Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueridgeDog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2014
Rocky Mount, VA, USA
Many times. If you search lipo on the forum you should get a number of hits. In general you can stack cells in a 3.8v arrangement (parallel) and use a standard charger. If you place them in series you will need a balance charging solution. Fuses are considered essential and that is a long topic. If you pour over the mods on this forum that use lipos and have specific questions, I am certain you can get answers.

Here is a dual lipo smallish mod: Smallish Aluminum and Purple Heart Mod | E-Cigarette Forum

bloodless2010

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2015
Please, be very careful with LiPo batteries. They are insanly dangerous, and personally I have no idea why people are using them for vaping.
The World’s Most Dangerous Battery

They are dangerous. If you overcharge them, drop them, puncture them, damage them in anyway, they will explode. It is suggested not to use them while charging. Please consider switching to a good Lithium Ion battery instead (like an 18650)

ddarlington24

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2013
usa
I do get the stigma attached to lipo's batteries as a whole their pretty safe under normal usage and the dangers of pushing the limits of this type of battery.

I would also be interested in trying to build a box with with either a parallel setup not really interested in trying to fit a balance charger in my box.

For what I'm thinking taking 2 lipo's wire them in parallel essentially making 1 cell in that setup I believe you can use the standard type of USB charger for this without the need of any balancing.

But for my own ocd I still would like to make a under current protective circuit say below 3.7v to keep my batteries in good health and prevent over discharging them.

Still trying to figure this out any well versed moders have done something similar to this?

ddarlington24

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2013
usa
Yeah I don't think I'll even be trying anything with a dna200 in it sounds like a hot mess with all the configurations available to the end user I'm not interested in that type of vape. Already have a rdna 40 it's okay but the screen is horrible glitches.

I'll be doing plenty of research on the lipo's in question nothing certain yet as far as if I will be using a chip. If I do most likely not a dna

TheRac25

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2014
The tax farm known as USA.
Please, be very careful with LiPo batteries. They are insanly dangerous, and personally I have no idea why people are using them for vaping.
The World’s Most Dangerous Battery

They are dangerous. If you overcharge them, drop them, puncture them, damage them in anyway, they will explode. It is suggested not to use them while charging. Please consider switching to a good Lithium Ion battery instead (like an 18650)

so do you work for samsung or lg? how much does that gig pay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread