TheTurk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2014
New jersey
Here we go ;
158ec39bed8c1bd110168fc654632634.jpg

f64db371f0e7e3c19d32f15df4c30b1c.jpg

It has the 510 from gdeals peko/gdna (fd original 510 with vented screw) which is the simplest and most effective bf 510 ive used to date

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RGLP4Lyfe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2014
PA
Here we go ;
158ec39bed8c1bd110168fc654632634.jpg

f64db371f0e7e3c19d32f15df4c30b1c.jpg

It has the 510 from gdeals peko/gdna (fd original 510 with vented screw) which is the simplest and most effective bf 510 ive used to date

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You know whats crazy Turk?! I seen that dual copper mod weeks ago and I thought to myself, if i can find a clone I'll buy it and turn that first battery slot into a bottle and sqounk hole!!

Hey, great minds think alike.
[emoji106]

Looks great BTW, how was it cutting the sqounk hole?? Got pictures yet!?

-M

Reactions: SkinyFatMan

custom-classic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2013
USA
  • Deleted by Unforeseen
  • Reason: Posting Against ECF Supplier TOS

TheTurk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2014
New jersey
You know whats crazy Turk?! I seen that dual copper mod weeks ago and I thought to myself, if i can find a clone I'll buy it and turn that first battery slot into a bottle and sqounk hole!!

Hey, great minds think alike.
[emoji106]

Looks great BTW, how was it cutting the sqounk hole?? Got pictures yet!?

-M

It was terribly hard , squonk hole took alot of time and fine tunning also recessing 510 was pain in my rear , copper is not easy to work with ( ask CC if you dont believe me ;) )
I have another copper and alu one waiting and im not doing the copper one id rather give it away , but im def. doing the aluminum one since its alot lighter im thinking itd make nice bf
Also i just saw the pics on my ipad , dayuuum ... It looks alot better in real life i promise :)

N2Vapor

Jun 30, 2015
Long beach ca
hey guys, this thread is specifically for custom built or highly modified bottom feeders.... I've seen many cool custom made bottom feeders throughout the years here on ECF but each one has there own thread that gets seen a bit by a few, then gets buried and fades away... I've seen some really cool builds but now if I wanted to find any of them I couldn't. many of us start out in the reo forum but then when we start to get into anything outside of the reo we can no longer comfortably discuss it in reoville because lets face it, reoville is paid for and sponsored for reo's, not custom mods...

we have a thread here for high end mechanical mods and we have a thread for high end VV/VW devices, well here is a place to discuss anything custom bottom feed, weather you built a masterpiece yourself or have modified an existing bottom feeder, reo or not... post it up. have questions bout building a bottom feeder? post it up... this thread is for home made or modified bottom feeders and anything that has to do with building or modifying a bottom feeder. this thread was created to have a place to discuss all things bottom feed as up until now there really was no one go to thread for building and modifying bottom feeders

I'l add some pictures of my bottom feeders later because this thread is not about my bottom feeders it's for every one of you custom bottom feeder builders out there... so lets see what you've got :D
Sounds good!!!
~n2vapor~

N2Vapor

Jun 30, 2015
Long beach ca
Ok the VV Grand was brushed aluminum with burl inlays so this one has to be a bit different.

After milling the sides by 2.5mm and the back by 3.3mm I gave it a chemical strip and then a 4 stage polish to a mirror finish. Next I'll drill out to 9mm the fire button hole to take a custom made polished aluminum button then I'll cut the wood inlays. I gave the VV Grand a set of inlaid wings but this one will have aluminum strip inlays which will also be polished to a mirror finish. Additionally this one will have a high gloss finish on the wood.

Nice !I like the all metal solid quality look and feal!and the polished shiny look great job!
~N2vapor~

custom-classic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2013
USA
  • Deleted by Unforeseen

custom-classic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2013
USA
  • Deleted by Unforeseen

custom-classic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2013
USA
  • Deleted by Unforeseen

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
so, who else is waiting on a dna200 to build into a bottom feeder? man it's going to be challenging to make a 3 cell bottom feeder that's not friggin huge but the dna200 is a sick chip, gotta figure out some way to make it work without being a monster in size :)

so I spent some of my 4th weekend finishing up some buttons on a reo conversion, figured I'd show it here may spark some ideas for someone :)

20150703_225148_zpsjmvjo2p3.jpg

20150703_225219_zpsjdqb1mrs.jpg

20150703_225257_zpsrpoyw7j0.jpg

20150704_001234_zpsjxgef7pv.jpg

20150704_001225_zpsemy5res9.jpg

20150703_225412_zps9oafbjad.jpg

20150704_001729_zpsma2xhdck.jpg

20150704_001702_zpsdbvtfysk.jpg

20150704_001608_zpsehnts8uv.jpg

custom-classic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2013
USA
  • Deleted by Unforeseen

Quigsworth

Just some guy...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2011
The Republic of Cascadia
It's quiet around here atm, probably cause we're all out on the deck vaping with friends over cocktails, the shop can wait till is cold and sh$%ty outside :toast:

First off, don't take the following as one of my usual DNA slags...in fact, I'm bordering on being a bit of a convert...I've been doing nothing but vaping the last couple months and I've been leaning heavy on my DNA30 Woodvil and my DNA40 Resin, both have been performing flawlessly and I think I may be finally "getting it" when it comes to enjoying the consistent vape, ya, there I said it...:facepalm:

...but, I've been lurking the DNA200 buzz/hype, I think some may see it as pretty disingenuous how the Evolv crew conveniently forgot all their past tut-tutting over mega-watt chips and joined the arms race but whatever, I mean a so called temp. controlled 200w chip is the definition of oxymoron though I guess they could only take so much of a beating from Yihi...however, who am I to throw rocks at a good recant ;)

I think "if" I where to build a DNA200 I think I would use it as a test bed to finally go to a Li-Poly (been kicking that around for a bit anyway and a chip that is designed to incorporate that would be a great kick-off )...but I don't think this chip will get wide spread acceptance with the bf peeps wanting to run 18650's

A 3 cell mod and bottle would just push a DNA200 bf'r outside the practical size limit...add to that the need to run Evolv's sled (cramping design ideas) or 3 separate pos. and reference connections to the board will just push it past the PITA tipping point for most...imo.

I'll wait and see what comes of these, wait till the proto-problems get fleshed out, wait till the $80 becomes $40 and maybe...then pick up a Li-poly and a charger and give it a shot, time for something new?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread