• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Got TFA flavors!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
The Bilberry is excellent. I usually add some Capella NY Cheesecake. But since you pretty much ordered fruit flavours I really don't think you need to mix them up. However you can of course. I've tried just about every fruit flavour you've ordered there and none of them are bad. Sometimes people will add a little lime or lemon to add a little tart. Once in a while I will add a few drops of lemon juice (yellow plastic lemons you can buy at most supermarkets) to give it a little flavour pop.

Last edited:
Reactions: Clark Kent

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
I have an M class on the way too! I figured I needed a mod that would be good-looking enough, expensive enough and compact enough to stop myself from drooling over every other mod that comes out in this over populated market atleast for a year!

Did you get your Sx Mini yet? I just bought the HCigar VT DNA 40 (V.5) and it's really nice. I was extremely lucky though, as I got it in a flash sale on GearBest for $99.00 versus the regular $170.00.

nwasiq

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2014
Cheonan
Sorry I couldn't reply earlier, been very busy. No man, the guy who's sending it to me is finding it very difficult to get the time to do so. He sent it in June and a month later, DHL returned it to him because the idiot forgot to print out the korean part of my address that I gave him -_-

That's nice! So did your views change regarding temp control being completely unnecessary?

alljokingaside

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2015
Busan, Korea
Sure, but I'm more into non-fruits.

Strawberry Cream
TFA Strawberry Ripe 7%
TFA Bavarian Cream 3%
TFA Vanilla Swirl 2%
No heat steeping
I figure a cakey flavor might work well with this one. A friend compared this one to strawberry ice cream. Sadly, I'm not the biggest fan of strawberry ice cream =/

Chai
TFA Chai 7-8%
FA Marshmallow 1%
TFA Vanilla Swirl 2%
TFA Bavarian Cream 3%
Cinnamon Danish 2% (Using the MBV blend, but I'm gonna substitute TFA Cinnamon Danish for it soon)
A daily. (Also just got TFA Clove and FA Catalan Creme in so I'm gonna try and see what % works there)

Coffee
Coffee (self-extracted) 9%
Bavarian Creme 3%
Marshmallow 2%
EM 2%
This one's pretty good, but a dirtys up coils quickly. Usually vape it near a wick/coil change. Also, added Vanilla Swirl to one batch, but I didn't care for it much.

Andes Mint (Based on Bill's recipe)
TFA Double Chocolate Clear 9%
TFA Creme de Menthe 5%
Koolada <1%
EM 2%

Key Lime Pie/Cookie (based on Bill's recipes)
TFA Key Lime Pie 13%
FA Cookie 5%
Bavarian Creme 2%
EM 1-2%
A daily

I also have a Cherry Coke, Mt Dew Code Red, a Honey Cherry Tobacco blend, Caramel Apple, and a Cinnamon Danish-ish blend I'm testing out with the new shipment from Ameliquid. Can post as I figure out percentages.

Last edited:
Reactions: Waddle

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
Sorry I couldn't reply earlier, been very busy. No man, the guy who's sending it to me is finding it very difficult to get the time to do so. He sent it in June and a month later, DHL returned it to him because the idiot forgot to print out the korean part of my address that I gave him -_-

That's nice! So did your views change regarding temp control being completely unnecessary?

I don't think I ever said "completely unnecessary", but what I said was " I'm also not convinced the temperature limiting chips are the way to go yet." And the key word here is "yet". This technology is still pretty much in its infancy and there are still a lot of problems with TC, but I digress.

The HCigar VT 40 is a great device regardless of whether you use Kanthal, Nichrome, Ni200 or Ti wire. And for $99.00 I couldn't resist. It feels like it could have been designed by the same people as the SX Mini, but for considerably less money, and includes an authentic Evolv DNA 40 (v.5) to boot. Win-Win.

Last edited:

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea

Strawberry Cream
TFA Strawberry Ripe 7%
TFA Bavarian Cream 3%
TFA Vanilla Swirl 2%
No heat steeping
I figure a cakey flavor might work well with this one. A friend compared this one to strawberry ice cream. Sadly, I'm not the biggest fan of strawberry ice cream =/

Chai
TFA Chai 7-8%
FA Marshmallow 1%
TFA Vanilla Swirl 2%
TFA Bavarian Cream 3%
Cinnamon Danish 2% (Using the MBV blend, but I'm gonna substitute TFA Cinnamon Danish for it soon)
A daily. (Also just got TFA Clove and FA Catalan Creme in so I'm gonna try and see what % works there)

Coffee
Coffee (self-extracted) 9%
Bavarian Creme 3%
Marshmallow 2%
EM 2%
This one's pretty good, but a dirtys up coils quickly. Usually vape it near a wick/coil change. Also, added Vanilla Swirl to one batch, but I didn't care for it much.

Andes Mint (Based on Bill's recipe)
TFA Double Chocolate Clear 9%
TFA Creme de Menthe 5%
Koolada <1%
EM 2%

Key Lime Pie/Cookie (based on Bill's recipes)
TFA Key Lime Pie 13%
FA Cookie 5%
Bavarian Creme 2%
EM 1-2%
A daily

I also have a Cherry Coke, Mt Dew Code Red, a Honey Cherry Tobacco blend, Caramel Apple, and a Cinnamon Danish-ish blend I'm testing out with the new shipment from Ameliquid. Can post as I figure out percentages.

If you're looking for a good Cinnamon Danish try Capella. The Capella NY Cheescake and Graham Cracker are also excellent. I've been experimenting a little myself with Chocolate and having a difficult time. I always seem to get a Cocoa flavour but little in the way of true Chocolate. And that’s after trying several different companies. Blueberry was another difficult one but have had some luck with Flavor West and Flavor Art. A lot of people also rave about the FA cookie, but I just can't seem to make it pop.

Last edited:

nwasiq

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2014
Cheonan
I don't think I ever said "completely unnecessary", but what I said was " I'm also not convinced the temperature limiting chips are the way to go yet." And the key word here is "yet". This technology is still pretty much in its infancy and there are still a lot of problems with TC, but I digress.

The HCigar VT 40 is a great device regardless of whether you use Kanthal, Nichrome, Ni200 or Ti wire. And for $99.00 I couldn't resist. It feels like it could have been designed by the same people as the SX Mini, but for considerably less money, and includes an authentic Evolv DNA 40 (v.5) to boot. Win-Win.

Definitely, a hundred dollars for that thing is a steal. I'm usually not a fan of non black, silver or grey mods but the blue on the HCigar VT looks really nice. Which color did you get? And when do you expect to receive it?

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
Definitely, a hundred dollars for that thing is a steal. I'm usually not a fan of non black, silver or grey mods but the blue on the HCigar VT looks really nice. Which color did you get? And when do you expect to receive it?

I've had it for about 2 weeks now. I took the black one. Considered the blue, but it was a quick impulsive buy (flash sale..lasted maybe 1 hour at 1:00 A.M.) and I figured black goes with everything. I wasn't sure if the blue would stand out too much. But the black is nice and it's durable.

Not like my black IPV mini where all the finish came off in a matter of months. I put a wrap on my IPV and it's okay. If wasn't such a dependable device I would have been a lot more angry.

nwasiq

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2014
Cheonan

Strawberry Cream
TFA Strawberry Ripe 7%
TFA Bavarian Cream 3%
TFA Vanilla Swirl 2%
No heat steeping

Thanks!

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
So how's the temp control vape? What has your experience been like?

Yeah the finish on the IPV mini is horrible but since I got it, I couldn't really justify buying any other mod (except for the M class ofcourse!). Where did you get a wrap from? Ebay? That sounds like a great idea

Well in the short period of time I've had it, I've come to the conclusion it's overall good but not perfect. It certainly works well with RDAs where dry hits are a bigger concern. But the problems people have encountered are keeping the base resistance constant. At least now with the DNA 40 V.5 there is atty lock. If, for example, you take it outside from a cold room to a hot day this can change your base resistance. The DNA 40 is constantly redefining this base resistance. So you may have to constantly re-adjust the temperature setting.

Ni200 is an absolute pain to work with..so soft. And your connections must be really stable. Grub screws are preferable in your atomizers since they don't back out. It's certainly not as forgiving as Kanthal.

Once its set up it can be quite pleasurable with consistent flavor. Coils tend to gunk less. But I still like Kanthal and find I use it probably more than Ni200 out of convenience. Titanium wire is a possibility but temperatures are off by about 100 degrees lower. I see now that a few new mods have an actual setting for Ti.

I'm in full agreement with you on the SX Mini, well worth the money if you can afford it.

FastTech now has the IPV Mini wraps. But if I remember correctly, I think I did buy it off eBay and paid too much. But at the time there were no other wraps available. AliExpress or whatever they are called might have them too (Sticker Bomb).

Last edited:

Dragonvape

Oct 11, 2015
South Korea
EcigExpress has a little bit of everything except for TFA flavour concentrates. But they do carry the "Signature" line which is made by TFA.

DIY E-Liquid, Electronic Cigarettes and Wholesale Nicotine & E-Cig Juice | EcigExpress

My favorites:

1. FlavorArt ...my absolute favourite supplier. I've gone to buying direct out of Italy now because I like them so much.
2. Capella Flavor Drops
2. The Flavor Apprentice (TFA).

Be careful about buying flavour concentrates, read up on diketones. VG and PG are readily available in Korea. Getting base nicotine will be your biggest issue.

Is it expensive to ship to Korea? I was considering ordering Capella Flavors... (maybe 8 oz?)

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
Is it expensive to ship to Korea? I was considering ordering Capella Flavors... (maybe 8 oz?)

I normally spend about $20-25 on shipping. I imagine you could probably ship about 15-20 bottles (200 ml) for this price. Shipping is reasonably fast ... 6-10 days to Korea. Make sure you look for a coupon code with ecigexpress for discounts. Also check out the supplier forums as they are a registered supplier and often post weekend deals for particular flavour companies. The Capella flavours for the most part are pretty good. What flavours were you think about buying?

Reactions: Dragonvape

Dragonvape

Oct 11, 2015
South Korea
I normally spend about $20-25 on shipping. I imagine you could probably ship about 15-20 bottles (200 ml) for this price. Shipping is reasonably fast ... 6-10 days to Korea. Make sure you look for a coupon code with ecigexpress for discounts. Also check out the supplier forums as they are a registered supplier and often post weekend deals for particular flavour companies. The Capella flavours for the most part are pretty good. What flavours were you think about buying?

Definitely gonna go for the Vanilla Custard or Graham Crackers. Seems like the Vanilla Custard is quite popular with Vapers online. PG/VG is so cheap online here that I figured I should get some quality flavors and mix it up myself.

Reactions: Waddle
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread