Not open for further replies.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Do I really need temperature control if my temperature never goes out of control?

I don't think I *need* it... but I was following the discussion of it in another thread, and it sounds pretty useful. About never getting a dry hit -- with these new Achilles, that's a concern, since they don't have a see-thru tank and hold only 2-2.5ml -- a lot less than my Kayfuns. With a TC mod, it would alert me by drastically dropping vapor production, if out of juice -- to my mind, a much better scenario than the constant fruitless checking I keep doing, with a top cap that's danged hard to get started, it's so small and hard to grab on to.

Andria

sanguinesolitude

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2015
I think I got jinxed reading the last few pages. My MVP3.0 is jumping around when reading ohms. I thought I pushed a button the other day, but it has continued. I have not tried to lift the pin because it is fairly new, but I tried different toppers on it and it is rather consistently NOT reading the ohms like two other mods. I have a few RTAs with adjustable 510 pins and they don't seem to help getting an accurate reading from my MVP3.0. They do fine elsewhere.

I tried the toppers on my old MVP2 and they registered there fine. It seems isolated to my MVP3.0. I am wondering if it is a board issue.

Anyway, I am not a techie so I don't know how that would affect other boards within the Innokin line.
if you find a solution let me know. I just replaced my 5 month old mvp 3.0 with a kanger subox due to the ohms issue. Mine got worse and worse over time to the point where 5 fires would produces readings as high as 7.2 ohms on a .9 ohm coil. when running 25 watts through it, instant r.i.p. my coils.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
I'll chime in about TC. From a practical aspect it extends coils life significantly. Liquid sort of ebbs and flows in a wick, it doesn't appear to be as constant as we would like to believe. In conventional devices, mech and VV/VW, this can lead to "hot" burning during an "ebb". TC catches that and drops power for a few tenths of a second which mitigates the problem quite a bit.

The other thing to consider is the FDA and what they might "deem" as a safe way to vape.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
When the FDA deems it, that will be all that you can buy. Meanwhile we will have our antique collectables to display.

I have a bunch of 808/901/etc blue foam stuff that I doubt I will ever use, but hoarders and all that...

Well, those collectible antiques may still be going strong. My SVD is, wonky fire button and all. And mechs (well, many) are pretty rugged and hard to break.

Nah, not hoarders. They amass stuff just to have, well, stuff. Vape gear will be useable, with care (and maybe miscellaneous parts...), for a long time.

Reactions: motordude

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
giphy.gif

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Flint, Michigan, United States
When the FDA deems it, that will be all that you can buy. Meanwhile we will have our antique collectables to display.

I have a bunch of 808/901/etc blue foam stuff that I doubt I will ever use, but hoarders and all that...

Bear in mind Homeland Security is now the muscle of the FDA. I'm sure you saw the "raid" on a vape shop. Be advised when drones circle overhead and MRAPS are in your driveway they are after your mods. Resistance is futile. Surrender to the power of the FDA. Come over to the somewhat confused dark side.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    This was pretty much going to be just a bump, but to more specifically ask my question: I'm pretty sure that a 490 will work for me (as long as I get the right specs, which I intend to), but will that battery fit (lengthwise that is) in a 134 mini? Or is it too short? I sent an email directly to the Innokin company in China, the reply stated that I was to use a 350 and/or a 500, but I think it was just a form mail and my question wasn't really answered to my satisfaction. I could always just get a 490 and see for myself, and then just PIF it if it turns out to not fit.
    I almost asked a question in the 'Batteries & Chargers' subforum, but the 'Search' input box is my friend so I pretty much answered myself. So now this, will a 18490 fit in a 134 mini? I know what the numbers mean, and a 490 is basically a 500, just 1 cm shorter. So is this what those 'spacer things' that I've seen lately are for? And will I need one to use the 490, if I can even use it?

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    I know protected batteries are longer in length than their unprotected counterparts. I'm almost positive that's why the doc's say not to use protected batteries, because they probably wouldn't fit in the device, they would just be too long.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread