little when filling, other times using the exact same method it works perfectly. Speed is important I think.

Anyway the lemo drop is nice, but I find I have to fill it often as it doesn't hold much over 2ml once you've left some air in it.

I'd go for the lemo 2 if I were you, it is an improvement overall.

Reactions: trouble1000

dw117

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2014
Kernow
Bob Im having a bit of a problem connecting Gs Air's to spring loaded mods.They connect to the Subox and Mini Jedi no problem but not the iSticks or the Cool Fire 4.Any ideas butty,I've cleaned the threads with an old toothbrush and soap.It feels like they fighting against the spring loaded pin
Don't have one I'm afraid but does the 510 pin on the tank protrude from the threads? And if you push it up yourself with a finger or screwdriver does it move?

Also not sure if those spring loaded mods you have do live resistance reading or do you have to fire them to check the resistance of your coil.

If they do read it live try slowly screwing the tank down and see if they read anything at any point.

Edit: my istick 50w does read live

trouble1000

PV Master of Valinor
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Rochdale, Lancs, GB
www.puffin-eliquid.com
I seem to recall that testing and findings was from 2013, so long before the sub-ohm bug evolved I think.
The whole article says something like once mixed and stored, the molecular changes can occur. So it happens in suspension.

Well that makes sense. I know that liquids do change over time, steeping being a good example.

But you'd still need access to equipment and stuff to make liquids ;) - apart from that, I've often laughed at the phrase 'No man is an island' ...'cos I'd be prepared to give it a go! :)

I've thought about that, I'd need a nice little speed boat to pop to the nearest island that has a Post Office to get my supplies shipped in :laugh:. Plenty of solar panels and wind turbines for electricity so I can store my supplies in the freezer, plus I'd need to charge my batteries. I might want to live on an island, but I don't want to slum it :laugh:. Plus I could call my box mods Desert Island Mods :laugh:

I suppose it would need a bit more commitment - just thought for the odd 'special'.
Not taken much notice of Sticker bombs :unsure:

I'm spending loads of time researching at the moment on different ideas I have. Think I've got box mod OCD :laugh:

Paramol were a wonderful find when my husband had a trapped nerve in his spine. They eased the pain while the chiropractor managed to free it enough over a few sessions.
None of this type of painkiller is a good idea for more than a week or so though - can do a lot of damage long term as you no doubt know.
At the risk of 'wagging a finger', overtime isn't everything - don't overdo it if you can help it :)

I've got myself down to the bare minimum dosage now, where I find the discomfort acceptable. The Dr prescribed the meds to be taken 4 times per day - I'd be a zombie if I did that :eek:

The overtime is just for the times when I finish later because I'm having "stretch breaks" regularly :D

Our sons back is OK at the moment (had a disc removed after an accident) but he's been called out on rest days/nights far too often lately due to sickness, holidays and shift shortages across the board - he's really weary now. No end in sight really long term - it can only get worse as they make further cuts in so-called 'essential' public services.

Same problem at my place. But at least our overtime is voluntary. Glad to hear your Son's back is better now, back pain is awful.

Not sure about press fit parts, most of those you are talking about would be too small for vape grips, they don't always work on really tightly seized tanks, but then I use one inside the teeth of a wrench (protects the atty from damage by the wrench)

True, I tend to use elastic bands and vice grips. It's still a great idea though.

ECITA have gone a step further, although I think, that is too far, in saying that all American liquids should be taken off the shelves if they do not have proper testing documents to prove they are okay.

Does sound like a knee jerk reaction. A lot of the smaller companies just won't have the resources for such testing. Plus the prices will have to go up, to cover all the extra costs.

Actually a nasty tablet to take for too long - it's really only meant for short term relief. - think there was something on one of the morning shows recently about codeine based tablets.

I know they can be addictive as their an opiate type. I'll be going back to the Dr's pretty soon, to get further tests organised. It's definitely something I feel needs investigating further.

Sad day
The iStick 50 has finally died.Bought it a new sleeve as it was getting scratched up.It paid me back by constantly firing in my pocket,took my tank off and it was still going.No atomizer was on the screen but still constantly firing,the 10s warning would come up,then fire again.

Turned it off and it started firing again ,tried that a few times and couldn't stop it firing.In the end it went in a bucket of water

So maybe I was a bit precocious but I wasn't taking any chances.Bought from a cheap website in the UK.

That is bad news mate. Sounds like the chip has got some issues with it auto firing like that :(

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Reactions: Marcus1970

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
The coils I have been using so far came from myepack and FT - no probs to date. I have just got some new ones from electronic tobacconist that I have yet to try.
Mine were from Myepack and FT too, plus UKEcig, and although it was before I started writing the supplier/date on the box, I think they must all have been from the same manufacturer batch - horrible taste.
I may try using them again with some new coils.

I've thought about that, I'd need a nice little speed boat to pop to the nearest island that has a Post Office to get my supplies shipped in :laugh:. Plenty of solar panels and wind turbines for electricity so I can store my supplies in the freezer, plus I'd need to charge my batteries. I might want to live on an island, but I don't want to slum it :laugh:. Plus I could call my box mods Desert Island Mods :laugh:
What you want isn't called island, it's Utopia :laugh: ....still, if you find it, do let me know!

I'm spending loads of time researching at the moment on different ideas I have. Think I've got box mod OCD :laugh:
Ah ..the doctor can give you stuff for that too! :rolleyes: :D

I've got myself down to the bare minimum dosage now, where I find the discomfort acceptable. The Dr prescribed the meds to be taken 4 times per day - I'd be a zombie if I did that :eek:
4xD is OK for initial few days of intense pain relief if needed (as long as you tolerate the specific painkiller & dosage), but after a few days, not good.

The overtime is just for the times when I finish later because I'm having "stretch breaks" regularly :D
Yes, 'course it is! :sneaky: :laugh:

Same problem at my place. But at least our overtime is voluntary. Glad to hear your Son's back is better now, back pain is awful.
Not good at all - he was on some pretty drastic painkiller stuff for best part of a year ..we paid for a scan, lo, an injured disc needed removing! :rolleyes:
Still gives him trouble now and then, but not too bad if he's careful.

Does sound like a knee jerk reaction. A lot of the smaller companies just won't have the resources for such testing. Plus the prices will have to go up, to cover all the extra costs.
Did you see where I mentioned Chefs get their batches tested? That's why they've discontinued some if they're not top sellers or need testing, and won't know until the current batch is tested as to whether they'll have to reformulate some.
It looks as though the Jamaican ginger has been reformulated because there's some in the clearance at reduced price and some at full price in the Chefs Blends main liquids. Been a while since I had any so tried a new bottle but haven't used any yet.
Wasn't too sure if he meant that MCV flavouring was amongst those being tested - I'll see what he says when he replies. It would explain Ash saying he wasn't sure if they'd still sell the concentrate for it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bobw1951

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
I got mail:
Mostly flavouring from DV and Chefs plus a bottle of Grandmas Lemonade.

The Grandmas Lemonade was made 8 days ago so I've tried some - proper lemonade taste with a very nice & good lemon flavour. Not bitter and has a decent sweetness.
It's not what I'd call powerful in flavour, but more than acceptable for me, and I like a good level of flavour. I can almost detect a very light hint of something like grapefruit on the exhale. Almost mouth watering.
Using it in a Subtank Nano with 1.2 coil on 20W iStick at 8W.

The flavouring I got from Chefs was :FW Mocha - FA Bavarian Cream - Capella Toasted Almond.
As I thought, all will probably mix beautifully if needed. I envisage the Mocha being the main part with the Bavarian Cream & Toasted Almond to taste.
The Mocha seems very nice from just a drop taste.

The flavouring I got from DV was:
Mint Choc Chip - a drop taste gives me menthol overtones ..doesn't bode well for my taste.
Mississippi Mud Pie - a drop taste is good, perhaps a gentle chocolate.
Vanille Francaise - A recent addition to the range, a drop taste seems like a good basic vanilla flavouring
Custard - again, just a drop and It tastes like the patisserie custard with a hint of Sicilian lemon! Nice.
Crème Anglaise - a drop tastes extremely good...creamy ice cream vanilla. Hope it makes up as good. ..must make some of this as I think it'll also mix well with the FW Mocha I got from Chefs!

I'm finding it very useful to have a little 'library' of flavouring ..the weak strawberry ice cream I got during this past week has just been given a boost with a healthy squirt of Chefs Choice Strawberry ..see if that improves it!

Last edited:

Marcus1970

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2014
Wales
I got mail:
Mostly flavouring from DV and Chefs plus a bottle of Grandmas Lemonade.

The Grandmas Lemonade was made 8 days ago so I've tried some - proper lemonade taste with a very nice & good lemon flavour. Not bitter and has a decent sweetness.
It's not what I'd call powerful in flavour, but more than acceptable for me, and I like a good level of flavour. I can almost detect a very light hint of something like grapefruit on the exhale. Almost mouth watering.
Using it in a Subtank Nano with 1.2 coil on 20W iStick at 8W.

The flavouring I got from Chefs was :FW Mocha - FA Bavarian Cream - Capella Toasted Almond.
As I thought, all will probably mix beautifully if needed. I envisage the Mocha being the main part with the Bavarian Cream & Toasted Almond to taste.
The Mocha seems very nice from just a drop taste.

The flavouring & got from DV was:
Mint Choc Chip - a drop taste gives me menthol overtones ..doesn't bode well for my taste.
Mississippi Mud Pie - a drop taste is good, perhaps a gentle chocolate.
Vanille Francaise - A recent addition to the range, a drop taste seems like a good basic vanilla flavouring
Custard - again, just a drop and It tastes like the patisserie custard with a hint of Sicilian lemon! Nice.
Crème Anglaise - a drop tastes extremely good...creamy ice cream vanilla. Hope it makes up as good. ..must make some of this as I think it'll also mix well with the FW Mocha I got from Chefs!

I'm finding it very useful to have a little 'library' of flavouring ..the weak strawberry ice cream I got during this past week has just been given a boost with a healthy squirt of Chefs Choice Strawberry ..see if that improves it!

I got my grandmas lemonade today it smells good haven't had a chance to try it yet.This is my favourite Strawberry concentrate Sweet Strawberry Capella Flavour Concentrate (New) - Vapable its good on its own but mixed with some sweet cream it's amazing

Reactions: Pictor

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
I got my grandmas lemonade today it smells good haven't had a chance to try it yet.This is my favourite Strawberry concentrate Sweet Strawberry Capella Flavour Concentrate (New) - Vapable its good on its own but mixed with some sweet cream it's amazing
That sounds good - not too sweet? I don't like totally ripe fruit, and prefer it before it's 'soft' ripe.

I ordered three Capella flavours earlier today: Dutch Chocolate Mint, Double Chocolate & Boston Cream Pie ..think the Boston Cream Pie will make a good addition to whatever I find is a favourite chocolate flavouring.

Reactions: Marcus1970

Brynglas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
ΩFlint MountainΩ

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Two reg. ones are sold :cry: Just got in from the shops.Bloody shopping,can see why Trish does it online ;)

They go real quick - I only go to the shops when I really have to - do the heavy bits on-line, especially seeing as I don't drive and have to rely on public transport or shank's pony

Brynglas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
ΩFlint MountainΩ
Found an interesting little thing out last night Bob.
Not much really,but i have one of the first 2000 Lemo 2's.
The e-leaf brand is engraved into the tank rather than being laser etched as on the later ones(#2001+)
Now't much really,just a bit of interest.

Brynglas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
ΩFlint MountainΩ
Looks like this.....

rsz_dscf0002.jpg

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Two reg. ones are sold :cry: Just got in from the shops.
Aw! shame!
Bloody shopping,can see why Trish does it online ;)
:D ...and just about to do it.

They go real quick - I only go to the shops when I really have to - do the heavy bits on-line, especially seeing as I don't drive and have to rely on public transport or shank's pony
I can't stand supermarkets - people with unruly children poking me in the head with a plastic sword as they sailed past perched on the trolley, the tiny one with the metal basket as big as he was that belted me on the shin, the sour faced lady that told me (yes, told me) to move away from the cards as her wheelchair bound mother wanted to look, impatient people at checkouts rudely try to push you off the end with their trolleys before you're finished even though you're packing as fast as you can ..and then you find you left your card in the machine in your haste ...I told the last two to back off and wait their turn as I had because my money was as good and hard earned as theirs was, and I also had pressing matters to attend to! The look of shock on their faces, and the knowing smile on the checkout lady's faces said it all :)
In the interests of sanity, I avoid them at all costs if possible now. ...and by shopping in-store, did you ever work out how many times you pick each item up before it ends up on your plate? ...aw, don't get me upset about supermarket shopping! :grr: :laugh:

Reactions: Bobw1951
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread