RDA Mutation V4 coil builds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mden89

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2015
Wahwik, Rhode Island
I was running dual twisted 26g in mine @ .25 (took it out the other day to soak and clean it), and 90vg juice. Whats the vapour production like? Also have you tryed closing the side airflow off alltogether?

I am running this on a single 30a 18650 hammer mod and the ramp up time on the twisted and parallel builds is too long imo to get much vapor production. The vapor is weak as it is and this build ramps up under .5 seconds

Cacique

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2014
Orlando, FL
You might want to try smaller coils on a mech. I use mine on a Sigelei 150 at over 100w, right now using a 3.5mm ID 24g 10 wrap dual coils and before used 7 wrap dual parallels, same dimensions. Huge clouds but I wonder if I can find a build for more. These coils are huge and take up a lot of space in the RDA when wicked, so they won't work well in a mech IMO. I still sometimes like to close some of the airflow, sometimes all of the side airflow even though I'm at 150w usually when using my MXv4.

Edit: A thinner gage wire like 28 might work better than a smaller coil, but you could try something like a micro. I punched in .22 at 26g on steam engine and it's a cooler vape. I would imagine that combined with the big airflow would make it harder to get clouds.

Mden89

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2015
Wahwik, Rhode Island
You might want to try smaller coils on a mech. I use mine on a Sigelei 150 at over 100w, right now using a 3.5mm ID 24g 10 wrap dual coils and before used 7 wrap dual parallels, same dimensions. Huge clouds but I wonder if I can find a build for more. These coils are huge and take up a lot of space in the RDA when wicked, so they won't work well in a mech IMO. I still sometimes like to close some of the airflow, sometimes all of the side airflow even though I'm at 150w usually when using my MXv4.

Edit: A thinner gage wire like 28 might work better than a smaller coil, but you could try something like a micro. I punched in .22 at 26g on steam engine and it's a cooler vape. I would imagine that combined with the big airflow would make it harder to get clouds.

Ya i might need to get a high gauge wire to thin it out. Its a very, VERY cool vape and i have a feeling thats why im not getting much vapor.

Mden89

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2015
Wahwik, Rhode Island
I was running dual twisted 26g in mine @ .25 (took it out the other day to soak and clean it), and 90vg juice. Whats the vapour production like? Also have you tryed closing the side airflow off alltogether?

No i have not tried closing the side airflow off altogether. Mainly because i purchased this RDA specifically for the airflow. Would you buy a brand new Ferrari and drive it around the city all day, staying under the speed limit? Or would you take that bad boy on the open road and let her rip.

Reactions: opticruby

opticruby

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2015
UK
No i have not tried closing the side airflow off altogether. Mainly because i purchased this RDA specifically for the airflow. Would you buy a brand new Ferrari and drive it around the city all day, staying under the speed limit? Or would you take that bad boy on the open road and let her rip.

Good point :) but I carnt buy a Ferrari because I spend all my money on my vape addiction so I'll never feel the wind through my hair as rip down the open road ;)

I do agree with the lower gauge and the air-flow is kinda killing things off alltogether for you.

Reactions: Mden89

Mden89

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2015
Wahwik, Rhode Island
Good point :) but I carnt buy a Ferrari because I spend all my money on my vape addiction so I'll never feel the wind through my hair as rip down the open road ;)

I do agree with the lower gauge and the air-flow is kinda killing things off alltogether for you.

I took the RDA off the Hammer mod i was using and put it on my FU and its night and day different! All of a sudden its firing up instantly and holy crap can you say clouds. I guess the hammer mod is a cheap clone after all and not an authentic like this FU. Ill be sending it back :(

Reactions: opticruby

opticruby

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2015
UK
I took the RDA off the Hammer mod i was using and put it on my FU and its night and day different! All of a sudden its firing up instantly and holy crap can you say clouds. I guess the hammer mod is a cheap clone after all and not an authentic like this FU. Ill be sending it back :(

The fuhatten is a fantastic mod. Maybe its a contact problem on the hammer. Glad you got things sorted though. I think I'm going to get a build back in my mxv4, it got kinda pushed on the shelf for the volicity.

Mden89

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2015
Wahwik, Rhode Island
The fuhatten is a fantastic mod. Maybe its a contact problem on the hammer. Glad you got things sorted though. I think I'm going to get a build back in my mxv4, it got kinda pushed on the shelf for the volicity.

Funny you say that! I was on the fence between this Mutation and the Velocity. How do they stack up 1 v 1?

Mden89

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2015
Wahwik, Rhode Island
Instead of big dual coils, what about smaller, "married" quad coils? Like quad 6 wrap 26g on a 2.5-3.0mm bit, with the coils positioned so the two 6 wrap coils on one side look one big 12 wrap? Just a thought to throw out there

Ive never heard of this before. Do you have any pictures to provide as examples? Im a bit confused by what you mean

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
Ive never heard of this before. Do you have any pictures to provide as examples? Im a bit confused by what you mean

image.jpg
image.jpg

Best example of it is this on a comp Kennedy:
image.jpg

None of those built by me, all found on Instagram

opticruby

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2015
UK
Funny you say that! I was on the fence between this Mutation and the Velocity. How do they stack up 1 v 1?

On a 1 v's 1 I think the velocity maybe. Way more airflow than you could ever need big post holes but I havent really had time to do much on the mxv4 will probly start trying some builds on it tonight. If you've not got a velocity yet the clones by tobecco are really good I've got the authentic and 2 tobeccos and I really carnt tell any difference between them.

Reactions: Mden89
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread