Status
Not open for further replies.

gotalotgoingon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Nebraska/Dutch Harbor, AK
Awesome thanks, I have a new setup coming in todays mail and am going to try that with the bottles I have. I'm also wondering if those of us that are getting this taste are all using Reos, and it having something to do with juice dripping back down to the bottle after being in the atty?

I think you will enjoy The Witcher 3 it is an amazing game, actually playing right now between posts. :)

Talk to Katy. Her everyday setup is a Reo and her adv is the Virus. She could tell you if she is getting what you are.

Last edited:

RuDawg7890

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
Sinking Spring, PA, USA
Awesome thanks, I have a new setup coming in todays mail and am going to try that with the bottles I have. I'm also wondering if those of us that are getting this taste are all using Reos, and it having something to do with juice dripping back down to the bottle after being in the atty?

I think you will enjoy The Witcher 3 it is an amazing game, actually playing right now between posts. :)
I was hitting The Virus in a REO long before this started happening. And it happens even after a fresh build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

balance

ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
I'm not sure this a REO thing. I'm using a sad, sad Aspire ET-S glassomizer with an istick 30w, and I too noticed a change in my beloved Virus. Batch ID: 1214.09.03.082.

Fortunately, I had some Doodle to tone down the odd taste -- I'm using 2/3/ Doodle to 1/3 Virus. I assumed the difference in flavor was because most of my previous purchases of Virus were more recent than months, and I usually love me some Virus fresh out of the box.

ReigntheGamer

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
Sorry to hear this Reign... It'll get figured out. I had this same kind of thing happen with CLS once but it ended up that I just needed a break.

Hope to see you around the forum more. :)

Thanks Cullin, been vaping Wakonda and GCD all weekend but am going to take The Virus to work with me today to see if I notice a difference. I really hope it's just me (us) that needed a break which would make sense because The Virus is the only juice I vape all day every day.

Josh V

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Omaha, NE
nicoticket.com
Thanks Cullin, been vaping Wakonda and GCD all weekend but am going to take The Virus to work with me today to see if I notice a difference. I really hope it's just me (us) that needed a break which would make sense because The Virus is the only juice I vape all day every day.

HELLO Reign! Katy, Beau, and I tried out the batch that you gave me. Katy's conclusion is that it's probably newer than you may be used to, because she can see where you are getting that aftertaste from, but it still tastes like Virus, just fresher than normal. If it still is giving you issues after a few weeks steep, we'll definitely take another look then.

Have you had a chance to try it again after you took a break from it to see if that helped at all?

I have nine 60's, all from 12/10/2014, batch ID 1214.09.03.082

RuDawg, I'll be getting to the batch you mentioned here in a bit. :D

I have a bottle that was born on 5/19/15. I haven't gotten this however, I wasn't using a fresh wick either. I will have to try some once I rewick.

I played the original Witcher when it came out. I am downloading Witcher 3 on Steam now.

Did you like the original Witcher? I couldn't play it, the combat system was just too wonky for me.

RuDawg7890

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
Sinking Spring, PA, USA
Thanks Josh. I was beginning to think it was a longer steep type of thing, as this is the oldest Virus I've had. I'm kinda wondering if I need a break from it. I put it down for a couple days and came back, at first the taste wasn't there, but within ~9ml I started to get that taste again.

ReigntheGamer

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
HELLO Reign! Katy, Beau, and I tried out the batch that you gave me. Katy's conclusion is that it's probably newer than you may be used to, because she can see where you are getting that aftertaste from, but it still tastes like Virus, just fresher than normal. If it still is giving you issues after a few weeks steep, we'll definitely take another look then.

Have you had a chance to try it again after you took a break from it to see if that helped at all?

Did you like the original Witcher? I couldn't play it, the combat system was just too wonky for me.

Sounds good, so far this morning I am not getting the aftertaste as bad after a looooong weekend with no Virus :)lol:) but this bottle did have a little Wakonda left over in it. When I get home I am going to put a new bottle with just Virus in it and give it a whirl. Thanks for looking into it for me. :thumb:

gotalotgoingon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Nebraska/Dutch Harbor, AK

To be honest, it has been a very long time since I played it. If I remember correctly, I thought with some tweaks it could be good. I can't play Witcher 3. Game crashes to the desktop when the game loads. I will have to reinstall the video card drivers when I get a chance.

RuDawg7890

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
Sinking Spring, PA, USA
Send me the bottles - I will test them personally - address is on the website!
Not necessary for me, but a generous offer!
After a few days of The Cure, Raz Cup and ACB only, balance has been restored, sweat pumps disengaged, the infection continues!

Bitter Jeweler

ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2015
Cleveland, Ohio
I didn't want to comment, cuz I'm new(ish) to all this...but I've experienced similar issues with virus and other juices tasting like Splenda and are watery. Too many variables to track.

I just came off two weeks where every juice was just hitting outta the park.
Now everything is flat. It's frustrating.

I had that holy grail experience with GCD, and now in 3 different tanks (Cthulu, Lemo2, K Subtank Mini) , I just get dry cinnamon. The other night I put 4 different coils in the Subtank seeking satisfaction. I even went back to find the post where I shared my enlightenment, because I listed the coil build, and settings. I tried it and still dry cinnamon. But then last night it started getting better. Still not amazing, but much better. I don't get it!

But that was similar for The Virus. The first couple tries, I didn't care for it. It was Splenda and watery. But then that two weeks, it was amazing!

Craziness!

Megan Kogijiki Ratchford

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2013
Arvada, CO
I didn't want to comment, cuz I'm new(ish) to all this...but I've experienced similar issues with virus and other juices tasting like Splenda and are watery. Too many variables to track.

I just came off two weeks where every juice was just hitting outta the park.
Now everything is flat. It's frustrating.

I had that holy grail experience with GCD, and now in 3 different tanks (Cthulu, Lemo2, K Subtank Mini) , I just get dry cinnamon. The other night I put 4 different coils in the Subtank seeking satisfaction. I even went back to find the post where I shared my enlightenment, because I listed the coil build, and settings. I tried it and still dry cinnamon. But then last night it started getting better. Still not amazing, but much better. I don't get it!

But that was similar for The Virus. The first couple tries, I didn't care for it. It was Splenda and watery. But then that two weeks, it was amazing!

Craziness!

Some steep time will make it come around. FOOB GCD is in your face cinnamon but as it steeps the pastry and icing balances it out. :)

Bitter Jeweler

ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2015
Cleveland, Ohio
I think this is about more variables than steeping. I love GCD fresh, when its hittin'.
It's variables like, the wick, coil, your hydration, how long it's been since you've had pizza...

Incidentally, I had pizza today, and GCD/Wakonda (mix) is outta the park again!
Bizarre.

RuDawg7890

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
Sinking Spring, PA, USA
When GCD starts tasting like it's off for me from vaping it too long I hit Stawnilla sitting here for a bit then GCD is fresh and lovely again. Weird but true. ;)
Can't ever go wrong with Strawnilla! It's probably the most dependable flavor around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread