ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere

Papillon61

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2015
Sunshine Isle
Speaking of Evod coil heads do you do like I do? Even with a brand new coil head I always remove the silica and replace it with cotton, with another sliver of cotton on top as flavour wick. I really love the evod coils for their simplicity - no problem re-installing the chimney either, like it is with the Kanger BDCs Wick loses taste? - remove the cotton, dry burn and rewick. Love them.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Speaking of Evod coil heads do you do like I do? Even with a brand new coil head I always remove the silica and replace it with cotton, with another sliver of cotton on top as flavour wick. I really love the evod coils for their simplicity - no problem re-installing the chimney either, like it is with the Kanger BDCs Wick loses taste? - remove the cotton, dry burn and rewick. Love them.
I usually remove the silica and wick with cotton. the silica value coils I got were good enough that I used them until they needed changing then rewicked. I recoil as needed.

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
Lol...I have enough pieces and parts and rayon to tide me over for a while. Some from 6 months ago when I didn't know about washing and dry burning got pretty gunked up. Some, I just tossed and got a new pack cause I didn't know better. Some have been cleaned a few times after I started saving them. Now I know better, I have a nice little baggie full of freshly rayon rewicked ones. If any popped during recycling or were duds (thank you for not many of those, Kanger), they were taken apart, and I saved all the pieces. Now, I have 100 pre-made wicked coils on the way. Hubby says that hoarding coils, I prefer to think of it as always being prepared...LOL!!!!!!

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Yes it does, but you are missing out on one of life's most rewarding experiences my friend.

50th anniversary 1May15.

splendid.gif
NOW - That's something - 50 Years together . . .
yes-speech-bubble-smiley-emoticon.gif

AnimatedClappingSmileyAwesome.gif

2sgn045congratulations.gif

As soon as you completely give up, she'll THEY WILL find you.

7b43aaf31f.gif
SO True - So True . . . .
thumbsup.gif

BTW: Fixed that statement for Ya' . . . :facepalm:
AND - JUST As An FYI: For some of "Us" it could be a "He" . . .
846120dbkflotc04.gif

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    I just pull the old Rayon out, dry burn and rise the coil and rewick with fresh Rayon. Just a couple of minutes and I am good to go, can be done anywhere if need be. :D

Just pull rinse out the Rayon Silica, and dry burn, can be done anywhere if need be. ;)
    Note how much shorter your sentence is now. :lol:

mauricem00

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 18, 2015
    carson city nevada
    I think we hubbies who truly love our wives will be this way no matter what. No, we are not blind; we just don't care that your Barbie Doll figure from 30 years ago is no longer the way you look on the outside, and your love handles do not bother us anywhere near as much as they bother you. Most women (not pointing fingers at you or Wifey) cannot believe the man in their lives doesn't want them to stay 20 years old forever and surely we must be judging you based on what you used to be, or that we grab your butts today just because we are horny roosters (or blind). I find this to be a lack of belief/trust on the woman's part that the man is capable of loving her for who she is, not what her body looks like. It just happens that my wife is my best friend on this planet and even if her fall down the dungeon stairs had screwed her head on backwards, that wouldn't change. I just figure if that had happened, she could sit with her back to me while we talked face-to-face. :?: It would make it rather hard for her to get her Binkie to her mouth...

Sigh,
    Fuzzy
    my girlfriend is still 115 lbs but she suffers from chronic depression,ptsd and only has a 7th grade education but I would not trade her for all the money in the world. love is funny that way.seems to be a strange kind of insanity us men catch when we meet the right woman.women seem to be too insecure to recognize this but it is real.

mauricem00

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 18, 2015
    carson city nevada
    A relationship that doesn't move beyond physical attraction is doomed to fail. It's a fun way to start, but doesn't fulfill our deeper needs. Maybe someday I'll have that..... Gotta get that first stage first, with nary a prospect in sight :p
    Sent with one hand, the other is busy vaping.
    give it time. I spent my life on the road and had more than my share of "one night stands" I was 57 years old when the "love bug" finally caught me.I was really surprised at what I finally fell for but I think there is someone out there for all of us

mauricem00

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 18, 2015
    carson city nevada
    Are those Protank heads?
    those are complete GS- H2 tanks. if you are just looking for coils that will work in the protank 2 I have used these and they work well https://www.fasttech.com/product/1613800-coil-heads-for-gs-h5-gs-h2-clearomizer-10-pack.the GS-H2 is not a bad tank. I have a few and for the price the can be considered disposable. they are great for use in situations where you do not want to risk your glass tanks. the protank, mt3, evod. and gs-h2 and gs-h5 all seem to use the same coil

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 16, 2015
    elsewhere
    those are complete GS- H2 tanks. if you are just looking for coils that will work in the protank 2 I have used these and they work well https://www.fasttech.com/product/1613800-coil-heads-for-gs-h5-gs-h2-clearomizer-10-pack.the GS-H2 is not a bad tank. I have a few and for the price the can be considered disposable. they are great for use in situations where you do not want to risk your glass tanks. the protank, mt3, evod. and gs-h2 and gs-h5 all seem to use the same coil
    Are the coils that come in them any good?

mauricem00

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 18, 2015
    carson city nevada
    Just learn to build your own..... Even cheaper yet, and highly satisfying when you start getting them down. For the kanger heads, I coiled on a large sewing needle. No idea what size, but it just fit into the wick slots.... It held the coil in place nicely while pinning the legs. Start out doing simple spaced single coils (much less likely to get hot legs with spaced coils).
    these work great for winding coils and are dirt cheap $1.93 Vaping Coil Winding Jig Tool for Rebuildable Atomizers - stainless steel / 1.5mm + 2.0mm + 2.5mm + 3.0mm + 3.5mm sections at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping I prefer a 2.5mm form for evod style coils because it holds enough cotton to seal the coil without flavor wick which gives me a little better airflow without flooding when I use high PG juices

TFL!

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2013
    Chatfield, MN, USA
    Kinda pricey. $1 each for the insulators? Cheaper to buy a 5 pack of value coils for 3.99 for parts alone. That makes the insulator cost .80 each and you have the rest of the parts too.

Lots cheaper here:
    clonecores - 50-pack Silicone Insulators for Coil Rebuilding

If you look at the link provided in my post it shows the whole head without silica or wire for from $1.00 to $.70 depending how many you buy. Also you can buy the metal parts. Click on the drop down list.

Reactions: TrollDragon
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread