GLASSMANOAK'S Contest Thread #99 ...for WINNERS and with MULTIPLE WINNERS !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
7/5
We all worked yesterday. One of the hazards of being self-employed AND tied to the tourist industry. Didn't even watch any fireworks much less set any of 'em off. Actually, I'm not really a fan of celebrating American Independence by setting off Chinese fireworks made in Mexico...

But that doesn't mean we aren't celebrating.

Today, we have everyone coming over... 11 peoples in our tiny house... and on the new porch!

There's 3 gallons of different teas, water, and of course, coffee.

We've got homemade coleslaw, homemade potato salad, a relish tray with pickles, olives, carrots, celery, crackers, fresh cheese, and hummus.

On the grill we have chevre steaks and chops and sautéed mushrooms.

Homemade strawberry ice cream for dessert.

81f4e5763c86b3d35fdcbcb140024a4a.jpg

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
7/5 #4
Have a great day Uncle....
Shawn that sounds like fun.........I agree about the fireworks....I can't wait to see how the laser light shows went in California...
I don't have any leftovers as I only bought what I wanted to eat....
There is another airplane show today and it's beginning soon...I only took 1 photo yesterday as I decided to enjoy it...but it shows how close they came to my place.....I will get it up later on...
vil-automn.gif

bellastarr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
USA
7/5
...don't think ...just DO it :D ...If I had to think about everything I had to do, I'd NEVER get anything done..:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::tumble::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::glug:.the getting started is the hardest part for me...

LOL.. that's why I never get anything done :lol: Off to the grocery store in a few, but first I'm going to stop by Taco Bell and get me something to eat. :)

Hubby is grilling out ribs tonight since we didn't get to last night.

Have a great day everyone.

rangerrobin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Northern California
7/5 #3
7/5
Spent the entire night browsing sites looking at gear. Filled 4 or 5 carts... tomorrow, I'll cull my selections back a bit. Monday, I'll pull the trigger...

I know that means I'll be missing some sales, but most of the gear I wanted was excluded from the sales prices anyways... *sigh*
One thing that irks me, with some of these sales, is that some of the advertised items are "out of stock" before the sale! :confused:
7/5
We all worked yesterday. One of the hazards of being self-employed AND tied to the tourist industry. Didn't even watch any fireworks much less set any of 'em off. Actually, I'm not really a fan of celebrating American Independence by setting off Chinese fireworks made in Mexico...

But that doesn't mean we aren't celebrating.

Today, we have everyone coming over... 11 peoples in our tiny house... and on the new porch!

We've got homemade coleslaw, homemade potato salad, a relish tray with pickles, olives, carrots, celery, crackers, fresh cheese, and hummus.

81f4e5763c86b3d35fdcbcb140024a4a.jpg
Wow, you really know how to throw down! Now, I'm hungry. :drool:

:tumble:

tiggerrts

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2012
Texas
7/5

Well that was nice of you Count...just what kind of cake and pie was it that you enjoyed for me? :p

What are you going to eat for me Tiggs...still stuck with nothing much substantial here, so must still live vicariously through you guys! :D

7/5 - 5: Grilled pork ribs, smoked for three hours, will that work?

angelphyre

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
MS Gulf Coast/NOLA
7/5

Mmmmm...all sounds so good...got my mouth watering again! :drool:

Hubby is grilling out ribs tonight since we didn't get to last night.
So what time should I be there? :p

7/5 - 5: Grilled pork ribs, smoked for three hours, will that work?
Oh yes definitely...sounds delicious! Maybe I should swing by you first on my way to Bellas! :D

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
7/5

7/5 #3
One thing that irks me, with some of these sales, is that some of the advertised items are "out of stock" before the sale! :confused:
Wow, you really know how to throw down! Now, I'm hungry. :drool:

Yeah... I got the sales email "15% OFF sitewide! Use code xxx!" So I went to the site and snagged an item I'd been looking at for a long time. Then, during checkout, I get the message "the coupon cannot be applied to the items currently in your cart."

So, I went elsewhere and spent more on a similar item... but their coupon worked...

Throw down? We only do this a couple times a year... takes a week to get ready and 2 weeks to recover/clean up...

ae3ada8c9d7519d82470bdd3a060cd8c.jpg

CountBoredom

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2014
San Diego, CA, USA
7/5 #4
Well that was nice of you Count...just what kind of cake and pie was it that you enjoyed for me? :p
Chocolate cake and Cherry pie.

Honestly, I didn't really see any hardware sales that were special enough for me to open my wallet. I'm still thinking about the drip tips that Uncle mentioned a while back... maybe if I order a birthday present for myself in a week or so...

sun-through-the-trees-in-the-forest-321-1920x1080.jpg

jpf880

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2011
oHIo
7/5

My weekend begins. I stopped on the way home from work and got a rack of ribs to cook on the grill tonite. Last nite Wifey and I only had a couple burgers on the grill because my son wasn't home and it was a little later when I got home. They won't be ready tonite till 9:30 or 10:00, the bad thing they take a long time to get them good but the good thing is how good they are!

rangerrobin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Northern California
7/5 #5

jpf - TGIF!

Count - Scary! I'm glad he's okay.

The only good deals I saw were on items that were out of stock! :facepalm: Kept me good for VaperCon which is this coming Friday. ;)
I'm going to meet an ECF friend there face to face! :banana:

Last edited:

bellastarr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
USA
7/5
2. Just woke up from a nap. I did get most of my stuff done today. Went to Wally World and got the things I needed, went to Taco Bell, and hit up a couple of other places. Still need to go to one more grocery store to get some things, I'll get around to that tomorrow maybe. Came home took a nap and have some ribs waiting for me to eat. I'm still stuffed from Taco Bell right now though.

o what time should I be there? :p
They're ready, come on over girl.

I didn't see too many good deals of hardware either, the only one I saw I bought :lol: I did see a lot of juice sales, but I just stocked up on my favorites a couple weeks ago. I've learned not to buy too much of one juice, because what I can't get enough of this month I can't stand the next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread