RDA Hastur RDA by Cthulhu Mod Discusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNobody

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2015
Been using my Hauster for a bit now, long story short it's on the shelf and the Vector is back on its throne. I flavor is better on the Vector, the top cap is wobbly and I couldn't get my drip tip into the adapter (trinity copa). When you vape a lot on the Hauster juice condensates on that outer ring and when you put the top cap back on it seeps all around the atty (another reviewer on youtube had the same issue). The negative post holes are tiny, the build deck is tiny for that matter and I had issues with getting my coils in (7 wrap 24g, 2.5mm ID), even using a tiny blue screwdriver, you would be hard pressed to get anything but a simple build in there. The atty isn't bad, espically for the price but I won't be using it anymore.

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
Got mine in today and just threw a build in. Loving it so far. The flavor, for me, is on par with the Derringer and might even be better. I found it easy to build on but I'd agree with MrNobody - if you're someone who likes complicated builds you might want to look elsewhere. Me? I rock run-of-the-mill dual coils with 26g so it works excellently for me. The only con for me thus far is the Hastur logo on the side is pretty janky. I'd have preferred a logo on the bottom like tjmmotox suggested or just no logo at all. Then again, I'm more interested in the vape than the aesthetics so it's a win for me.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
I received mine I think on Wednesday and had a chance to BF it yesterday and get it setup. Quality on it is not the best I've had, but certainly not the worst. The hex key I received with it was useless and only worked in maybe 2 of the screws it came with. That is an easy fix as I will just get some replacement screws and a hex driver of the right size. I am not sure what everyone's beef with the o-rings are as mine are just fine. The one that holds on the AFC could be a little tighter, but again, that's an easy fix and mine is not that bad. BF'g it was relatively easy with one of the FD 2.5mm screws so only had to drill out the +post and grind down the head of the FD screw. Feeds and drains exceptionally well. Not sure what everyone expected for a $23 RDA!!!

I put in a solid 24g 2.5mm 5/6 wrap @ .25Ω w/ 3mm RxW. I have been running it on my 26650 Peko. The flavor definitely pops but the clouds are just so-so. It has gotten better now that the RxW has settled in. I would say this has shelved both of my Derringers for sure. I am not experiencing most of the problems I have seen posted so far and seen in YouTube vids. I don't have a problem with any leaking at all because I use it as a bottom feeder and not as a dripper, so the top cap never comes off at all. I was very skeptical of the top feed air as I have never had any luck with that in the past. I think this is better because it is more of a funneled air supply versus full on top air. I have been running it wide open and sometimes feel it could use more air overall. I would have to say for a $23 experience it has been mostly, very positive overall... It definitely won't dethrone any of my Nuppin's but the Derringers are shelved for now.

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
I've used this constantly since I received it and have had zero issues with leaking. I don't see how it would leak unless you filled the entire Atty with juice. I'm sure that it would get messy if you removed the top cap to drip but that goes for every other Atty out there. But there's absolutely no need to do so. The included drip tip is plenty big enough to drip through and if you use the 510 adapter and use your own wide bore drip tip you should be able to drip through those as well.

I agree that the vapor production is just okay but the flavor is what I'm after and it puts out excellent flavor. I see myself buying more of these.

Monotremata

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Fontana, CA
monotremata.bandcamp.com
I've used this constantly since I received it and have had zero issues with leaking. I don't see how it would leak unless you filled the entire Atty with juice. I'm sure that it would get messy if you removed the top cap to drip but that goes for every other Atty out there. But there's absolutely no need to do so. The included drip tip is plenty big enough to drip through and if you use the 510 adapter and use your own wide bore drip tip you should be able to drip through those as well.

I agree that the vapor production is just okay but the flavor is what I'm after and it puts out excellent flavor. I see myself buying more of these.
Well hell if you like it I might as well grab one too since we both seem to like the same attys for the same purpose haha. BTW did you see Angelcigs is clearing out those Bonsais for $4.99 now??

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
Well hell if you like it I might as well grab one too since we both seem to like the same attys for the same purpose haha. BTW did you see Angelcigs is clearing out those Bonsais for $4.99 now??
Interesting, I hadn't seen that. The center post on mine started spinning so its on the shelf now. I'd definitely recommend the Hastur to you. Ive only picked up my Derringers and Tugboats to change up flavors but I'm thinking about the Hastur while using them.

Monotremata

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Fontana, CA
monotremata.bandcamp.com
Interesting, I hadn't seen that. The center post on mine started spinning so its on the shelf now. I'd definitely recommend the Hastur to you. Ive only picked up my Derringers and Tugboats to change up flavors but I'm thinking about the Hastur while using them.
Mines done that once when I wrenched down the hex screw too tight once. Make sure the insulator didn't come out of the hole and tighten the 510 pin down tight. When that happened to mine it freaked out my Sigelei Mini and jumped from like 4v to 7 in the middle of a vape! Ouch.

JoshuaC

Unresolved Status
Apr 27, 2015

:thumb:the rda is designed for flavor.

Reactions: jhhollier

Wolfenstark

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Perth , Australia

I got a bonsai and centre post was loose and would pop out when screwing on the mod.
I used some quick fix - sort of supa glue stuff and glued the 510 positive into the base.
Put some around the circular delrin/plastic that pushes into the metal base.
Need to go fast depending on how fast the glue sticks , its been great ever since.

Verb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Eastern, PA, USA
I received mine I think on Wednesday and had a chance to BF it yesterday and get it setup.

How did you end up modding it for bottom feed? I just got to mine yesterday (it was waiting for me to come home from vacation). I built it to check out the performance before attempting a bf mod. I like it a lot. I usually drill the center pin to mod an atty for bottom feed. I'm not sure my skills are up to cleanly drilling the copper screw positive pin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread