Status
Not open for further replies.

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    What's up with the polished kui? Looks like they removed the engraving? :oops: It was so pretty before. The black one still has it though.

I noticed that this week too @cindycated , so not sure if it will be engraved or not on the one I get, and I agree, looks pretty plain now, but as long as it works alright, then can live with it without engraving.

Reactions: cindycated

b.m.

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 30, 2014
    Ohio
    What's up with the polished kui? Looks like they removed the engraving? :oops: It was so pretty before. The black one still has it though.
    For me,that's why i bought the polished one.I don't care for the engraving on the black one,so when i seen the polished didn't have it,that's the one i went for,i'm going to sand it down and paint it anyway,and had planned on filling the engraving before paint,so this one will make it easier.

Last edited:

dethnode

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 5, 2011
    arkansas
    I feel exactly the same way, the glossy finish is turning me off too.

The only real downside I can see for the Velocity is that there really isn't an ideal airhole setup if one wanted to do a single-coil configuration, so it's really best suited for duals or even quads, which I might actually try at some point since the Velocity is far and away the easiest atomizer with which to install coils that I've used thus far. I'll snap some pics and post soon.

Looking forward to the pics, going to place my order for one today....

Reactions: eLefAdEr

eLefAdEr

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 16, 2013
    Chapel Hill, NC, USA
    Looking forward to the pics, going to place my order for one today....
    Thanks for lighting the fire under me, otherwise I might've forgotten to do this.

I suppose I could have taken a picture of the bottom feeder pin but there really aren't any surprises there. The hole is accurately machined, and the 'spout' comes off the bottom of the deck about 5 or 6mm which is great if you like to seat your coils high up, so they get soaked directly. The one post I thought was slightly askew in an earlier post really isn't that bad, it's barely noticeable even in the close-up.

tVwgPKK.jpg

Here's the gap between the Smokeless Owl and the Velocity, only noticeable at just the right angle:
    jrCHHt8.jpg

And the deck. Sorry about the mess. ;)
    pQ9gajh.jpg

One other observation/complaint is that the outer o-ring seal with the top cap isn't very tight, comes off without much effort. It's tight enough so that if I picked up the Smokeless Owl by just the top cap, it will stay in place, but if it's installed on a heavier mod it would probably come right off.

eLefAdEr

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 16, 2013
    Chapel Hill, NC, USA
    My copy of SKU: 28264 does have the notch.

Confirmed, mine has it too. But it only works when tightening downwards to make the airflow smaller, otherwise it spins when opening/turning counter-clockwise. I just hold onto the bottom section when doing that and it's not an issue.

quick edit: Actually, it does work in both directions in some circumstances. User error!

Reactions: bsoplinger

haku

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 6, 2014
    Madrid, Spain
    Thanks for lighting the fire under me, otherwise I might've forgotten to do this.

I suppose I could have taken a picture of the bottom feeder pin but there really aren't any surprises there. The hole is accurately machined, and the 'spout' comes off the bottom of the deck about 5 or 6mm which is great if you like to seat your coils high up, so they get soaked directly. The one post I thought was slightly askew in an earlier post really isn't that bad, it's barely noticeable even in the close-up.

tVwgPKK.jpg

Here's the gap between the Smokeless Owl and the Velocity, only noticeable at just the right angle:
    jrCHHt8.jpg

And the deck. Sorry about the mess. ;)
    pQ9gajh.jpg

One other observation/complaint is that the outer o-ring seal with the top cap isn't very tight, comes off without much effort. It's tight enough so that if I picked up the Smokeless Owl by just the top cap, it will stay in place, but if it's installed on a heavier mod it would probably come right off.

thank you for the pics and heads up!

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 19, 2014
    Ohio
    I love its looks, but the price is too high. You can preorder the ipvD2 for $50 right now. I chose that. My old ipv1 is still plugging along just fine after 10 months so I'm not so eager to buy weird cloner made mods anymore. All my Sigeleis are doing well, too. Cool looks aren't everything.

Although my Wotofo ZNA is still fine as well.

Reactions: Steelshade

eLefAdEr

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 16, 2013
    Chapel Hill, NC, USA
    that new "zero" mod could have been so good!

That fire button location, am I right? What's it doing down there?

edit: OK, now that I'm looking at it more closely, it's as if whoever was taking the pictures installed the battery cap where the firing pin cap is supposed to be, and vice-versa.

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Kui bottom feeder and chalice turned up today, chalice is junk, ohms jump all over the place and won't screw down on the kui, I give up on the chalice clones, 2nd 1 I had from different places and both been crap, they can't seem to get the chalice right.

But the Kui seems good so far, very solid mod for the money :)

my6fCkw.jpg

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Who makes it, if you know? Ni purity...is it SXK?

I bought a Nectar RTA last night.

The new zero is made by a company called Inspires.

I love the look of this zero, but is a bit pricey though, I really want it, but after my experience with the sx mini clone, think I will wait for some reviews on it first.

cindycated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 19, 2011
    San Francisco, CA
    Kui bottom feeder and chalice turned up today, chalice is junk, ohms jump all over the place and won't screw down on the kui, I give up on the chalice clones, 2nd 1 I had from different places and both been crap, they can't seem to get the chalice right.

my6fCkw.jpg
    Did it have the engraving, Nailz? On the other side?

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 21, 2015
    Arkansas Ozarks

my6fCkw.jpg
    Got mine today, but not from FC. Mine was from a private party classified ad and came with a Nuppin clone. I'm liking it...
    20150710_164530 (Medium).jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread