What's under your lip/in your nose right now? - Part 2

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
At least I'm not alone. o_O I think the guy's a bit loopy but I never really liked the NYS crowd. When we were cleaning out mom's house he and my niece came in from the city to see if there was anything they were interested in. I never saw a guy grab their little girl so fast to avoid doing any manual labor. From what my sister said, that was pretty much his normal mode of operation. He was also quick to rainbow his picture after the Supreme Court ruling so you know he's way out there on the left bank.

Reactions: hittman

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
My oldest wants to go to NY next summer for an acting program at the conservatory. I'm not so sure about that.

If you can make it there, You're gonna make it anywhere, It's up to you, New York, New York. I don't know that a short stay will change much unless she gets those big city googly eyes. I think that's what happened to my niece. She ended up going to school in Boston (after two in Philly as she kept changing what she wanted to study driving my sister and BIL crazy with schooling bills). Then she hacked around in jobs in Boston before ending up in NYC. Quite strange for someone that grew up in a town of 2,400. Now she's immersed in the big city mentality. Her brother, on the other hand, did Bethlehem, the Allentown before returning to his home town. He wondered around in what to do with his life, met a gorgeous talented girl, spent years selling stuff (ebay during the winter, shore during the summer) while his wife was really supporting them drawing caricatures on the boardwalk.

Then they started having kids and she started up a photography business that they now both work in and are very good at. Strange how people growing up in the same environment end up at different ends of the spectrum.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I have made the mistake of letting myself get really low on my general mint and have been having a hard time getting it. A couple of times the two stores that are closest to me have been out when I stopped and I noticed that northerner, snuscentral, and buysnus are out of stock on it too. It crossed my mind to order from snuscentral while they were offering the five free cans but just hadn't pulled the trigger yet. Now this morning I find that they are sold out. There must have been a lot of people like me waiting for a sale.

Rwb1500

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 16, 2014
    South Central PA
    Well I've been on a snus adventure. I pretty much ran through my first SnusCentral order (minus the Offroad Apple... eeesh) and made a second order. I know I'm not doing this economically, but hey, it's busy season at the RWB household, so the cashflow is there for a few months, might as well.

Here's what the second order contained.

The Skruf Polar was really nice, and my first venture into something on the "strong" side. The Lab 12 is also really nice, very satisfying and a little sweet. The big winners here though were the Gotlands Summer Snus and the Oden's Cold Dry Extreme White.

The Gotlands is fantastic. It tastes so much like a strawberry I swear I can actually feel the seeds on the outside of a strawberry when it's in my mouth. It's remarkable. Only downside is that being an original portion the flavor just doesn't last. It's damn good while it's there though.

The Oden's is another story entirely. I popped the first one on a sleepy, rainy, late morning this past week. My goodness, I thought, this feels like smoking a cigarette when you haven't had one for 48 hours. Wonderful nicotine bliss. I've been using them in the morning, usually just having one when I get to work or on the way. It's changed the way I look at snus. There are most definitely snus portions that can almost instantly crush any kind of nicotine craving you might have. Beware if you're not a fan of mint burn though. It's quite tingly.

I haven't tried the Nick and Johnny or the Jakobsson's Melon yet, they are next on the hit list.

Here's a question for ya'll, if I've liked every mint snus I've tried will Thunder Frosted be any different? I'd like to find something I can grab a few rolls of that's on the cheaper side.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I really like the sommarsnus too and still have a can left. I got hooked on the nick and Johnny crushed ice for a while. It's a different kind of mint and reminds me of more like a dip flavor. I have never liked thunder frost but do like the berry and raspberry. The lemon was awful! It was basically thunder frost with a touch of lemon. I threw it in the garbage after trying to stomach two or three portions.

Rwb1500

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 16, 2014
    South Central PA
    I really like the sommarsnus too and still have a can left. I got hooked on the nick and Johnny crushed ice for a while. It's a different kind of mint and reminds me of more like a dip flavor. I have never liked thunder frost but do like the berry and raspberry. The lemon was awful! It was basically thunder frost with a touch of lemon. I threw it in the garbage after trying to stomach two or three portions.

I've been warned about the Thunder Lemon. The Lab Lemon on the other hand was really nice. I still have a little in the fridge. It's very, very subtle. Almost too subtle.

I just ordered some of the Frosted, so we'll see how it works out. Got some more of the Gotlands Sommarsnus too. And a few others. REPORTS TO COME!

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Okay, I'm officially insane. I'm currently laying on my sofa, typing, with Bella laying near my .... and Georgio laying next to me.

Georgio is the 4 month old brother of Bella. I think he's going to be smaller than the girl based on the size of his paws. I was also wrong on the breed, they're not Maltese, they're Malchis- a combination of Maltese and Chihuahua. Georgio came home with the gf yesterday because she wanted Bella to have a friend. I said no way but I'm a sucker so I'm wavering at the moment.

Reactions: firechick

Rwb1500

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 16, 2014
    South Central PA
    I'll tell you what Roth, you keep those two and I'll throw in a third free of charge. He's very well behaved and stays off the furniture.

My wife threatens to send him away once or twice a week but it'll never happen. He's our only child and she treats him like it, shenanigans and all.

Reactions: firechick

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Well, I guess he passed the one big test. As opposed to Bella, he's not intimidated by my 100 lb goldendoodle, that was a big hurdle because I can take them out together to do their business. The biggest thing was a name change since I wasn't thrilled with Georgio. He's now Gizmo and he seems to like it and the name fits.

Rwb1500

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 16, 2014
    South Central PA
    In other news I got a SnusCentral order today, Thunder Frosted White, Thunder Frosted White Dry, Thunder Primo Limo, some more Sommarsnus, and a few more cans of the Lab 7, extra strong white slim.

Only tried the Frosted White and the dry white so far. Not too bad, especially for the price, but kinda plain. No nuance here. Just mint and salt, I barely even get any tobacco. It's definitely there, the dry white is supposed to contain 27 mg/g of nicotine, and I can tell. Just leaves a little to be desired in the taste department, but definitely not a bad snus. If cheap nicotine is your aim I'd buy it by the armload.

Rwb1500

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 16, 2014
    South Central PA
    I can see Rwb, he's got quite a reach, even staying off the furniture.
    There isn't much he can't get at. He's a fiend for butter. He knows what the butter door in the fridge sounds like. Leave it on the counter for an extra second and turn away and it's gone.

Users who are viewing this thread