Status
Not open for further replies.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
I haven't been to the courthouse in a long time, so I'm not sure what's allowed in and what's not. I didn't want to risk having my mod confiscated.

Thanks for the replies. I'll find a workaround. May try the cooler.
You might want to call and ask, though that won't truly help if you have to be there Monday morning. There's no reason you should not be able to take it inside, unless they don't allow any electronic devices inside. Using it is another matter.

Reactions: cafecap

philoshop

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2014
geneva, ny, usa
In my experience with battery-operated construction tools there is no real 'danger' involved. The 'danger' is to the battery itself rather than to it's surroundings.
If a battery does happen to be exposed to high temps, for whatever reason, let it cool down before any sort of use or recharging and it'll probably survive the episode.
FWIW, I make it a point to keep my tool batteries in a cooler in the shade when I'm on a job site, because I have about a dozen of them and they cost $100 a pop.

Reactions: cafecap

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
I haven't been to the courthouse in a long time, so I'm not sure what's allowed in and what's not. I didn't want to risk having my mod confiscated.

Thanks for the replies. I'll find a workaround. May try the cooler.
I wouldn't sweat it, I live in a cultural vacuum and even the guards at my courthouse are familiar with (and don't bat an eye at) e-cigs. I just chuck mine in the tray with my keys and cell phone, I've never had an issue.

As long as it's not a weapon, you're good to go, seriously.

Worst case, they'll hold it for you at the exit, but that's a remote possibility.

nvadasz

ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2014
Beverly Hills, Fl, USA
i thought batteries go flat faster in cold weather. not sure if it works the same when it's hot.
I actually have found just the opposite. Having lived in both Michigan and Florida, I can tell you that the heat drains the batteries faster. If you're thinking of like your car not starting on a cold winter's day...remember that things contract and oil gets stiff all causing a drag on your engine...but heat is a battery killer. On another note: I find my floor counsel being a good 10 degrees cooler than the car. Most vehicles have a duct running under the counsel, in turn when you are running our A/C it's getting cooler inside the counsel, and being shaded, stays cooler longer...just saying..........

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
USA. State: Inebriated.
Nah, batteries + heat = bad, and when it's as low as 70 degrees and sunny your car (with the windows rolled up) can be as hot as 115 degrees. Very hot.

But, just so you know, the court won't have a problem with you taking your vape stuff inside. I've entered courtrooms with vape stuff, and while I need to empty it out at the metal detector, it usually just receives the odd comment/"what the hell is that thing?" from the on-duty officer. No biggie when I went.

navigator2011

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2013
Fullerton, CA, USA
I wouldn't sweat it, I live in a cultural vacuum and even the guards at my courthouse are familiar with (and don't bat an eye at) e-cigs. I just chuck mine in the tray with my keys and cell phone, I've never had an issue.

As long as it's not a weapon, you're good to go, seriously.

Worst case, they'll hold it for you at the exit, but that's a remote possibility.

This is exactly what I will do when I go to jury duty in August, just like I used to do with my smokes and lighter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread