Anybody Using A Kabuki?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gin828

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2013
PA, USA
Breath heavy and fog the glass for the top section and lube the airflow end with juice. To keep your coil from sticking in the chimney section make sure to tight down until you touch the glass then tighten to your device by the airflow end. If you tighten by the top cap, your chimney will tighten up on your coil, resulting in the coil staying in your chimney section when you refill.:vapor:

gin828

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2013
PA, USA
BTW....I use the Kabuki Z2 with a Kick2 and actually had to dail back my watts to 10 because of Nic levels. I have tried sub ohm tanks at 30 watts but the Kabuki has them beat hands down on the flavor. The people whining and moaning about the price of the tank that take a nautilus coils really need to try it. It puts a nautilus tank to shame. My only complaint is that I wish it held a little more juice.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
BTW, that's a lotta OOO's :lol: :laugh:

You outta hear me sing that,,,,,,,, in C sharp major. ;)

My Kabuki woes are ongoing it seems, some or the new coils don't make contact either :( I've got a ticket going with Provape and hoping this can all be sorted out. I really love this tank, especially in mini mode on my Ti ProVari.

Enauduane, I'm also sorry to hear that you're still struggling with the Kabuki. Seems to me tho, that between HOH and Provape, you WILL get this straightened out. Keep us looped in.

Wishing you a speedy squashed - fatigued - deformed grommet recovery!

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
You outta hear me sing that,,,,,,,, in C sharp major. ;)

Enauduane, I'm also sorry to hear that you're still struggling with the Kabuki. Seems to me tho, that between HOH and Provape, you WILL get this straightened out. Keep us looped in.

Wishing you a speedy squashed - fatigued - deformed grommet recovery!
Thanks Katdahlink ;) I'm sure everything will be sorted out. C sharp major huh? At least I am smiling ATM :) Hope you had a nice holiday weekend!

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Thanks Katdahlink ;) I'm sure everything will be sorted out. C sharp major huh? At least I am smiling ATM :) Hope you had a nice holiday weekend!
Just out of sheer curiosity...
Between the reputation for quality and precision that Provape and HoH have...how have we NOT ruled out the possibility that this is the fault of the Aspire coils?
I'm not trying to pick on anyone here...I'm just looking at the factors in play.
You've got two companies that are known for top shelf engineering, craftsmanship, and quality...and then you've got a Chinese conglomerate known for lying about the materials used, and mass producing disposable items...
I know the Kabuki was designed around these coils. I know that the Ti2.5 Provaris were a special breed with their flat top P3 cap on a 2.5 body...but it just seems funny to me, that this could be an issue with either of them, and your simple bad luck to find it.
What are the odds of that? [emoji27][emoji27][emoji27][emoji27]
I still haven't had a chance to try a different coil in mine...I'm trying to finish off a bad juice choice. I'll still keep you updated on what I find.
Like I said, I've got 9 "old style" coils left, from when I bought my P3 Nautilus. I'll see if they perform any differently-er.

Sorry im late to the party, i havent had any problems yet. I run the p3 version. Only thing i've noticed is that the coil has. To be tight in the base or the resistance will dance around.
3a97ca35301315ffcb1b8ded3815d83b.jpg

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia

It was booming and bombing, hon, but yes, thank you! And likewise, I hope yours was a glorious Birthday celebration. :)

delete/edit...got three coils in a row to fire.

GREAT news.

HB of the Corpse. Call me a doofus (but in private), but I'm not sure I'm klear on this. I don't yet have my Kabuki (thank you SO much USPS) but having used the Naughty tanks, it seems to me that the connection has little to do with the coil. Am I confused? (perhaps)

I had one Naughty tank that gave me a world of probs. I ended up tossing it as the bottom hardware just would NOT make a connection. Being a non-modder, I didn't take it apart to investigate it's little squishy bits and all that, but it would not work. On anything, with any coil.

This is not to say that I have any doubt about the quality of either HOH or Provape, but I don't understand why the Enaudian coils did not make a connection. I have to assume that you are correct and perhaps the coils themselves were deficient. It's all so odd tho.

And tangentially, I thought it was Kanger you disliked.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Sorry im late to the party, i havent had any problems yet. I run the p3 version. Only thing i've noticed is that the coil has. To be tight in the base or the resistance will dance around.
3a97ca35301315ffcb1b8ded3815d83b.jpg

Looks great! And thank you for that tidbit.

Reactions: DPLongo22

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
It was booming and bombing, hon, but yes, thank you! And likewise, I hope yours was a glorious Birthday celebration. :)

GREAT news.

HB of the Corpse. Call me a doofus (but in private), but I'm not sure I'm klear on this. I don't yet have my Kabuki (thank you SO much USPS) but having used the Naughty tanks, it seems to me that the connection has little to do with the coil. Am I confused? (perhaps)

I had one Naughty tank that gave me a world of probs. I ended up tossing it as the bottom hardware just would NOT make a connection. Being a non-modder, I didn't take it apart to investigate it's little squishy bits and all that, but it would not work. On anything, with any coil.

This is not to say that I have any doubt about the quality of either HOH or Provape, but I don't understand why the Enaudian coils did not make a connection. I have to assume that you are correct and perhaps the coils themselves were deficient. It's all so odd tho.

And tangentially, I thought it was Kanger you disliked.
Don't even get me started on how Kanger broke my heart! The Aerotank Mega was the most beautiful tank (at the time) that I'd ever put on my Provari...and it sucked.

Anywho...now for the reason the Nauty coils make a difference in the connection of the Kabuki, but not the Nauty tanks.
Simply put, the Nauty tank has a spring loaded floating pin in the base, that bridges the gap between the bottom of the coil, and the pin of the device/mod.
HoH has cut out the middle man, and save a lot of height, by making the base of the Kabuki a simple hole. Once the coil it threaded in, the pin of the coil itself is what contacts the pin of the device/mod.
Now, this is for the P3 version. I am not aware of how the other two versions are built.
But there, my friend, is the reason the Nauty coil measurements would have anything to do with this issue Enauduane is reporting.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013

Peter_C

Who?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2013
Akron, Ohio
www.facebook.com
I very much am in love with my Kabuki P3 tank~! That said, I am on my third coil now. The first coil came with the Kabuki and worked fine, no muss, no fuss. The second coil wouldn't fire, at all~! A first for me (as an ex-Silo user, I've bought and used many of these coils). The third coil is working (I made sure everything was tight).

Reading the last few pages of this thread is making me wonder, was I just unlucky, or, will this be an ongoing problem? I do believe that HB has a very real point, as there are three parts involved, the P3, the Kabuki, and the Aspire coils. As stated, on the P3 version of the Kabuki, the coil itself makes direct connection to the P3.

It makes me wonder if these mass-produced coils might have tolerance issues (possibly) not considered?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread