Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
Yeah, I tried a little experiment last night with what I did have on hand,
Strawberries & Cream - 10%
Cotton Candy - 10%
Juicy Peach - 5%
DX Bavarian Cream - 5%

It wasn't bad (a little harsh and alcoholy? at first, better after 1hr breathing time), but it still didn't have that grainy texture that I was hoping for... Let me know how the berry crunch works out if you give it a try, okay?

Papillon61

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2015
Sunshine Isle
It wasn't bad (a little harsh and alcoholy? at first, better after 1hr breathing time), but it still didn't have that grainy texture that I was hoping for... Let me know how the berry crunch works out if you give it a try, okay?

I keep wondering about this grainy texture you mention. Is there some graham cracker in there? You know none of the juice makers put in all their ingredients in the description, precisely because they don't want people copying it. Some, like Mystique, give no description at all. I can sometimes get close to a juice if I have tasted it. To go simply by the description is next to impossible.

Papillon61

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2015
Sunshine Isle
This may be a little off topic but..... I am trying to open Bill's Recipe on Dropbox but can not seem to find anything that will open it. Can someone possibly give me a hand. Appreciate the help!!:thumbs:

They are zipped files. You would certainly need winrar to unzip them. Then they are .rec files which is an extension used by ejuice me up calculator. You can donwload it here: eJuice Me Up - Best eJuice Calculator

Kaezziel

Supreme Overlord of Everything
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
I keep wondering about this grainy texture you mention. Is there some graham cracker in there? You know none of the juice makers put in all their ingredients in the description, precisely because they don't want people copying it. Some, like Mystique, give no description at all. I can sometimes get close to a juice if I have tasted it. To go simply by the description is next to impossible.

Yeah, it's really hard to describe, but on the inhale I could almost swear that it was like putting real cotton candy in my mouth. That sensation of it dissolving and the grainy/gritty texture of it. I know that's impossible with a vape, but I distinctly remember being blown away by that when I first vaped it. I should probably pick up another bottle and give it another try (I haven't vaped Alpha in about a year now).
I know what you mean though... kinda why Colonel Sanders won't tell us what's in his chicken recipe... if you could make it at home, you'd never buy it!

Sgt.Rock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2014
The Poconos
Hey Kaezziel .. You may find that 10% Cotton Candy might flatten the whole mix out as it's just EM AFAIK

My experiences (however limited) with EM is that anything more than a couple percent tend to dull the flavors.

Although as always, your mileage may vary ;)

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
Hey Kaezziel .. You may find that 10% Cotton Candy might flatten the whole mix out as it's just EM AFAIK

My experiences (however limited) with EM is that anything more than a couple percent tend to dull the flavors.

Although as always, your mileage may vary ;)

Yep, you are correct. It is just EM in a PG solution. I may play with the percentages a bit and try to get things narrowed down a bit. Flavor was still pretty good in that test mix, but I'm still missing something. I have a feeling that duplicating that recipe is going to be my 'unicorn'... thanks for the tip on CC percentage though. I've usually kept it down to 3-4% in anything else I've ever mixed, so I wasn't sure what would happen at higher percentages.

Reactions: TrollDragon

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Yeah, but what about the 11 herbs and spices?
I know my tastebuds could never narrow them down....

Dunno for sure, but I got a great idea from the "Chicken Helper" flavor they stopped making, damn them.... "Ranch Crusted Chicken" -- I add some ranch dressing to the egg dip, and some parmesan cheese to the flour coating. If you added a mix of ranch dressing and buttermilk to the egg dip, and left out the parmesan cheese, I think it would come out a lot like KFC.

Andria

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
Dunno for sure, but I got a great idea from the "Chicken Helper" flavor they stopped making, damn them.... "Ranch Crusted Chicken" -- I add some ranch dressing to the egg dip, and some parmesan cheese to the flour coating. If you added a mix of ranch dressing and buttermilk to the egg dip, and left out the parmesan cheese, I think it would come out a lot like KFC.

Andria
Wow, that sounds pretty good... I've had a fried chicken craving for about a week now! I may just have to give that a try... might even leave the parmesan cheese in there. I did a chicken skillet recipe that I made up last night, but it doesn't fix the fried chicken craving...
Brown cubed chicken breast in a little coconut oil, then add cubed potatoes, red onion, broccoli florets, and sliced portabello mushrooms. When the potatoes are cooked through, pour in about a quart of heavy whipping cream, add rosemary, thyme, sage, and about a half cup of grated parmesan. Stir well, then add cherry or grape tomatoes. When tomatoes are warmed through but not broken down, spoon into a dish and enjoy...

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Wow, that sounds pretty good... I've had a fried chicken craving for about a week now! I may just have to give that a try... might even leave the parmesan cheese in there. I did a chicken skillet recipe that I made up last night, but it doesn't fix the fried chicken craving...
Brown cubed chicken breast in a little coconut oil, then add cubed potatoes, red onion, broccoli florets, and sliced portabello mushrooms. When the potatoes are cooked through, pour in about a quart of heavy whipping cream, add rosemary, thyme, sage, and about a half cup of grated parmesan. Stir well, then add cherry or grape tomatoes. When tomatoes are warmed through but not broken down, spoon into a dish and enjoy...

Sounds great, except for the tomatoes -- my innards decided a couple years ago that they never want tomatoes, ever again. :( Considering the punishment my own body metes out to me if I eat them, I decided I'll just forego them. :D

In the flour coating, if you add about a tablespoon of corn meal, it gives it a more crunchy/crusty texture.

Andria

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
Lee's is the best are there any outside of Nebraska? Thought they were more of a local restaurant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We have Lee's in Florida. Or did, I think the one near me closed... But everything is closing near me. Hummmm.....

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
Sounds great, except for the tomatoes -- my innards decided a couple years ago that they never want tomatoes, ever again. :( Considering the punishment my own body metes out to me if I eat them, I decided I'll just forego them. :D

In the flour coating, if you add about a tablespoon of corn meal, it gives it a more crunchy/crusty texture.

Andria

Yeah, I only added the tomatoes because my wife loves them so much. I'm willing to bet it'd be just as good without them. I know what you mean though, my gut doesn't like pork nearly as much as my tongue does... if I eat it now, it's in small quantities and not on a regular basis...

:D Oh, I always add corn meal in with any breading for fried foods!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread