Tobacco Absolute - A Flavor All By Itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
I ordered mine from the Samara company. Is it possible to mix this one without the PGA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk with my paws :)

Mommabird62
It depends on whether separation would be a problem for you or not. I warm it and mix with vg but I still get some separation. That's not a problem for me because I mostly use a Veritas dripper anyway. If I use it in my kayfun and leave it over night, I get some little specks separating out, but that didn't seem to be a problem either because I really didn't notice any change in flavor.

It sounds like you've already ordered it so I'd say give it a try anyway. Use pg if you have it and vg if you don't.

Before you start, think about how you're going to hold that little bottle once it's warm. The darn thing's so tiny, a pot holder just won't work lol. I tore a little strip off a paper towel and used that for a pot holder.

Also decide if you want to dilute all or part of the Rustica. I have a way to measure, but even if you don't, exact amounts are not a requirement for your own use, but anyway, .5 ml of Rustica to 4.5 ml of base gives a 10% dilution. I'd also recommend glass if you have it.

I warm the Rustica by taking the cap off and nuking it 4 seconds but I think most others use hot water. Once warm it mixes pretty easy. Good luck and let us know how it goes if you give it a try.

This post from Danny has some links that might be helpful. Favorite tobacco flavoring discussion - Tobacco flavoring discussion only | Page 36 | E-Cigarette Forum

Last edited:
Reactions: mommabird62

mommabird62

squonkhead
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
NC
Thanks JD Very helpful. I have both pg and vg. Most of my recipes are done 50/50. My questioning was because I don't keep alcohol (the drinking kind) around and wondered if there was a workaround. [emoji4] I do have glass bottles that I use for most of my DIY.

Also, do the INW brand tobacco absolutes on Bull City Vapor need to be diluted down as well? From what I am getting in the descriptions, it appears that they already are.

Oh, and i use squonkers 95% of the time so juice does sit in the little bottles for a bit. Separation isn't a big issue if it doesn't effect the flavor.

Mommabird62

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
Thanks JD Very helpful. I have both pg and vg. Most of my recipes are done 50/50. My questioning was because I don't keep alcohol (the drinking kind) around and wondered if there was a workaround. [emoji4] I do have glass bottles that I use for most of my DIY.

Also, do the INW brand tobacco absolutes on Bull City Vapor need to be diluted down as well? From what I am getting in the descriptions, it appears that they already are.

Oh, and i use squonkers 95% of the time so juice does sit in the little bottles for a bit. Separation isn't a big issue if it doesn't effect the flavor.

Mommabird62
Yeal, the INW TA's are ready to go. I have the TA Cuban and really like it.

If your squonker can be shaked then the few specks that separate out won't be a problem because they'll mix right back with a little shaking. You could always take the bottle out and give it a shake as well I guess. Or just vape away, I doubt you'll notice any flavor change.

Once you mix some up you'll see what I mean, but basically your bottle of flavor will separate back out and require a lot of shaking so I just nuke it 3 seconds and give it a couple of shakes, then mix away. Once mixed in a recipe and left overnight, a few specks with separate out at the top for a little ring around the collar but those will mix back in with some shaking, no heat needed.

Yeal it's some extra trouble but well worth it for the taste imo. :vapor:

Last edited:

mommabird62

squonkhead
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
NC
Sounds easy enough. I enjoy mixing DIY so a few extra steps is no problem at all. And my squonkers can be shaken. LOL

I may try this method with the Rustica and see how it goes before I trot off to the liquor store. At worst, I can get the PGA in a mini bottle.

Thanks again for your help.

Mommabird62

Reactions: JD1

mommabird62

squonkhead
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
NC
Picked up some PGA today but the highest proof that I could get was 151. Out liquor stores here in NC are run by the state and I think that is the highest you can get.

Would I still do the dilution at 50%PGA and 50% VG or PG with the Rustica?

Mommabird62

Last edited:
Reactions: Dixie1954

tierrataz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
soCal
Looking for a change from my current ADV, I mixed 6 drops 10% Rustica and 4 drops TPA Honeysuckle in 10ml. As a shake & vape I think I will reduce the Honeysuckle a touch. The herbal quality from the Rustica plays nicely with Honeysuckle. It is a very bright mix.

Love this Rustica!

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Picked up some PGA today but the highest proof that I could get was 151. Out liquor stores here in NC are run by the state and I think that is the highest you can get.

Would I still do the dilution at 50%PGA and 50% VG or PG with the Rustica?

Mommabird62

I use everclear 190 proof pure grain. I hear 151 will do the job but does not desolve TA completely. I would try 75%PGA to 25%PG. What may help is once mixed steep it at 150F for 2 - 3 hours shaking like crazy each hour.

mommabird62

squonkhead
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
NC
I use everclear 190 proof pure grain. I hear 151 will do the job but does not desolve TA completely. I would try 75%PGA to 25%PG. What may help is once mixed steep it at 150F for 2 - 3 hours shaking like crazy each hour.

would sticking it in a crockpot with a little water in the crockpot do the trick? Got a shipping notice on the Rustica so I will probably get some mixed this coming week :)

Reactions: Dixie1954

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
That would work very nicely. Set it to low and your good to go. If you got a regular oven or meat
thermometer use that to monitor the water temp. A crock pot works very well for steeping juices also 1 hour of crock pot = 1 week natural steeping. Shake the juice after each hour.

mommabird62

squonkhead
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
NC
Rustica came in yesterday. Mixed it up earlier with the PGA/PG and 10% Rustica. Now I am warming and shaking every hour to steep. Looking forward to trying this out. [emoji4]

It mixed up nicely and it's murky with no large particles.

Mommabird62

Last edited:

Pokepie

Mar 28, 2015
Colorado
Rustica came in yesterday. Mixed it up earlier with the PGA/PG and 10% Rustica. Now I am warming and shaking every hour to steep. Looking forward to trying this out. [emoji4]

It mixed up nicely and it's murky with no large particles.

Mommabird62

Just got mine in as well. Gonna' have to re-read that dilution protocol. Can't wait to try it, but gonna' have to 'till this weekend. It sounds so exotic.

mommabird62

squonkhead
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
NC
It's pretty straight forward pokie. [emoji4] Didn't take a whole lot of time.

I splurged for the 5ml bottle to justify the shipping and figured what the heck and went ahead and mixed it all.[emoji6]

I have some more INW absolutes ordered from Bull City out for delivery as well. Been on a tobacco kick lately. I like having a variety of all types of flavors [emoji6]

Mommabird62

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Independence, Louisiana, United States
In my opinion Inawera Virginia TA brings a boldness to a tobacco vape where Garuda is better suited for a grassy leaf flavor tobacco. For a tobacco flavor like Highway that has a sweet grassy flavor to it I would add a drop or two to 10 ml of Garuda TA and for a stronger tobacco flavor like a Parliment type or USA mix I would use Virginia TA.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
Thats what I like to hear chopdoc, the grassy flavor. Getting a whiff of the Virginia TA concentrate smells to me like a open pack of cigs. I doubt I'll be able to wait the full few weeks I should let it steep before landing a taste into a PT mini. I don't nic my TA's but add the extra nic at blending time to compensate. I'm also got a big like going on for acetyl pyrazine to add that extra yum to my tobac vapes. Thumbs up to the crew in this thread who have helped me achieve and step up my vape quality to higher levels on the way to vape nirvana.:)

mommabird62

squonkhead
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
NC
Thats what I like to hear chopdoc, the grassy flavor. Getting a whiff of the Virginia TA concentrate smells to me like a open pack of cigs. I doubt I'll be able to wait the full few weeks I should let it steep before landing a taste into a PT mini. I don't nic my TA's but add the extra nic at blending time to compensate. I'm also got a big like going on for acetyl pyrazine to add that extra yum to my tobac vapes. Thumbs up to the crew in this thread who have helped me achieve and step up my vape quality to higher levels on the way to vape nirvana.:)

What percentage of the AP is good to use in the tobacco mixtures? I have some but wasn't sure how much I should use. Thanks!

Mommabird62

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread