Best Brand of 18650 Batteries according to...

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuseffuhler

Ultra Member
Mar 28, 2015
Houghton, MI
Anyone?

Im liking the SONY VTC5's (no they're not fake no they're not stopping production)
Sony VTC4's
Samsung
LG
Efest Purple's
Subohmcell.com
The efest purples are rewraps of several different batteries. It could be a legit 20 amp cell, it could be something else. You never know. It's definitely not a 35 amp cell.... Currently those aren't even an option, no matter how many times you rewrap it. I'll go ahead and say the same about the subohm cell. There is not an 18650, 35 amp continuous discharge battery anywhere. They're simply not available, and definitely not with a 2800mah capacity. I'd be curious to see what cell they're rewrapping though.

Darth Omerta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2015
If anyone knows batteries here its @Mooch

I am no battery expert but personally i like the vtc4s. Ive never had a problem with them whatsoever. I can also say that I've never seen a problem with them that wasnt the fault of the user for pushing them too hard, storing them improperly, etc. I have also been really liking the LG HE4s lately. I have no experience with samsung(next on my list of stuff to try). And as a lover of the hammer mech i actually really like the purple efest 18500s, never used the 18650s since there are better out there in my opinion).

senseone760

Feb 12, 2015
San Diego
The efest purples are rewraps of several different batteries. It could be a legit 20 amp cell, it could be something else. You never know. It's definitely not a 35 amp cell.... Currently those aren't even an option, no matter how many times you rewrap it. I'll go ahead and say the same about the subohm cell. There is not an 18650, 35 amp continuous discharge battery anywhere. They're simply not available, and definitely not with a 2800mah capacity. I'd be curious to see what cell they're rewrapping though.
Good info, thanks!

Reactions: yuseffuhler

senseone760

Feb 12, 2015
San Diego
If anyone knows batteries here its @Mooch

I am no battery expert but personally i like the vtc4s. Ive never had a problem with them whatsoever. I can also say that I've never seen a problem with them that wasnt the fault of the user for pushing them too hard, storing them improperly, etc. I have also been really liking the LG HE4s lately. I have no experience with samsung(next on my list of stuff to try). And as a lover of the hammer mech i actually really like the purple efest 18500s, never used the 18650s since there are better out there in my opinion).
Sony VTC4 or 5's are great. I've yet to have purchased a battery that wasn't solid. Re wrapped? I'm sure there's plenty.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
I like the Sony's. Mooch and Baditude both tell me I can safely get more amps out of them than anything but the 30A Orbs, and I do a lot of mechanical mods. In a regulated mod, the Pannys or LGs would probably be a better option because the higher output is nor required and you can get more capacity than the 30A batts provide.

Reactions: Baditude

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Anyone?

Im liking the SONY VTC5's (no they're not fake no they're not stopping production)
Sony VTC4's
Samsung
LG
Efest Purple's
Subohmcell.com

I like manufacturer branded batteries from known good suppliers that I trust not to sell counterfeits.

If you're asking about the best model of battery, it all depends on how much current you will be drawing from them.

Reactions: Baditude

senseone760

Feb 12, 2015
San Diego
Check it
image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread