Need help picking a flavor for a friend

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandSam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
Oceanside, CA, USA
ACB is a solid choice, good job!! If your friend likes it, then The Virus is a next must try!
Anxious to here the results, always good to see new NuTs!

I will certainly report back once he takes his first puff of ACB :D

Megan Kogijiki Ratchford

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2013
Arvada, CO
Really, 6 months steeping for the GCD? I just got a 30ml bottle to try it for the first time. I will be old by then!

For me, yes. Other folks like it FOOB just fine. Been my ADV for almost two years, this is the way I, personally, like it. :)

GrandSam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
Oceanside, CA, USA
Update:

I gave my buddy the bottle of ACB last night. He loaded up his old Boge and said that he liked it, but it tasted odd. We stopped by a nearby shop, picked him up a mod, and stopped by my place so I could grab my extra Derringer. Built it, wicked it, and tried ACB again. Still a tad odd. I tried it myself and found that he was right, it did have a strange flavor to it. Anyhow, it was just mixed back in May, so I told him to let it steep for a month. I gave him another bottle of juice that I had made a few nights ago. I'm glad to say that he enjoyed the juice, and his new set-up. Looks like we have a new vaper, and ex-smoker!

Megan Kogijiki Ratchford

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2013
Arvada, CO
Excellent GrandSlam! :thumbs: Congrats to your friend and heading off the stinkies! :D

That ACB will come around. I just opened my bottles of GCD that I've had since Dec. 2014 and there was zero steep on it, the color was barely golden. I have it in LDPE bottles now and won't touch it until it is as dark as black coffee. ;)

Left bottle bought before the switch to glass 9/14, right bottle from glass 12/14:

RuDawg7890

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
Sinking Spring, PA, USA
Update:

I gave my buddy the bottle of ACB last night. He loaded up his old Boge and said that he liked it, but it tasted odd. We stopped by a nearby shop, picked him up a mod, and stopped by my place so I could grab my extra Derringer. Built it, wicked it, and tried ACB again. Still a tad odd. I tried it myself and found that he was right, it did have a strange flavor to it. Anyhow, it was just mixed back in May, so I told him to let it steep for a month. I gave him another bottle of juice that I had made a few nights ago. I'm glad to say that he enjoyed the juice, and his new set-up. Looks like we have a new vaper, and ex-smoker!

Awesome.
You could also have them try letting the bottle breathe, leave the cap off overnight, and try again. Give a good shake before & after.

GrandSam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
Oceanside, CA, USA
Awesome.
You could also have them try letting the bottle breathe, leave the cap off overnight, and try again. Give a good shake before & after.

Thanks RuDawg! I actually did that for him. I know that ACB has a subtle tobacco note, but I tend to breathe anything with even a hint of tobacco. The flavor was odd in that it tasted like nothing but caramel and sugar.

GrandSam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
Oceanside, CA, USA
Excellent GrandSlam! :thumbs: Congrats to your friend and heading off the stinkies! :D

That ACB will come around. I just opened my bottles of GCD that I've had since Dec. 2014 and there was zero steep on it, the color was barely golden. I have it in LDPE bottles now and won't touch it until it is as dark as black coffee. ;)

Left bottle bought before the switch to glass 9/14, right bottle from glass 12/14:

Thanks Megan! My gosh, what a dramatic change. I'll ask him to hold onto ACB for some time, and will transfer 30ml to an LDPE bottle for him. He said that he is going to use a small part of his next check to purchase DIY supplies, so that I can teach him how to mix juice. I have a recipe book that I made years ago. I am going to make him a photocopy so that he knows what flavors to buy, and how much.

RuDawg7890

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
Sinking Spring, PA, USA
Thanks RuDawg! I actually did that for him. I know that ACB has a subtle tobacco note, but I tend to breathe anything with even a hint of tobacco. The flavor was odd in that it tasted like nothing but caramel and sugar.
Sure, ok so maybe it does need some steeping. I think my ACB is all from February or March, can't remember! But the cream definitely comes about and hangs out with the caramel after a while.

GrandSam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
Oceanside, CA, USA
Sure, ok so maybe it does need some steeping. I think my ACB is all from February or March, can't remember! But the cream definitely comes about and hangs out with the caramel after a while.

That's great to hear. Fortunately he will have enough juice to last him for at least a year.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
www.nicoticket.com
Thanks Clark and Megan. A 6 month steep is quite lengthy, but I'm assuming it's going to have a 3 month pre-steep. How rich of a flavor is it? Also, what would you compare it to? If anything. My main concern is the cinnamon. A few months back I gave him a bottle of Cinnamon Roll from Affordable Vaping (similar to MBV's). He absolutely hated it, as it was too cinnamon forward/strong.

GCD is a great candidate because it's a nice strong flavor that mellows out with time - if he doesn't like the cinnamon forward just steep it properly and it will mellow out.

ACB is an obvious choice because it's so flavor forward.

I agree that CLS might be light for anyone except the drippers - I find it to be kinda light in a tank honestly. That said - it's light because it's an ADV - heavier flavors mute faster.

Don't count out Betelgeuse... it may be one of my oldest recipes, but it's damn good tank juice.

GrandSam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
Oceanside, CA, USA
GCD is a great candidate because it's a nice strong flavor that mellows out with time - if he doesn't like the cinnamon forward just steep it properly and it will mellow out.

ACB is an obvious choice because it's so flavor forward.

I agree that CLS might be light for anyone except the drippers - I find it to be kinda light in a tank honestly. That said - it's light because it's an ADV - heavier flavors mute faster.

Don't count out Betelgeuse... it may be one of my oldest recipes, but it's damn good tank juice.

Stick it in a unicorn bottle and shake regularly - it'll be done in a couple days - just keep it away from HEAT!~

Good to hear from the man himself! Thanks Kent. I decanted 30ml of ACB for him. I told him to try it in a week, and report back. He has 30ml in the glass bottle, and 30ml in a plastic bottle, I'm curious to see if it makes a huge difference or not.
Betelgeuse is probably my favorite fruit flavor, after Songbird by GC (Sorry, Kent, but Songbird will likely never lose it's number one spot...value-wise, BG takes the lead though). This is the second time I've seen pineapple done right.
CLS is certainly a nice custard, I only got to try about 30ml of my 60ml bottle due to an issue with my bottle, which was taken care of. Anyhow, it tends to pop at the 5-6 month mark. Still a mellow, creamy custard. Not as rich as other custards, but I can see it being an ADV.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
www.nicoticket.com
Good to hear from the man himself! Thanks Kent. I decanted 30ml of ACB for him. I told him to try it in a week, and report back. He has 30ml in the glass bottle, and 30ml in a plastic bottle, I'm curious to see if it makes a huge difference or not.
Betelgeuse is probably my favorite fruit flavor, after Songbird by GC (Sorry, Kent, but Songbird will likely never lose it's number one spot...value-wise, BG takes the lead though). This is the second time I've seen pineapple done right.
CLS is certainly a nice custard, I only got to try about 30ml of my 60ml bottle due to an issue with my bottle, which was taken care of. Anyhow, it tends to pop at the 5-6 month mark. Still a mellow, creamy custard. Not as rich as other custards, but I can see it being an ADV.

Songbird - what's what? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread