Not open for further replies.

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal
Kicked in the face by a horse.
Oh damm. I remember a friend of mine, when I was in 8th grade, being kicked in the face by a mule.

When he showed up in school next day he looked like... I don't know, poor kid. Anyway, after two months he was fairly ok and as far as I remember he only had a dozen or so stitches over his eyebrow. His face eventually deflated and that was the end of it.

Just the thought of taking a horse kick makes me shiver because I immediately remember the other kid.

Glad you survived it.

Regards
Tony

Sent from my keyboard through my phone or something like that.

jks89

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2015
Vermont, USA
Bs bs bs

Never tried it but its more than double what I paid for mine and to me it seems perfect. Unkamen 10.00 for 40ft why fight it, don't waste your money. Unless you want to and it makes you feel better.

All the prep stuff seems to be related to zipv or whatever ti. Mine is perfect nothing needed to be done it.

No torching and I did these coils. ti is is more malleable than kanthal but strong enough to be repositioned after wicking and hold its position when your done.

This build was wiped on all sides with scotchbrite and alcohol wipe.(my very first ti coils). No preheating at all.

This build was just wiped once with alcohol, nothing else done not even heating before I wicked it.. Rayon wicks of course. (my second ti build)

Don't waste time with micro touching coils. They provide little to no benefit unless your still using an ego or something.

It may be easier to wrap it touching around the mandrel to start because it will spring out a little to be spaced, and then you can adjust spacing. Turning a small screwdriver between the wraps spaces it nicely.

You probably mentioned this before, but what gauge is that first one? I've been thinking about ordering some 28 or 30 so I can get my resistance a bit higher in the small build deck of my Zephyrus.

On the second one I'm assuming it's just the picture, but it almost looks like flattened wire! I wonder if anyone has tried Ti Ribbon, or if that would be beneficial at all. I'd always wondered about ribbon kanthal, but never tried it.

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal
Hey I've still got some aquarium filter if any of you need it.
I have some blue square pads too :D
That was only for the l33t guys back then. You must be a pro too hu? :D
Might even have a tea bag or 20.
Actually the best were those lipton pyramid ones... Or so they said. Only tried once and it leaked all over me [emoji14]

Regards
Tony

Reactions: JeremyR

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Oh damm. I remember a friend of mine, when I was in 8th grade, being kicked in the face by a mule.

When he showed up in school next day he looked like... I don't know, poor kid. Anyway, after two months he was fairly ok and as far as I remember he only had a dozen or so stitches over his eyebrow. His face eventually deflated and that was the end of it.

Just the thought of taking a horse kick makes me shiver because I immediately remember the other kid.

Glad you survived it.

Regards
Tony

I'm glad I survived it, too. I had 18 stitches in my lower lip, the entire right half of my upper jaw was broken off my skull, maxillary sinus shattered, other large fractures including across my zygomatic arch, but only one tooth had to be removed because it broke through the root. I had a bad concussion also.

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal
Aha so you are going for the SV then Tony. Thats the one I was thinking of too. Sounds better then the cheap stuff but not a dollar a foot.
I live in good old Europe so SV = Stealthvape in the UK for me. Probably not the same SV you're thinking about :)

Buying wire across continents isn't very cost effective ;)

Regards
Tony

Reactions: druckle

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
roxy, all I can say is OUCH! Glad you got put back together although it sure couldn't have been any fun at all.

No, it certainly wasn't. The surgery to put my jaw back was worse than getting kicked.

I just realized you have a Boerboel. I have a Cane Corso, and was wondering if your dog was a Corso also. Well, they're both mastiffs :). My Corso is nearly the same color.

Reactions: awsum140

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
You probably mentioned this before, but what gauge is that first one? I've been thinking about ordering some 28 or 30 so I can get my resistance a bit higher in the small build deck of my Zephyrus.

On the second one I'm assuming it's just the picture, but it almost looks like flattened wire! I wonder if anyone has tried Ti Ribbon, or if that would be beneficial at all. I'd always wondered about ribbon kanthal, but never tried it.

Oh sorry I didn't mention. It's 28g unkamen ti, the dual coil build was .31 and the single coil is .52

Yeah it's just the close up. Other people have asked that before on other pictures I've posted in the past. I think it's because the coil is spaced so much it gives the illusion.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
I have some blue square pads too :D
That was only for the l33t guys back then. You must be a pro too hu? :D

Actually the best were those lipton pyramid ones... Or so they said. Only tried once and it leaked all over me [emoji14]

Regards
Tony

Yep Lipton I didn't care for that either. We've come a long way. IDK how many atomizers I went through the old ones that looked like a casing for a bullet. I was in the big time when I got the USB pass thru's for the pencil size batteries. Vaping was a hassle trying to get something that worked for long. I had one of those GG's that I waited for ever to get. I was stacking batteries to get more power those 123a's. One day I was out doing something and I felt this burning on my leg with my GGTS in my pocket and I forgot to tighten the nut down to lock the switch and my pants were smoking. This is right after I was showing it off to a friend telling him this was the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Reactions: jks89

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
I live in good old Europe so SV = Stealthvape in the UK for me. Probably not the same SV you're thinking about :)

Buying wire across continents isn't very cost effective ;)

Regards
Tony

Yeah but he was one of the first to have tempered nickel which was a big plus so I have dealt with and spoke to him before. It was worth the wait and money. I deal with a guy in Germany for my flavorings. More expensive then straight from Russia but the guy is so easy to deal with and makes all very easy for me to get what I want down to putting the address on the American way because the USPS is so lame about addresses put in the European way. My first package from him took a month to get to me once we got the address squared a way it only took just over a week. He is part owner in several vape shops in Germany and surrounding areas. It must really be big over there. He is the only one I deal with now for flavorings. Much better then American. He also speaks very fluent English which helps a lot since I don't speak German. He said they have the same problem with the Deutche Post so now I get my packages from him DHL

Last edited:

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Up until now I've got my titanium wire from zivipf.de, 26gauge and 28gauge.
Both wires were shiny.
I've bought some 24gauge from a B&M and it's dull, does the dull wire need a special clean, or is an alcohol swab enough preparation?
the dullnes is due to a pickling process applied to wire intended for jewelery (basically and acid treatment I think). I have some 24g and it works great. I dont really do anything with it although you could run it under some hot water maybe then give it a wipe with alcohol. I find the jewelery gr1 wire much easier to work with, it seems to be annealed more and it is hardly springy at all. Much more like kanthal to work with!

cricque

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
So i have been reading up on wires

And I was already planning on getting some Titanium wire to try on my Heatvape mini invader
I have done some ni200 builds in my lemo 2, and I like them, just need to get the lemo2 to stop leaking, but thats another problem

So Ti g1 wire is good to use as long as you do not heat it up too much is what I concluded out of the last 40 pages ?

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
So Ti g1 wire is good to use as long as you do not heat it up too much is what I concluded out of the last 40 pages ?

That pretty much sums it up! I dont pre-pulse or dry burn at all. Just clean it, coil it, wick it and vape it!

Reactions: roxynoodle

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal
Up until now I've got my titanium wire from zivipf.de, 26gauge and 28gauge.
Both wires were shiny.
I've bought some 24gauge from a B&M and it's dull, does the dull wire need a special clean, or is an alcohol swab enough preparation?

It's acid washed. No big deal really. Personally and subjectively I'm drawn to shiny things so I like shiny Ti wire but any kind will do the job :)

tehmidcap

Verified Member
Mar 13, 2015
PA
Does ringlord always take forever? Ordered 30 and 32 gauge of their cp titanium a week ago and it's still being processed.

I got so impatient that I also ordered some 26 gauge from unkamen.

I was hoping to have some like today, because my ipv3li is coming today... bah. I have no problems working with nickel and am not allergic, so I might stick with nickel, but I at least wanted to give ti a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread