Not open for further replies.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
11 x 1 mm is pretty much what I use in those locations. Care needs to be taken that the o-ring isn't twisted when rolled on. I get under them with a safety pin pin and pull outward and go around the grove to untwist it if it did get twisted. And I'll just mention that they need lubed with juice.
And then again maybe it's just too big, how do the 10's fit? 10.5 x 1 mm is available.
hmmm...maybe I need to try again. Was sort of tired last night and got over it quick and put it all away. Went to the computer to order some 10's and got distracted and did not. The never ending "no matter how many you buy you do not have the one you need" saga of replacing orings continues. I actually might have had them twisted. Thanks, I will try again

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida

dems86

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA, US

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
That's for the GT2 not the GS2, which is what Anavidfan was asking about, and which I would also like to know about, because I could only find the German one too

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
oops, sorry, new to Taifuns here so didn't realize.....

Reactions: chanelvaps

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
My Taifun GS II got here today. So far so good. I used the PTFE tubes by themselves and it flooded bad. Then I filled them with some cotton, dry.

So I got an idea, filled them with SS mesh. Wicking well, maybe a bit too much. Will have to adjust. I hate dry hit, so rather have a bit of gurgle.

taifun-GS-GT_zpskq4m189f.jpg

dems86

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA, US
My Taifun GS II got here today. So far so good. I used the PTFE tubes and filled them with SS mesh. Wicking well, maybe a bit too much. Will have to adjust. I hate dry hit, so rather have a bit of gurgle.

taifun-GS-GT_zpskq4m189f.jpg
Congrats

You filled the PTFE with mesh too? Damn, I assumed you'd use one or the other, hehe

You probably just need more cotton or to fluff up the cotton to get a full deal, completely pressed up against the PTFE...or mesh...errr, or both ;P

Reactions: anavidfan

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Congrats

You filled the PTFE with mesh too? Damn, I assumed you'd use one or the other, hehe

You probably just need more cotton or to fluff up the cotton to get a full deal, completely pressed up against the PTFE...or mesh...errr, or both ;P

Yeah, I used the plastic tube by themselves and it flooded bad. I think you are right, probably needed more cotton. I think the mesh PTFE combo is a good combo. I I will try some more cotton stuffed in the wells to see if it is a bit less gurgle. Tiny bit of gurgle is better than a dry hit anytime...

Reactions: dems86

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Just an update, so far the GS II is going great. No gurgle anymore, think that the temp going down thickened up the heavy VG and its wicking perfect.

Will have to figure out how to get it flowing a tad less but not get dry in the daytime when its hot, especially since were in July now and this cool day will not be the norm.

Reactions: Mtek

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
I was going to do the mesh only but I read that some had shorting problems, and you had to torch them etc... So figured the plastic would protect from the shorts and mesh would be good. I use mesh in my FEVs.
I love this rolled mesh technique. I use it on the original GS. You just have to make sure your wicks stay straight and do not bend inward towards the coil. Never ever had a shorting problem just a great vape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread