Last of the titans- Reo Grand clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
I had a look at the video and almost immediately noticed that the door was on the other side of the mod compared to my Reo Grand. Interesting, but IMO hardly enough of a change to avoid legal issues down the road.

At around 1:27 I notice the guy is unscrewing the atty to screw it on.

I thought about that for a few seconds and said to myself, "Self, they flipped this video horizontally".

Or I've flipped my lid :sneaky: :shock:

My dog thinks it's me ;)
I thought the same thing man. I was thinking to myself. Where did he find that reversed threaded atty ? LOL

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
I had a look at the video and almost immediately noticed that the door was on the other side of the mod compared to my Reo Grand. Interesting, but IMO hardly enough of a change to avoid legal issues down the road.

I thought about that for a few seconds and said to myself, "Self, they flipped this video horizontally".

My dog thinks it's me ;)

ETA: Had another look and the first 0:24 seconds of it are not flipped.

I think my dog is wrong :2cool:

I thought the same thing man. I was thinking to myself. Where did he find that reversed threaded atty ? LOL
And reverse threaded bottle.

I was looking thinking things were flipped, but it would have had to have been vertically also when they had it laying horizontally across the screen.

Still waiting on mine.

Anybody else order one?

ETA; Pretty sure they just put the door on the other side of the mod.

Tapatyped

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
And reverse threaded bottle.

I was looking thinking things were flipped, but it would have had to have been vertically also when they had it laying horizontally across the screen.

Still waiting on mine.

Anybody else order one?

Tapatyped
I can't find one to order. I was going to at GearBest, but it has been backordered.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
I can't find one to order. I was going to at GearBest, but it has been backordered.
I don't think that was clear when I ordered. I'd like to think I wouldn't have ordered if it were.

Though considering it's cheap and I don't need it, who knows. I've had a lot going on recently.

For some reason I can't log on to gear best to check my status, either. Even says my email Addy isn't in the system. I ALWAYS sign up when I purchase. Dunno what's with that...

Tapatyped

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
I don't think that was clear when I ordered. I'd like to think I wouldn't have ordered if it were.

Though considering it's cheap and I don't need it, who knows. I've had a lot going on recently.

For some reason I can't log on to gear best to check my status, either. Even says my email Addy isn't in the system. I ALWAYS sign up when I purchase. Dunno what's with that...

Tapatyped
I just checked the backorder has been lifted ! Clickity the mouse ! LOL

Reactions: beckdg

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago

My dog thinks it's me ;)

ETA: Had another look and the first 0:24 seconds of it are not flipped.

I think my dog is wrong :2cool:

Yeah if you look at the part where he is screwing in the bottle, he's turning the bottle the wrong way; so yeah, the video seems to be flipped horizontally

Reactions: Ryedan

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
The clone should be right handed. That vid is mirrored for some reason.

I bet your right. I'm just having trouble visually processing how a horizontal mirror would flip the turning direction and orientation vertically also.

Probably just an issue with the internal processor I've been equipped with for this particular stay on the globe. :blink:

Tapatyped

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
I bet your right. I'm just having trouble visually processing how a horizontal mirror would flip the turning direction and orientation vertically also.

Probably just an issue with the internal processor I've been equipped with for this particular stay on the globe. :blink:

Tapatyped
The more I look at this vid. It looks defective. I was reading a forum from the UK. The Chinese supplier had mentioned that the first run was defective. That's why there was a delay on the release. Hopefully we'll receive good one's. LOL

Reactions: beckdg

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
Oh man....i should have seen this sooner...i just bought two reos...alll that money i spent.....
Nah...I'll take Rob's cratsmanship and most importantly his awesome customer service over the clones....

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
Good for you man. Hopefully the tubing nipple has been switched to stainless steel. The chrome plating has worn off and there is brass exposure in my authentic REO.

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
20150707_091915.jpg

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
Good for you man. Hopefully the tubing nipple has been switched to stainless steel. The chrome plating has worn off and there is brass exposure in my authentic REO.
The new 510's are indeed stainless steel, and adjustable. A lot beefier than the old brass/chrome ones too. Rob will upgrade them pretty reasonably.

I'm still waiting to see an actual photo of this clone, or a video, not just more stolen and recycled images...

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
The new 510's are indeed stainless steel, and adjustable. A lot beefier than the old brass/chrome ones too. Rob will upgrade them pretty reasonably.

I'm still waiting to see an actual photo of this clone, or a video, not just more stolen and recycled images...
Cool. I'll send it in when the clone arrives. I need a bf for work. Thanks for the heads up. I really wish China would design a great bf with a nice chip though.

Last edited:
Reactions: ENAUD

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
Cool. I'll send it in when the clone arrives. I need a bf for work. Thanks for the heads up. I really wish China would design a great bf with a nice chip though.
I'd like a good quality BF, as in REO/Provape build quality, chipped BF too :) If yours isn't already an LP, I've had him do the milling to LP and new 510 on a used one, turn around time was 1-1/2 days from his shop. 6 days total door to door to door ;)

Reactions: B2L
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread