EHPro Mini Buddha

Status
Not open for further replies.

stvn77

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2012
costa rica
anyone had problems with the orings. The really thin ones that sit in a groove in the top cap and around the base just below the chimney. Mine just get pushed down into the base or up into
the top cap when reassembling, even when a lot of juice around to lubricate...

if you have old kanger heads ( protank, aerotannk) they have and white o-ring at 510 thread base, you can use those to replace very thin stock o-rings, fit really nice

stvn77

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2012
costa rica
That is a very nice build!!! Might have a go myself!
thanks

What do you think of your duals? That's how I have my Ubertoot clone built, and I did that with a Tilemahos as well.
is so tasty, creamy heaven vape lol
using dragon scape @ 18 watts, really nice
this tank is fun, it does fine besides the flaws

edit 1. it is drinking my juice so fast, no dry hits!!

Last edited:

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
anyone had problems with the orings. The really thin ones that sit in a groove in the top cap and around the base just below the chimney. Mine just get pushed down into the base or up into
the top cap when reassembling, even when a lot of juice around to lubricate...

I have had this problem with the bottom o-ring when installing the glass. I put a little liquid around the rims of the tube and then slowly twist the tube as I push it down. If the o-ring gets pushed down, I take it off and try again.

In my case, it hasn't been much of a problem since I discovered that it could happen. More of just needing to be aware that can happen.

Reactions: Btsmokincat

eddiea

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2014
Laguna Niguel, CA USA
anyone had problems with the orings. The really thin ones that sit in a groove in the top cap and around the base just below the chimney. Mine just get pushed down into the base or up into the top cap when reassembling, even when a lot of juice around to lubricate...

As others have mentioned, that does happen - even when lubricated with juice. I experienced that issue early on (back in April) when I was frequently changing coils/wicks to experiment with different builds. It can be somewhat tricky and a couple of times I've actually removed it and did not experience any leaks at all, then later when I needed to re-wick or re-build I just put the o-ring back on because it had reverted back to its original shape/size after sitting for some time. Also, the freezer trick has worked for me:
The one thing which could/should be improved is the size of the lower o-ring on the cap (it should be thicker) because at times it does not seat correctly and becomes somewhat stretched - although adding a couple drops of juice onto it (prior to screwing it onto the pyrex section) does help...I've gone to the extent of putting the o-ring in the freezer on a couple of occasions for a few minutes to shrink its size.
---
i did this dual coil ...
what do you think?

I thought about doing a dual coil build but haven't yet. I did however do a parallel build a couple of weeks ago with 4 wraps of 28g Kanthal @ 3mm which came out to 0.5ohms. It was a warm and thirsty build (it drank juice quickly as expected):

OZlyEav.jpg

stvn77

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2012
costa rica
I thought about doing a dual coil build but haven't yet. I did however do a parallel build a couple of weeks ago with 4 wraps of 28g Kanthal @ 3mm which came out to 0.5ohms. It was a warm and thirsty build (it drank juice quickly as expected):
parallel coil will be my next built, looks really nice.
my mini buddha gets hot after 3-4 draws, all the tank even the glasso_O
but the vape is just warm, almost cold vape

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
I've actually removed it and did not experience any leaks at all, then later when I needed to re-wick or re-build I just put the o-ring back on because it had reverted back to its original shape/size after sitting for some time.

Agreed, those thin o-rings that fit the glass tank ID are not for juice or vacuum seal and are not required for the atty to function normally. They are "shock absorbers" for the glass to reduce breakage. If the glass tank gets hit sideways, the ID bumps into rubber instead of steel. Gives you a little protection.

Last edited:

Belhade

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2010
New York (no, not the city)
So, after several weeks with Clapton and sub-ohm coils at 15-20 watts I went backwards and built a Protank-style microcoil @ 1.6 ohms, closed up the airflow and tootle puffing at 9.5 watts. I love the versatility of this tank!

I also happened to find an old shorty Delrin tip I'd forgotten about for years (it was on a mega cartomizer, go figure) and it's hands down perfect.

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
So, after several weeks with Clapton and sub-ohm coils at 15-20 watts I went backwards and built a Protank-style microcoil @ 1.6 ohms, closed up the airflow and tootle puffing at 9.5 watts. I love the versatility of this tank!

I also happened to find an old shorty Delrin tip I'd forgotten about for years (it was on a mega cartomizer, go figure) and it's hands down perfect.
yep. Running 1.2 ohms at 12.5w. Battery and last forever! probably using it more than anything else at the moment which is nuts really!

Reactions: Belhade

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
yep. Running 1.2 ohms at 12.5w. Battery and last forever! probably using it more than anything else at the moment which is nuts really!
Thinking of putting a Ti build in there and getting a TC iStick as an all-day beater TC setup...

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
Just finished this 18650 mini mod made especially for my Mini Buddhas. It's from scratch except for the switch (from an LPG) and the spring loaded 510 connector. It looked really cool with its initial angular asymmetrical shape, but didn't feel so great in the hand, so I rounded it off to a more conservative shape. Feels great and hits hard, worthy of the Mini Buddha which I have grown to love. Size is perfect for the pocket and no sacrificing amperage with a smaller battery.

IMAG0609_picmonkeyed.jpg
IMAG0607_picmonkeyed.jpg
IMAG0606_picmonkeyed.jpg
IMAG0583_picmonkeyed.jpg
IMAG0584_picmonkeyed.jpg
IMAG0586_picmonkeyed.jpg
IMAG0587_picmonkeyed.jpg
IMAG0589_picmonkeyed.jpg
IMAG0592_picmonkeyed.jpg
IMAG0595_picmonkeyed.jpg

Last edited:

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
Just finished this 18650 mini mod made especially for my Mini Buddhas. It's from scratch except for the switch (from an LPG) and the spring loaded 510 connector. It looked really cool with its initial angular asymmetrical shape, but didn't feel so great in the hand, so I rounded it off to a more conservative shape. Feels great and hits hard, worthy of the Mini Buddha which I have grown to love. Size is perfect for the pocket and no sacrificing amperage with a smaller battery.

View attachment 469409 View attachment 469410 View attachment 469411 View attachment 469414 View attachment 469415 View attachment 469416 View attachment 469417 View attachment 469418 View attachment 469419 View attachment 469420
That is amazing! Nice work!

Reactions: TheWestPole

Belhade

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2010
New York (no, not the city)
So I ran into a problem...one of my afc screws went in too far and now it won't come back out. When I try, it turns...but clicks like it's not threaded properly. I only have one small screwdriver available else I'd put a second in through the air intake and try to thread it with that.

Still works, though now the air flow is too restrictive to go back to low-ohm coils.

ccwaters

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
Minnesota USA
The Buddha family reunion! I've had this on my want to get list since I first saw it a few months back, never got around to it, just too many other shinies hitting the market :rolleyes:! Finally got around to it, great little atomizer, I love it, no issues building it. Now if someone just stocks the spare tanks! I've never broken a tank I have spares for, but it seems like every one I don't have spares for end up broken.

Like the big brother in the picture, though it wasn't bad, at least I had the steel tank as a backup at the time.

Thanks to everyone who posted in this thread, finally pushed me over the fence! :thumb:

7ufuekO.jpg

proteckt3d

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Denmark
Hy Stvn, that sucks. Have you tried cleaning the center post? Like a steel cleaner or polish or a household cleaner which contains ammonia.
I've been reading the thread and wanted to let you know that gearbest have listed the atty but I'm still wondering if I should buy because of what happened to the center post. In any case here is the link

stvn77

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2012
costa rica
hi protectk, the new center post looks fine, i dont use steel cleaner just dish cleaner for first clean and hot water sometimes
i cant remember the condition of first tank, i just cleaned... coil... vape... nice tank!!! i never checked if the center post had something bad until months later. i think i just got a bad unit
so this time i checked everything and its fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread