RDA Competition El Cabron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth Omerta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2015
So my usual vape gear supplier has these on sale for like $18. They said the reason for the sale is due to the fact that the units they are carrying have fairly loose airflow rings. Ive asked thos question in another thread but im assuming that no one with any experience with this rda has seen the post.

Im just wondering if this is a common issue with the el cabron? Is it really a big deal? Overall im just really wondering if its worth it, more so the time since my vape shop is in a different province.

My apologies to the mods if posting this thread when ive already asked the question elsewhere is a problem.

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
The El Cabron works like the Magma - the top cap is threaded and when you screw it down it locks the airflow ring into place. Once it is screwed down that airflow ring isn't budging. Granted, while you're screwing down the top cap the AFC ring can spin rather freely but all you have to do is hold it in place while tightening the top cap. Not a huge deal, really.

Darth Omerta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2015
Sounds similar to the Dark Horse as well. The El Cabron caught my eye a while ago but the shop I go to didnt carry it until very recently, I was going to get it as my first rda but I held off because of the warning on the sale. Im teetering on the fence between just ordering it anyway since its cheap and getting a plume veil...maybe I'll get both lol.

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
I cant go in and check it out, this shop is about a 5 hour drive from where I am and a $90 bridge toll lol. Bit pricey to save $8 on a dripper lol. I might check out the real thing though. Thanks!

I think they meant, most suppliers will send a photo over and will take the time to ensure the AFC gets locked in place... Not required to by any means but sometimes that's what it takes to make a sale...

Darth Omerta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2015
I think they meant, most suppliers will send a photo over and will take the time to ensure the AFC gets locked in place... Not required to by any means but sometimes that's what it takes to make a sale...

Ahhh makes sense. Thanks for the info everyone. Gonna order that, the GA Rampage and a couple of 50w boxes next week!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread