Automatic EGo style battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
What are you going to use for a tank, etc? Many of them will not work with an auto battery.
There are a few ego style batteries that are automatic, but I think none of them have 510 threads and maybe not ego sized threads.
I have some 808 threaded ego style batteries, but manual and the cone/ego threading on them is smaller than Ego cone threading on a standard Ego battery.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
i am looking for an EGo style automatic battery

I believe Janty made some and still does. Might want to look around. I think they made some that were 650mah?

you can also get a 808D-to-510 adapter to use but 808D to ego adapters not around since they have to be unsealed to work on an auto SI batt. Autos don't work well with adapters anyway. :(

I use a similar type adapter on my Joyetech Ecab, (which is NOT auto) one of the few form factors left that is like the exact size of a small cigar. I can use small 510 threaded cartos on it instead of the Ego tank system + type A atties. I love my ecab dearly and they are also......gorgeous. :)

Automatics can be REALLY convenient for many vapers. It is a shame that somebody didn't take that technology to a further limit, make one that you don't have to puff on real hard to get to fire, and make one that lasts a longer time w/out recharging, and that can take different toppers.

Although automatic, by it's design, would probably not heat up a coil very well, by the time your puffing "activated" it, which is why manuals were better, when you press the button there is a few seconds where the coil on atty/clearo gets a chance to "heat up" .

Industry has shot self in foot in this regard, because on a hobbyist forum you're less likely to see interest in this, as well as smaller simpler devices, even though there are MANY vapers who still want those things.

Unfortunately, 808D and cigalikes are mostly only form factor you can get that are automatic. Seems to me a company like NJOY or someone can make an "automatic" with a little more life and the proper toppers to go with. .....maybe somebody will.

By the way, a lot of people like the Mig Cigs:
Mig Cigs ® | 4 inch Super Power Automatic E Cig Battery

4.2v output and its regulated.......

Last edited:

Pamawoman

Too Blessed To Stress
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2012
Orlando
Thank you for the info. I use different clearos trying to find the right one. The one that has the best draw for me is iclear16s, but I am sick of the leaking and I use high VG and burn them out really fast. It looks like I am going to try a few others but they are eGo threaded and I have tried the adapter on my Smokeless image Autos and it just ruins it. So thank you I will be trying the autos you mentioned. My husband thinks I am crazy but he is so happy that i quit the stinkies he doesn't mind the money I am spending. LOL

Reactions: DavidOck

Pamawoman

Too Blessed To Stress
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2012
Orlando
I bought 2 eGo autos from smoketek.com. They work great, but as was said only certain clearos work with them and no tanks seem to work. My nauti and K1 are a no go on these. so I am going back to using just Smokeless Image twists with a vivi nova tank. I don't know why I ever tried to change. I think I will stick with being juice junkie and give up on the hardware nonsense. I am quite happy with my SI gear. LOL Thanks for all the help.

Reactions: DavidOck
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread