Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida

Lt. Col. Killjoy

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2011
Warsaw, Indiana
Doing good. Going though some job changes, but hanging in there. Went from teaching full time to baking and teaching part-time.

Oops, gotta run - power washing the drive needs to be finished today. Mama Chak's orders.

Good luck with the baking. I seem to remember you having some culinary skills, I hope you enjoy it. Oh, and good luck with the power washing, we mustn't rile Mama Chak.

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Well, we do alright, thanks. A lot less stress working at home - I can pound the dough and beat the eggs all I want. Couldn't do that with the brats at school.

If you want to see some real good Indian dishes, check out Dusty's blog. He and I had kind of a cook off going for a while.
Dusty's Foodie Adventures: Hot Cross Buns - Muffin Style

Hope to see you around - don't be a stranger. Haven't talked to Scarfy in ages either, even though we're friends on FB. I run into GT and Burly over there occasionally.

Last edited:

76bridget

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2013
Checking in.. Good to see you pop in RJ. April, I have a hard time with heights, but loved zip lining after I made myself step off that first platform. I will never, ever step out of a perfectly good airplane.

Robin--Carpet.. only in the master bedroom here. But I definitely understand the need for it at 84 years of age.. Kids, pets, and country living play hell on carpet. But kids and pets are hard on the hardwood too..

We just got back from Roaring River. Had a nice, long, relaxing weekend. Floated the Illinois the weekend before. Home is soooo nice.. looks like we came home just in time. Severe storms rolling through later.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Checking in.. Good to see you pop in RJ. April, I have a hard time with heights, but loved zip lining after I made myself step off that first platform. I will never, ever step out of a perfectly good airplane.

Robin--Carpet.. only in the master bedroom here. But I definitely understand the need for it at 84 years of age.. Kids, pets, and country living play hell on carpet. But kids and pets are hard on the hardwood too..

We just got back from Roaring River. Had a nice, long, relaxing weekend. Floated the Illinois the weekend before. Home is soooo nice.. looks like we came home just in time. Severe storms rolling through later.

I've been watching your adventures on FaceBook and it looked like you all were having a blast! Home is nice to come back to after being away. :)

Welcome back!!

always9988

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
Hicktown, OH
Evening army. Nothing new and exciting around here.

Robin, it depends definitely on the quality of carpet and what happens to it during its lifetime. We've had carpet get ruined after 3 years by a naughty kitty (sprayed everywhere despite being neutered. Little #-$(#)@+%+) and we've had one carpet about 9 years still looks new in a bedroom. And we had what I call renters special carpet in most rooms when we moved in. Just got rid of the last of it, guessing around 25 yrs old and it was NASTY. Very dusty dirty, underpad had turned to dust.

Mostly have been making the switch to pergo. Seems to be resistant to everything. Spills, cats, dog claws, constant furniture moving. So far only one small scratch after 4 years. But definitely can be slippery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread