• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Fasttech Veterans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brynglas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
ΩFlint MountainΩ
I can't stand supermarkets - people with unruly children poking me in the head with a plastic sword as they sailed past perched on the trolley, the tiny one with the metal basket as big as he was that belted me on the shin, the sour faced lady that told me (yes, told me) to move away from the cards as her wheelchair bound mother wanted to look, impatient people at checkouts rudely try to push you off the end with their trolleys before you're finished even though you're packing as fast as you can ..and then you find you left your card in the machine in your haste ...I told the last two to back off and wait their turn as I had because my money was as good and hard earned as theirs was, and I also had pressing matters to attend to! The look of shock on their faces, and the knowing smile on the checkout lady's faces said it all :)
In the interests of sanity, I avoid them at all costs if possible now. ...and by shopping in-store, did you ever work out how many times you pick each item up before it ends up on your plate? ...aw, don't get me upset about supermarket shopping! :grr: :laugh:

:laugh:
You love it really.

Brynglas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
ΩFlint MountainΩ
No, really ...I do not! :laugh: ...absolutely b----y hate it! ...with a vengeance! :D

Me also.
I don't think it's just me getting older but standards are pretty low nowadays,people just don't show a modicum of manners anymore.
Everyone thinks they are important,and you are just something to be brushed aside.

Rant over :laugh:

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Me also.
I don't think it's just me getting older but standards are pretty low nowadays,people just don't show a modicum of manners anymore.
Everyone thinks they are important,and you are just something to be brushed aside.

Rant over :laugh:
Rant away, I totally agree. My days of annoyance in the supermarket began 10 plus years ago.
I well remember the rot setting in with people becoming totally intolerant and inconsiderate regarding other people. Think the first instances were so called 'road rage', and then we noticed it spreading to all public places.
Some said it was insecurity after 9/11, but I don't buy into that notion. For some reason, it seems to stem from a generation of thirty something's who rebelled for whatever reasons, and instilled the same selfish lack of values and respect in their offspring -such simple words and attributes, and things which came to us as almost second nature.
Even teachers don't take as much care in encouraging the development of decent human beings.
We're now into a third generation of these moronic sections of society, and I doubt we'll get rid of them any time soon. They're changing the face of what made British people pretty unique.

Not saying everyone is the same, but unless there's winds of change, they will be one day.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
I have looked into that. But I'd want to get a proper wood turning lathe, bit too pricey for me. It would be ok making mods for my own use with basic chisels etc, but it would take a lot of time, which I don't have much of :(.
Found you a nice antique lathe ..only £67:

$_57.JPG

Reactions: Bobw1951

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Looks like the perfect cure for that bad back :D
Oh no, I found an industrial iron pulley that would do the trick with that! :D

Excellent price! Not too sure I need any more yet, but that may be too good to pass on! ;) Thanks :)

________________________________________________________________________________

If anyone has wanted to try Highbrow e liquid, there's a good offer on until tomorrow - 20% off and a free 10ml bottle of a new one: Coffee Cake.
The orders can be customised for PG/VG, extra flavours added or total flavour doubled etc.
I personally like - all with extra flavour - the Tiramisu, Dark Chocolate, Heavenly Macaroon (with extra almond), Crème Brulee, Belgian Waffle, Cheesecake Torte (nice with anything that goes with cheesecake) etc.
The Cappuccino Diablo is a creamy sweet coffee, Caramel Cake a nice light sweet cake, Dark Chocolate Mint ..bit mild, needs plenty of flavour.
I also have the Vanilla Bean and the RY4, but can't find them! Haven't tried them either :laugh
Anyway, if anyone likes plenty of flavour, they all benefit from a request for double flavour.

Happy 4th of July from Highbrow!
To celebrate we are offering a 20% discount and we will also be adding a 10ml bottle of our newest Coffee Cake Flavor to all orders placed Saturday through Monday.

Click the banner below to visit Highbrowvapor.com

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
I got mail :)

White Subox from FT.
Checks out genuine here: tesa connect'n'check (it's a double check too)

Very nice ..smart, magnetised black & white box and the mod is a lovely matt warm white - the tank is a slightly cooler white ..different type of paint finish no doubt.
Has all the usual accessories etc.
Haven't put a battery into it yet - will try it later to make sure it works, and then probably put it in my 'stash' - or I may wash the black one and put that away instead! :)

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
They may have done a few in the past but now it's all their flavours

EDIT: Just looked on Chefs and they don't have any under the concentrates tab
They changed it to 'Master Bakers' (Master Baker Concentrates - ChefsVapour) when MB had to remove a lot of their flavours/liquids - think MB may have reformulated them now.

Cloudhouse have always had the concentrates too and they get them direct from MB.

Reactions: Bobw1951

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
I got mail:
Despite the controversy surrounding them regarding Diacetyl/diketones, I got a bottle of Bowden's Mate - although it's 50/50, I can easily add 20% of a decent chocolate 100% VG.
It has a pleasant mint aspect ..a very clean mint, but in comparison, the chocolate seems weak for my liking, but seeing it'll get 20% of a VG chocolate added to it, it may not be too bad.

I'm still seeking out the best good, dark, full bodied chocolate to add to two NT ones that need more VG adding to them: Got Cookie and The Cure, so I now have a number of chocolate concentrates to try, and think it likely I'll also find one suitable to add to the overly minty Bowden's Mate and another that I have.

I got three Capella Chocolate Concentrates today ..Double Chocolate seems good, and the Mint Chocolate may have possibilities. Not sure about the Boston Cream Pie - perhaps the choc/mint concentrate wrecked my taste buds temporarily.

I just hope that one way or another, the MCV returns to Chefs, because so far, I've found nothing like it.

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
When it comes to Castle Long,i have deaf ears regarding certain rumours.

I'm still going through various US ones, which may or may not contain them, I think at the percentages involved, those of us that are 40+ shouldn't have too much to worry about, we're more likely to get run over by a bus or die of old age :laugh:

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Haven't had any vapemail for a while now, got 4 batteries on their way from UKeCS (Vaping Outlaws Xtreme 18650s 2500mAh 40A), my YiLoong VF TC Squonker from BoldVape has just shipped via MyHermes, so should get that on Thursday, and I have 3 pre-orders in 2 with FT an iStick TC and Cloupor 80W TC, and from UKeCS a VaporShark VF [LargeScreen DNA40] cheaper than an original DNA40 Vaporflask.

Reactions: Brynglas
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread