Status
Not open for further replies.

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
Sorry about the extremely poor quality but after I realized I needed more light, the battery went dead. It quits doin it at 45 seconds (just as I go VOILA with my hand signal) and workin ok now. Still haven't operated yet because I was tryin to get a better video first. Tired of this, I'm goin in :)

Last edited:

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona
Sorry about the extremely poor quality but after I realized I needed more light, the battery went dead. It quits doin it at 45 seconds (just as I go VOILA with my hand signal) and workin ok now. Still haven't operated yet because I was tryin to get a better video first. Tired of this, I'm goin in :)

Dying to see if it's going to be something obvious or not causing these issues...
Keep the 30-06 handy in case it makes a move towards you!

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
Well it's nothing obvious. Almost not worth takin up space but here's the story so far

Took the four torx screws out. The 2 on the bottom are shorter than the top.
30w disassembly 1 001 (640x480) (400x300).jpg

Separated the black strip from the clear one and gently slid the screwdriver the length to loosen and peeled it off. Take care with the adhesive and it will remain sticky for re-use. I believe it was here I noticed a half inch long baby scorpion on my left hand and thumped it off. Shoulda got a pic. :)
30w disassembly 1 002 (640x480) (400x300).jpg

There is also a small retainer piece at the top of the fire button to remove, then remove the 3 switch buttons by just slipping them out. You can also slide the clear plastic lense out at this point
30w disassembly 1 006 (640x480) (400x300).jpg

This thing was glued in, so I had to scrape glue out of the track and end of battery and forced the board a little, then the battery a little until it finally loosened and slid out easily after about a third of the way. Push from the bottom do that it comes out the top. Continued in next post

Last edited:

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
There was only a small amount of eliquid on the fire button and top of the chip. I blew air in it and mopped up a little with a Q-tip
30w disassembly 1 019 (400x300) (400x300).jpg

30w disassembly 1 021 (400x300).jpg

You can see why the glue was holding by looking at the edge of the board and battery
30w disassembly 1 016 (400x300).jpg

I have the screen straight now but I assembled it and the thing stuck in fire mode right away. I'll tear it back down, inspect, use a circuit board cleaner and try again or do a 30.06 video :)
30w disassembly 1 023 (400x186).jpg

Last edited:

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
The mother scorpion has a slit that opens in her back and the babies crawl out. I only saw one and it was probably no more than 3 or 4 days old like these. I'd better check those "shipping" boxes I got from the dumpster where the cardboard piece from the video came.................:)
scorpio-6.jpg

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
Wow, thanks Bikenstein! I was hoping something obvious like a bad connection....sounds like bad chip.
Yeah everything looked clean and well soldered. The only thing was the silicone ran into the board. When I take it apart again I might try to get that out. It was used to firmly hold the guts inside and could only cause a problem if a component on the board is heatin up because of an insulation effect. The switches worked great with no sticking when I had it apart. Yes, Lynn there was a scorpion but I don't think it was from the istick. Could have been though. I've never seen any since I've lived here for 12 years. I wouldn't worry, they can't get out unless you take the caps off.:)

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
NC
Yeah everything looked clean and well soldered. The only thing was the silicone ran into the board. When I take it apart again I might try to get that out. It was used to firmly hold the guts inside and could only cause a problem if a component on the board is heatin up because of an insulation effect. The switches worked great with no sticking when I had it apart. Yes, Lynn there was a scorpion but I don't think it was from the istick. Could have been though. I've never seen any since I've lived here for 12 years. I wouldn't worry, they can't get out unless you take the caps off.:)
I don't intend to take the caps off! They can die in there! Lol

love coffee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Charlotte, NC
The mother scorpion has a slit that opens in her back and the babies crawl out. I only saw one and it was probably no more than 3 or 4 days old like these. I'd better check those "shipping" boxes I got from the dumpster where the cardboard piece from the video came.................:)
scorpio-6.jpg

O...M...G!!!!!!!!!!!! I need eye bleach for this one. I'll take my NC critters any day. Can I just say EEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWW?!?!?!?!:eek::eek::eek::eek: I'm not (usually) squeamish about bugs, the dang - this one is just too much.

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
O...M...G!!!!!!!!!!!! I need eye bleach for this one. I'll take my NC critters any day. Can I just say EEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWW?!?!?!?!:eek::eek::eek::eek: I'm not (usually) squeamish about bugs, the dang - this one is just too much.
I hear they are good eats. Haven't tried them yet though...:)

jerseyman32

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2014
maryland
Hi everybody I haven't been on here or followed up on all the new goodies coming out, I've been content with my istick 30 watts and my gs m tanks. But now I see eleaf is putting out a temp control 40 watt mod and nickle coils too, can someone plz explain the benefits of temp control and Nick coils. It seems to be the route alot of companies are going. Thank you

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
Does it do the same thing when all the boards are out of the case, separated and pulled away from the battery?

Battery...

It has to have an atty on it apparently. It will do it with a completely cold battery so I don't think heat is a factor. Just prior to the video it only fired for about 5 seconds before I got the ST Mini off. By the time I set up the camera it had cooled, and you see what happened when I screwed the dripper down. It's not heat, juice, loose connection, bad solder, bad switch, bad 510 connector, bad atty, the watts, the ohms, or holdin my mouth the wrong way. :) I'm gonna take it apart once more and try a couple of things before I call it bad firmware like my 50 turned out to be. The only thing I can say at this point is I did get it to turn on and work again. That's a successful operation according to surgeons. :)

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona
It has to have an atty on it apparently. It will do it with a completely cold battery so I don't think heat is a factor. Just prior to the video it only fired for about 5 seconds before I got the ST Mini off. By the time I set up the camera it had cooled, and you see what happened when I screwed the dripper down. It's not heat, juice, loose connection, bad solder, bad switch, bad 510 connector, bad atty, the watts, the ohms, or holdin my mouth the wrong way. :) I'm gonna take it apart once more and try a couple of things before I call it bad firmware like my 50 turned out to be. The only thing I can say at this point is I did get it to turn on and work again. That's a successful operation according to surgeons. :)
Operation was a success, but the patient died...:lol::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread