Peanut butter chocolate chip :)
image.jpg

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
Those are easy to make. I guesstimate on everything lol. I've been making candy and cookies since I was old enough to stand in a chair and stir the bowl lol.
When I was a kid I would spend the first week of Christmas holidays with my aunt, we would bake cookies, cakes, and pies. We made any and everything. If it's candy, we probably made it, peanut brittle, divinity, and the list goes on and on lol
If ya ever need quick, simple, no-brainer recipes, hit me up, I'm full of em :)

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Those are easy to make. I guesstimate on everything lol. I've been making candy and cookies since I was old enough to stand in a chair and stir the bowl lol.
When I was a kid I would spend the first week of Christmas holidays with my aunt, we would bake cookies, cakes, and pies. We made any and everything. If it's candy, we probably made it, peanut brittle, divinity, and the list goes on and on lol

I experimented a couple of xmas's ago with making some lower-sugar cookies for my mom the hopeless diabetic and sugar addict; they didn't turn out very well, using splenda in place of half the sugar. Sugar does this caramelizing thing, and without that, the cookies were too dry. :(

Andria

Reactions: NancyB

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
I experimented a couple of xmas's ago with making some lower-sugar cookies for my mom the hopeless diabetic and sugar addict; they didn't turn out very well, using splenda in place of half the sugar. Sugar does this caramelizing thing, and without that, the cookies were too dry. :(

Andria
My mother-in-law uses stevia instead of sugar, she says it works great :)
Splenda is too powdery it doesn't caramelized.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
My mother-in-law uses stevia instead of sugar, she says it works great :)
Splenda is too powdery it doesn't caramelized.

Maybe I'll try that next time. My mom is just determined to eat sweets, morning noon and night, despite everything her doc and all her family members say. So I need to find a way to give her what she wants, without giving her all the sugar she so desperately doesn't need.

Andria

Amraann

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2011
Florida
Need pics.

I have pics but I cannot figure out how to get them to post from my tablet to here. More to the point from my text messages or emails to my tablet and then to here.

I have a very funny story to share with you all ... (well at least a cute one if not funny)

My friend has a 4 yo daughter and being that her hubby is active duty and she is very patriotic, she felt is was due time this weekend to teach her 4 yo the Pledge of Allegiance.
So she reported that her daughter really did a great job in memorizing and reciting it...... Except for one tiny ittle thing..

Instead of "One Nation Under God" She keeps saying "One Nation Oh My God"
:)

Amraann

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2011
Florida

It is weird I am realy a great cook... but baking cookies and cakes and such I fail at. Maybe it is because I do not really like sweets?
I did manage to once melt chocolate in my fondue pot for a Thanksgiving I was hosting. (Served with fruit, graham crackers etc)
Prior to that I tried to melt chocolate with my niece ... Seriously went through 3 packages of chocolate chips.
Tried the microwave directions on the package.....twice.... NO...
So then I tried the Double pan method... again a huge fail.

I finally told my niece (Ahnicka) that auntie would take her to the candy store at the mall and buy her whatever she wanted.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
You can't use regular splenda.... They make some specifically for baking. Works fine for baking, but don't try to make fudge with it...... Comes out almost like taffy :p
Sent with one hand, the other is busy vaping.

That's very interesting; is it new? I haven't seen anything like that at Walmart, where we buy probably 60% of our groceries -- but that might not mean anything, since we're certain that whoever does the ordering for our local Walmart can't possibly have an IQ over 75. Probably less.

I'd really prefer to use some type of sucralose, as it's the very first artificial sweetener I've ever been able to tolerate; to me it tastes *almost* identical to sugar; there's something different about it, maybe it's the "body," but it's really close, in taste. And I know my mom shares my feelings about it, though she grew accustomed to saccharine and nutrasweet from decades of diet soda. She's that weirdo you'll see and think, what's wrong with this picture? Eating chocolate cake and drinking a diet doctor pepper. :facepalm: :D

Andria

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
It is weird I am realy a great cook... but baking cookies and cakes and such I fail at. Maybe it is because I do not really like sweets?
I did manage to once melt chocolate in my fondue pot for a Thanksgiving I was hosting. (Served with fruit, graham crackers etc)
Prior to that I tried to melt chocolate with my niece ... Seriously went through 3 packages of chocolate chips.
Tried the microwave directions on the package.....twice.... NO...
So then I tried the Double pan method... again a huge fail.

I finally told my niece (Ahnicka) that auntie would take her to the candy store at the mall and buy her whatever she wanted.
My wife is the baker in the family. A few years ago, she was on a whole grain/organic health kick. She got a grain mill and would grind organic wheat berries into flour and made her own bread and whole wheat chocolate chip cookies (which were actually really good and was a huge hit). With school, she hasn't had much time to do any baking.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
I have pics but I cannot figure out how to get them to post from my tablet to here. More to the point from my text messages or emails to my tablet and then to here.

I have a very funny story to share with you all ... (well at least a cute one if not funny)

My friend has a 4 yo daughter and being that her hubby is active duty and she is very patriotic, she felt is was due time this weekend to teach her 4 yo the Pledge of Allegiance.
So she reported that her daughter really did a great job in memorizing and reciting it...... Except for one tiny ittle thing..

Instead of "One Nation Under God" She keeps saying "One Nation Oh My God"
:)

When I started school in the fall of '67, both grammar schools I attended had a mandatory stand and say the Pledge of Allegiance every day. When I got to high school, instead of us doing it, every morning during the announcements over the loudspeaker, it was read aloud to us. Maybe it's because of it being the south; they had to re-indoctrinate the concept of American citizenship since 1865, when swearing to the Pledge of Allegiance was required in order to get one's Civil Rights back -- voting and such. I've heard that up north, the morning recitation is often the Gettysburg Address, with which I'm acquainted, but not "by heart".

Andria

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
That's very interesting; is it new? I haven't seen anything like that at Walmart, where we buy probably 60% of our groceries -- but that might not mean anything, since we're certain that whoever does the ordering for our local Walmart can't possibly have an IQ over 75. Probably less.

I'd really prefer to use some type of sucralose, as it's the very first artificial sweetener I've ever been able to tolerate; to me it tastes *almost* identical to sugar; there's something different about it, maybe it's the "body," but it's really close, in taste. And I know my mom shares my feelings about it, though she grew accustomed to saccharine and nutrasweet from decades of diet soda. She's that weirdo you'll see and think, what's wrong with this picture? Eating chocolate cake and drinking a diet doctor pepper. :facepalm: :D

Andria
Was your mom diabetic before or after the diet soda? Because recent studies have shown that for some people, prolonged use of artificial sweeteners can actually cause them to develop Type 2 diabetes.

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
When I started school in the fall of '67, both grammar schools I attended had a mandatory stand and say the Pledge of Allegiance every day. When I got to high school, instead of us doing it, every morning during the announcements over the loudspeaker, it was read aloud to us. Maybe it's because of it being the south; they had to re-indoctrinate the concept of American citizenship since 1865, when swearing to the Pledge of Allegiance was required in order to get one's Civil Rights back -- voting and such. I've heard that up north, the morning recitation is often the Gettysburg Address, with which I'm acquainted, but not "by heart".

Andria
Growing up and going to public school in NY, I do remember reciting the Pledge of Allegiance in elementary school. Don't remember doing it in junior high or high school though. When my kids graduated from high school, they did recite the Pledge of Allegiance at the start of the graduation ceremony though. Never heard about reciting the Gettysburg Address. Maybe that was something that was done in Pennsylvania?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread