The THIRD!! NETty Awards!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    This ballot is too involved for my experience, but can fill in what I can..
    Best NET Overall
    1. Patriot
    2. NET.com NS Dark w/ flavor shot

Best Sweeter NET
    1. Patriot

Best Drier NET
    1. NS Dark
    2. NET.com Red Virginia

Best Pipe
    1. Patriot
    2. GeJ Perique

Best Cigarette
    1. Organic #1
    2. Big Spirit

Favorite Vendor
    GeJ

Honorable mentions
    GeJ Fire Cured for mixing, very strong

scarf-ace

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    It's nice to see the NETtys continuing on for a third year!
    I've sort of drifted off hardcore NET vaping (mostly sweets and desserts now) but a good one is still a pleasure to vape.

Best NET Overall
    1. Absolut Creme Brulee (Nicoticket)
    2. Huntsman (HHV)
    3. Brasileiro (Ebaron Lab)

Best Sweeter NET
    1.Absolut Creme Brulee
    2. Temptation (HHV)
    3. The Cure (Nicoticket)

Best Drier NET
    1. Huntsman (HHV)
    2. Puros Naturales (El Toro)

Best Fruit tobacco
    1. A Study In Apricot (VapourEyes)

NEW CATEGORY!!
    Favorite NET Vendor
    1. HHV
    2. Nicoticket
    3. El Toro/Ebaron

skilow

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 30, 2011
    Pittsburgh
    • Deleted by retired1
    • Reason: ENOUGH!

skilow

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 30, 2011
    Pittsburgh
    • Deleted by retired1

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 5, 2010
    Sydney Australia
    • Deleted by retired1

boomerdude

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    One thing I can say with confidence, is that the NET lover's I know on ECF will automatically ignore this NT baloney. We know what we like and stuffing the ballot box is just going to create negative feelings toward NT. After all, they are talking to their known customers any potential new customers reading this thread should take note of what is going on.

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 3, 2013
    Burbank CAlifornia
    One thing I can say with confidence, is that the NET lover's I know on ECF will automatically ignore this NT baloney. We know what we like and stuffing the ballot box is just going to create negative feelings toward NT. After all, they are talking to their known customers any potential new customers reading this thread should take note of what is going on.

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.
    They certainly have made themselves look ridiculous. Its almost entertaining.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 5, 2010
    Sydney Australia
    • Deleted by retired1

clnire

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 15, 2013
    Florida
    Thank you Anthony. I "volunteered" to do this because I thought it would be fun. We have a wonderful group of NET lovers who are willing to share, help, recommend, whatever and it has always been kind of a close community of friends welcoming newcomers and celebrating new vendors and NET flavors. The past 2 NETty Awards were celebrations of NET flavors and a valuable resource to help others, new and old, find new flavors to try, and maybe some to avoid! :eek:. I had originally hoped this year would be the same, I never expected it to become a marketing ploy for for someone's agenda.

I dealt with it the best I could think of at the time. The mods, and wonderful people who saw through this ploy, have been very supportive, for which I thank each and every one.

The shame of it is that it kind of brought the whole thing to a screeching halt. There has not been the discussion of NETs, voting, and information that happened those past 2 years. So while I have compiled all votes so far, and hope to perhaps get more before I close it next weekend and report, I fear it won't be as valuable nor informative as past awards were.

To the NET community and friends I love, support and am trying to help, I thank you. :wub: And if you know someone who appreciates true macerated NETs and might still care to vote, please urge them to do so.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 3, 2013
    Burbank CAlifornia
    OM golly gee whiz just tried some of my recent purchase of RBFS Count Caramel. This is no lightweight vape I tell you. Dak and rich and smokey vape. I vaped it on an IPV with a Sigelei Taj Ji Dripper at about 13 watts. Good solid TH. Really anxious to get this in a tank but thinking it would be best in a TGT2 and I have to finish what is in mine first. Maybe by morning.
    Thanks to all that recommended it

Thundernoggin

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 29, 2014
    MI
    I'm still relatively new to NETs. I've vaped a ton of Ahlusion tobaccos which are, as discussed earlier, now synthetic. I also tried a whole bunch of the HHV Purity tobaccos and not a single one of them worked for me. I don't know if I got a bad batch or just bad tastes buds but the sweetener masked the flavors and I couldn't tell them apart. Also tried a bunch of Trabuco but those really didn't scratch the itch either although I do enjoy Blackstar. After I ordered from N-E-T.com the fireworks started going off. I generally have to stay at 80VG or above to avoid throat problems so I'm like a kid in the candy store now on that website and have plenty more on my want list. So until I can get more experience my votes will be sparse. Thanks to everyone who shared their favorites.

OPTIONAL BALLOT

Best NET Overall
    1.'Dat Caramel Brownie in'da Pipe? - N-E-T.com

Best Sweeter NET
    1.'Dat Caramel Brownie in'da Pipe? - N-E-T.com

Best Fruit Tobacco
    1. Golden Apple - N-E-T.com

Best Pipe
    1. Orange Blossom Honey - N-E-T.com

Best NET RY4
    1. N-E-T's tRY4.1 - N-E-T.com

Best Synthetic/non-NET tobacco
    1. Shipwreck - Ahlusion
    2. Caramel Wildwood - Ahlusion
    3. Just Criminal - Ahlusion

NEW CATEGORY!!
    Favorite NET Vendor

1. N-E-T.com

Honorable mentions (not tabulated as votes, just a place to shout-out personal favorites that didn't make the cut).

Nicoticket Strike. I thought this was a good fruity tobacco and I enjoy vaping it. This thread being used as a trophy collection device.....not so much.

boomerdude

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Thank you Anthony. I "volunteered" to do this because I thought it would be fun. We have a wonderful group of NET lovers who are willing to share, help, recommend, whatever and it has always been kind of a close community of friends welcoming newcomers and celebrating new vendors and NET flavors. The past 2 NETty Awards were celebrations of NET flavors and a valuable resource to help others, new and old, find new flavors to try, and maybe some to avoid! :eek:. I had originally hoped this year would be the same, I never expected it to become a marketing ploy for for someone's agenda.

I dealt with it the best I could think of at the time. The mods, and wonderful people who saw through this ploy, have been very supportive, for which I thank each and every one.

The shame of it is that it kind of brought the whole thing to a screeching halt. There has not been the discussion of NETs, voting, and information that happened those past 2 years. So while I have compiled all votes so far, and hope to perhaps get more before I close it next weekend and report, I fear it won't be as valuable nor informative as past awards were.

To the NET community and friends I love, support and am trying to help, I thank you. :wub: And if you know someone who appreciates true macerated NETs and might still care to vote, please urge them to do so.

Hey Cath, don't sweat it. You got hooked into this at the wrong time. Just look at how many folks from La Cosa NETstra are missing from both this thread and the NET thread. A lot of them have moved on completely. So I would say a good half of the former respondents of the previous years are missing this year. It's weird because the extraction threads died out also.

Must be NET.com's fault. A lot easier to order it than DIY I guess.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 5, 2010
    Sydney Australia
    I'm not super in to NETs, but I've tried a few. I'm voting mostly because I've noticed that my top pick is not even mentioned... and that needs to be remedied. My list would include more if the Allusion aromatic line was still around- I loved them.

Best NET Overall
    Excalibur- NET.com (seriously-- nectar of the gods)

Best Sweeter NET
    The Cure- NT

Best Fruit Tobacco
    Starry Night- NET.com

Best Cigar
    The Ruins- NET.com

Best Synthetic/non-NET tobacco
    1. Tripoli- Charlie Noble (I have no idea if this is a NET or not- it says "aged turkish tobacco" but who knows.)
    2. Epicure- 503

Wow. You took one shot and hit the bullseye. You are not wrong about Excalibur.

I'm debating whether to include it in my voting because I haven't spent enough time with it and it has been in deep steep since I got it. But even fresh, it showed great potential.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 5, 2010
    Sydney Australia

If it wasn't for you, these NETTY awards wouldn't even be taking place, so thank you :)

My votes tomorrow. Promise!

Gauntlgrym

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 25, 2013
    OH
    • Deleted by retired1

Henry Etta

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 23, 2013
    Minneapolis, MN
    Wow. You took one shot and hit the bullseye. You are not wrong about Excalibur.

I'm debating whether to include it in my voting because I haven't spent enough time with it and it has been in deep steep since I got it. But even fresh, it showed great potential.

That's exactly what I thought when I tried it fresh... great potential. After about 6 weeks of steep, it truly is amazing. I vaped the whole bottle in 2 days. Been meaning to grab a big bottle. It's a little spendy, but worth every penny imo! Made me really want to try all the cigar juices on Clays site. I never smoked cigars, and really hate the smell, but it seems to work for me as juice.

67Tele

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 23, 2014
    Austin
    That's exactly what I thought when I tried it fresh... great potential. After about 6 weeks of steep, it truly is amazing. I vaped the whole bottle in 2 days. Been meaning to grab a big bottle. It's a little spendy, but worth every penny imo! Made me really want to try all the cigar juices on Clays site. I never smoked cigars, and really hate the smell, but it seems to work for me as juice.

I got a bottle of Excalibur in May. Figure I'd try it around Thanksgiving...hehe. Clay's cigars are the only cigars I'm able to get a flavor from. 7th Cut being my favorite so far. I know The Ruins gets rave reviews but, working out of a little sample bottle without a long steep I'm not getting the greatness others have. Not gonna give up on it though. Yesteryear is also tasty.

Henry Etta

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 23, 2013
    Minneapolis, MN
    He's got a few new flavors up that look good... may have to put in an order and try some 7th Cut as well! I like the Ruins a lot (got my fav cigar vote- the flavor to me is outstanding even fresh), but I can't vape much at a time. Some of the NET.com juices give me a headache if I vape too much.
    I've tried many juices from NET.com, and a few from Ethervapes, but never tried RBFS. Was thinking now is a good time since they're so cheap right now. I'm wondering how they compare to NET.com? (I know that's kind of a broad question...) I don't vape NETs a whole lot any more, so I don't know if I want to go crazy ordering them, but it's hard to pass up $10/30mL.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread